Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Did you convince them to let us back?
Old 05-30-2014, 06:04 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Did you convince them to let us back?
We didn't do anything wrong or anything. Issue is they consider it a special event. So I did the proper procedure for that and its been a long process. Lots of questions from them. Need 1 thing cleared by the board and then we should be good.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:09 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Hey Jolt, an idea man..

What about inviting 1-2 food trucks to the event? Most of them tend to be available on Sundays for such.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Overbear
Hey Jolt, an idea man..

What about inviting 1-2 food trucks to the event? Most of them tend to be available on Sundays for such.
That's a great idea. I know the folks that run MeSoHungry and if there were an idea of numbers and such I could ask them what they would want to join. We have a coordinator at work that sets up a lunch truck every day of the week, could run the idea by them and see if there would be interest.

Also there are places that do catering insofar as just providing a pile of food and it's dished up at the event. Not sure if that would be an option but for example there is a Filipino place (Tastebuds) that brought a bunch of stuff to our work and it was awesome - all of it was pre-cooked and did not seem to require too much maintenance. Love me some adobo and lechon kawali. I know not everyone is into that, but they have solid veggie options and of course there are others to consider.

But the food truck idea is complete and that would be great. Just have to worry about scheduling, and rubbish cleanup. Plus they get business, win win.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Old School

Hey Jolt, an idea man..

Park service says they don't like the idea of it. Trust me, we totally wish we could.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Park service says they don't like the idea of it. Trust me, we totally wish we could.
So I pose the next question, why not move the venue to another place in the bay area, that WILL let the trucks come. I bet just a hour or two searching would turn up plenty of places. I am willing to help, if that idea gets floated.

Also, as I understand it, its a public park, so if they just "showed up" I don't think there is any LEGAL way they could stop them from setting up. Just things to ponder about.

Last edited by Overbear; 05-30-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:13 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by UKn00b
Sure I actually have someone here at the shop I'm dying for you to meet!
Suarez?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Old School

So I pose the next question, why not move the venue to another place in the bay area, that WILL let the trucks come. I bet just a hour or two searching would turn up plenty of places. I am willing to help, if that idea gets floated.

Also, as I understand it, its a public park, so if they just "showed up" I don't think there is any LEGAL way they could stop them from setting up. Just things to ponder about.
You are more than welcome to scour google maps to find the 400 parking spots we need. that will likely only suffice for a year or two. I firmly believe we will top that within a couple years.

Find some parks, and compare lot sizes and get back to us. I've spent hours doing so, and found this place to the best place for 1) Weather 2) Central Location in the bay 3) Parking...

But if you can find something, I'd love to see it.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 AM

You are more than welcome to scour google maps to find the 400 parking spots we need. that will likely only suffice for a year or two. I firmly believe we will top that within a couple years.

Find some parks, and compare lot sizes and get back to us. I've spent hours doing so, and found this place to the best place for 1) Weather 2) Central Location in the bay 3) Parking...

But if you can find something, I'd love to see it.
I was not trying to belittle your work dude. I was asking a question, and I am more than happy to pitch in a hand, ive set up quite a number of car shows back in the day. Let me spend some time this weekend poking around and just seeing what is out there too, perhaps a fresh set of eyes and all that.

Hey what about the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk parking lot, that thing is HUGE and I bet they would love to have a "car show" happen to draw in a crowd? (again just tossing ideas out there, not trying to talk down or anything dude)
Old 05-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Old School

There are issues with the exchange of money, permitting, etc. I'm sure it can be done, but we already within the 90 day window for first time Special Event applicants. Once we can show them we are legit, I think in the future we can do a lot more. So for this year they were like "anh", but I think next year or the year later we'd be in a better position to push for it.

I'd like to actually just get this event happening. They took a long, long time to get us to this point with this special permit stuff. They aren't feeling it, and I'm not pushing it. Need to get this event happening.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:33 AM
Old School

I was not trying to belittle your work dude. I was asking a question, and I am more than happy to pitch in a hand, ive set up quite a number of car shows back in the day. Let me spend some time this weekend poking around and just seeing what is out there too, perhaps a fresh set of eyes and all that.

Hey what about the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk parking lot, that thing is HUGE and I bet they would love to have a "car show" happen to draw in a crowd? (again just tossing ideas out there, not trying to talk down or anything dude)
and I'm not being sarcastic or anything. It's just I haven't found a place, but if you do that'd be dope, cause the bigger we get, the less this event happens.

It's the curse that's also the dream come true.

Totally a possibility, but would people drive to SC from, lets say, north bay or Sacramento?

Also, is there a picnic site for everyone, or we just on our own for food? Not sure if we can have Vendors setup shop? Definitely possible though.

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 05-30-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
and I am more than happy to pitch in a hand, )
Name:  J8K3L.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  119.6 KB
Old 05-30-2014, 09:36 AM

Humm... the new Levi field parking can handle 10k cars...
Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Old School

Humm... the new Levi field parking can handle 10k cars...
Do you mean the Santa Clara County Parking Garage? Or the Great America Parking lot?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
We didn't do anything wrong or anything. Issue is they consider it a special event. So I did the proper procedure for that and its been a long process. Lots of questions from them. Need 1 thing cleared by the board and then we should be good.
Ya I remember hearing that they were just not happy about money exchanging hands and stuff related to that.

Ive been to Hammy, Novato twice, Alameda, and Freemont. For me personally I think Freemont has been the best location to date.

Quick Reply: The "when is BAM?" thread