The Walking Dead

Old 11-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'm making my wife watch it right now and she's all freaked out already... lol We're not even half way through, but so far she really likes it which is awesome as it gives us both something to watch together. Usually she likes shows that I hate, and likewise.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
This show is actually based off a comic book series. I haven't read the comics yet so I don't know if it's following the comic event by event. But if somebody's eager to know what happens next, probably best to start reading the comic book.
According to my friend who is into the comics, it stays along the lines of the comic but not exactly... Like, there was no tank scene in the comic, and things like that, otherwise it holds true to the story and how it's "realistic" for a zombie/comic. The show really gives it a realistic touch, like someone said above, it's a fairly convincing representation of what would happen if a zombie apocalypse actually did happen, and I think that's what separates this from all the hollywood feature films. (using "realistic" and "zombie apocalypse" in one sentence, )

The problem with all the other zombie films that have come to existence is that they are waaaaay too "hollywoodified". Meaning that it focuses on cheesy anticipation scenes, unnecessary explosions, way too much CG and doesn't focus on the human element (realism of the experience) enough and that's where this show shines... It shows the story in a different light and I think thats why it is so appealing to everyone. AMC rocks, they have done such great things for their network in the past 6ish years... They transformed that channel completely. Good work AMC!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
I watched it earlier today. Let me say that I am huge fan of zombie based stories. This show definitely has the potential of greatness, but the first episode was a little slow for my tastes. I'll definitely watch the next one hoping that it picks up a little more.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:52 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Talking

Originally Posted by brucelee
I'm in about 35 mins right now and so far it's been better than any of the other lame zombie movies/shows that Ive ever seen (28 days later, I Am Legend, etc).

for the record, the movies "28 [days|weeks] later" and "i am legend" aint zombie flicks, the truest form of zombie flicks.

both movies have to do with living humans that have turned due to some virus, and in the case of "legend" due to mutant-cy.

even the resident evil series, though it comes close, aint zombies either.

zombies, IMO, must have been dead in order to come back to life. and the only way to kill is them to separate the head from the body, or a head shot.

and you can even extend zombie classification into that they are not olympic sprinters, like the remake "dawn of the dead" directed by zack snyder, who, also directed a WRX commercial, which he just happened to sneak in a few seconds of it at the beginning...

note how the lead character was surrounded by zombies once he got into the city? although they were slow as molasses due to their shear number, he was almost taken in...

sincerely,

a zombie purist.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
for the record, the movies "28 [days|weeks] later" and "i am legend" aint zombie flicks, the truest form of zombie flicks.

both movies have to do with living humans that have turned due to some virus, and in the case of "legend" due to mutant-cy.

even the resident evil series, though it comes close, aint zombies either.

zombies, IMO, must have been dead in order to come back to life. and the only way to kill is them to separate the head from the body, or a head shot.

and you can even extend zombie classification into that they are not olympic sprinters, like the remake "dawn of the dead" directed by zack snyder, who, also directed a WRX commercial, which he just happened to sneak in a few seconds of it at the beginning...

note how the lead character was surrounded by zombies once he got into the city? although they were slow as molasses due to their shear number, he was almost taken in...

sincerely,

a zombie purist.
Yeah yeah yeah, basically what you just said is "zombie purist = virgin".

Kind of reminds me of this shirt:

Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 PM

technically, the show never mentioned the word zombies. They called them "walkers" lol
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
this series is way better then having to pay 15 dollars to watch paranormal activities 2... that movie was crap. this is going to be a great series and i cant wait to watch episode 2
Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
poor horse...
Old 11-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by RU-X
poor horse...

Deputy: comon girl, calm down, just trust me

*Deputy trots right into a zombie Giants parade*

Deputy: Sorry girl, it's either you or me!

*horse gets eaten alive*

lol
Old 11-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2003 Yellow
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
this series is way better then having to pay 15 dollars to watch paranormal activities 2... that movie was crap. this is going to be a great series and i cant wait to watch episode 2
I hope you didn't pay to see both those movies b/c I spent my time in the first one laughing throughout the movie. I'd rather watch Korean or Japanese horror flicks. The American cinema is now taking a lot of foreign horrors and remaking them here and turning them to crap. As for the Walking Dead, I like it.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB Wagon
I dont think it looks too good.
Then again, I'm not much of a zombie fan.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:38 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
i can't believe what they're doing right now!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Can't wait for next week when Rick finds out that his best bud is banging his wife lol

Didn't the hacksaw fall right next to the dood who was handcuffed at the end?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Can't wait for next week when Rick finds out that his best bud is banging his wife lol

Didn't the hacksaw fall right next to the dood who was handcuffed at the end?
wait.. the girl that was bangin in the intro was his wife?!?!?!? oh ****z!!

and yea... wtf.. stupid guy didn't even look at the hacksaw next to him on the other side of the pipe. -_-

Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by x002x
wait.. the girl that was bangin in the intro was his wife?!?!?!? oh ****z!!

yup! And that kid was his son!

If u missed it, the first episode, Rick showed a picture of his wife and son to the black guy and his son

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Walking Dead