Warriors thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by En3D
What a game! Refs were trying to give the game to NO. Draymon's early fouls, no call on the Steph on the game tying 3. Klay's away from the ball so called intentional foul (why would they want to intentionally foul there?).

Come on, let's wrap this up Saturday and rest for Memphis.
It's always going to be a difficult game to win when Derrick Stafford is officiating.

As for the fouls, Warriors got away with a couple flops (phantom elbows landed on DGreen and HBarnes) that they replayed on TNT. And a couple Bogut grabs and holds when Curry or Thompson drove to the basket.

Plus Klay did foul Davis there at the end. Not a smart play.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:17 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
It's always going to be a difficult game to win when Derrick Stafford is officiating.

As for the fouls, Warriors got away with a couple flops (phantom elbows landed on DGreen and HBarnes) that they replayed on TNT. And a couple Bogut grabs and holds when Curry or Thompson drove to the basket.

Plus Klay did foul Davis there at the end. Not a smart play.
He did, but it wasn't a "hacking" foul awarding a free throw AND possession. There's a big difference. That was just a straight off the ball foul, no free throws.

As for the W's getting away with a few, they rarely get away with fouls compared to other marquee teams. The W's were -3.7 in free throw attempts per game through the regular season. They W's didn't get any more favorable calls than the Pelicans did.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
He did, but it wasn't a "hacking" foul awarding a free throw AND possession. There's a big difference. That was just a straight off the ball foul, no free throws.

As for the W's getting away with a few, they rarely get away with fouls compared to other marquee teams. The W's were -3.7 in free throw attempts per game through the regular season. They W's didn't get any more favorable calls than the Pelicans did.

I don't know what you mean by off the ball, but Anthony Davis never touched the ball. Inside 2 minutes, more than 2 fouls, if you foul somebody that doesn't have the ball, they get 2 FTs + possession. But still, was not a smart move by Klay to even give the refs a reason to whistle the play dead, intentional foul or not.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:46 PM

Should've been free throws but not possession of the ball too.

Last edited by En3D; 04-24-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I don't know what you mean by off the ball, but Anthony Davis never touched the ball. Inside 2 minutes, more than 2 fouls, if you foul somebody that doesn't have the ball, they get 2 FTs + possession. But still, was not a smart move by Klay to even give the refs a reason to whistle the play dead, intentional foul or not.
I thought it had to be an intentional off the ball foul for them to get possession as well as the free throw.

-Brian
Old 04-24-2015, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 00 RS Coupe
From the NBA's last 2 minute report:

Q5 00:10.9 Foul: Away from Play Klay Thompson Anthony Davis IC
Comment: Thompson (GSW) holds Davis (NOP) and prevents him from freely moving. However, this is not an away from the play foul and should have been deemed a common foul.

IC = Incorrect Call

Also interesting:

Q4 00:14.0 Turnover: Traveling Stephen Curry INC*
Comment: Curry (GSW) moves his pivot foot.

Q4 00:03.5 Foul: Shooting Anthony Davis Stephen Curry INC
Comment: Davis (NOP) makes contact with Curry (GSW) prior to his landing. A player's shooting motion continues until he returns to the floor.

INC = Incorrect Non-Call

According to a report the refs claimed that if Curry had missed that 3 on the game tying shot they would have called a foul. Since he made it they decided not to call it, which is BS if you ask me. If a foul occurs call it.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:06 PM

I'm reading the rules and it doesn't mention what happens if you common foul a player who doesn't have the ball in the last 2 minutes of OT.

Makes no mention on whether a foul is intentional or unintentional.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:14 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Crazy game.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:43 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I'm reading the rules and it doesn't mention what happens if you common foul a player who doesn't have the ball in the last 2 minutes of OT.

Makes no mention on whether a foul is intentional or unintentional.
From my understanding, Klay's common holding foul was not to be interpreted as an Away From the Play Foul (e.g. the Hack-a-Shaq Rule). New Orleans shouldn't have gotten a free possession after the foul was assessed.

I can't identify this within the NBA rulebook though.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:23 AM

Stephen Curry of Golden State Warriors named NBA Most Valuable Player for 2014-15 season
Old 05-09-2015, 06:26 PM

Warriors playing little to no defense, and can't shoot the ball for 2 consecutive games now. Terrible 1st half so far. Hope they bounce back in the 2nd half, but I don't have high hopes...
Old 05-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Warriors thread

No 3s, no Dubs, No W's
Old 05-09-2015, 08:08 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Warriors defense is bad, and their handle of the ball has been terrible.

Mephis already made their adjustments, Warriors need to make Memphis bomb the 3 and double down low, gave them much better opportunity than Z-Bo and Gasol taking our bigs to school.

Sad to watch, and Curry and Thompson... wtf kind of 4th quarter is that? Are they burnt out? They look like Lebron when he just disappears.

They got within 4pts from a trashy game, and they should have converted the fast break, but that turnover to Allen's pts was killer. Warriors need to ride the hot hand, and that was definitely Barnes today, should have had him get the ball more since he was hot.

Hope they figure it out, because falling 3-1 would be terrible.

Warriors need to understand their objective; they have let up since the MVP announcement.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:37 AM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
They got man handled in the paint, Girz simply too big for them
those rebounds that were there onthe offensive end against the Pelicans simply arent there when playing Memphis.
When you play a good defensive team with good wings they make curry/Klay uncomfortable
They got a LOT of calls go GSW way in the 4th that made it closer than it seemed.
the problem with doubling Zebo/gasol is that they are very good passers, and it doesnt necessarily mean they will need to pass towards the 3pt line, they have guys that can cut and move without the ball, plus when youre scrambling to rotate on D, it opens up for offensive rebounds.
its a pick your poison scenario now
GSW will be a much better team if they have a legit post option.
game 4 is a must win, no matter how you look at it, but I dont think Memphis will fold
Good Luck
Old 05-10-2015, 09:39 AM

Car Info: car
i've said it all season, they needed a real big man. or at least pick up someone else for when we face teams like this. I would have signed brandon Bass or JaVale Mcgee for these games specifically.

Quick Reply: Warriors thread