The Walking Dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:54 PM

^ I guess they just uploaded it. Seems a bunch of people missed it and wanted to watch it. It's good that they put it on the website.

Wait till that deputy gets to Atlanta
Old 11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
^ I guess they just uploaded it. Seems a bunch of people missed it and wanted to watch it. It's good that they put it on the website.

Wait till that deputy gets to Atlanta

WARNING!!! POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the scene where the black dude is sniping them from his upstairs window and sees his wife in the scope and has a emotional breakdown... Deputy is on his way to atlanta now... This is pretty scary for a show (I'm never scared by shows or movies)!

Edit: Damn, it just showed his old partner at that camp, this is getting REALLY good!!!

Edit II: I'll update this as it goes on, so far it's GREAT!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:20 PM

One question I do have however is why don't the zombies eat each other? Why do they have to eat non-infected humans? You'd think they'd eat any kind of flesh, including their own... This seems to be a common theme amongst zombie movies, and in some I can understand, but it doesn't really explain it in this show. Anyone who reads the comic or knows more about it know the answer?

PS: He's in atlanta now and he just turned onto that block with like 1000 zombies who were all chasing him and his horse... Holy anxiety batman!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM

OK, seriously, I just finished that episode (which was over an hour long) and it was EPIC! I got to the tank scene and have to ask, WHEN IS THE NEXT EPISODE?!?!? I have to watch it, NOW!!!

Anyone know?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
OK, seriously, I just finished that episode (which was over an hour long) and it was EPIC! I got to the tank scene and have to ask, WHEN IS THE NEXT EPISODE?!?!? I have to watch it, NOW!!!

Anyone know?
Sundays at 7pm on AMC channel
Old 11-04-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
One question I do have however is why don't the zombies eat each other? Why do they have to eat non-infected humans? You'd think they'd eat any kind of flesh, including their own... This seems to be a common theme amongst zombie movies, and in some I can understand, but it doesn't really explain it in this show. Anyone who reads the comic or knows more about it know the answer?

If you're a zombie, and human flesh or any animal flesh that's not infected tasted like steak to you, vs zombie flesh that tasted like poop, which would u rather eat? lol
Old 11-04-2010, 03:09 PM

7pm? Damn, the earliest I can find on Comcast is 10pm on Sunday... The anticipation is already killing me, lol! I caught a preview of the next episode from the original link and that has eased my anticipation a little bit... The first episode leaves on a massive cliff hanger, so it's good to kind of see what happens. I love spoilers, but I know a lot of people don't, and if you don't, DO NOT WATCH THE PREVIEW FOR THE SECOND EPISODE!!! Lots of spoilers!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Just got through the pilot.... VERY GOOD!!! I love human stories in a post apocalyptic reality. This ain't no Resident Evil... which I like.

Freaking unnerving! From the dad dealing with the emotion of losing his wife, to the main character revisiting the "park girl" and looking at her with pity; in stark contrast to the horror and fear of their first encounter.

This is exactly what a zombie TV SERIES needs to be. Not an action movie flick, or video game shootem up adventure.

Short term, this has great potential for a season.

Long term, I'm not too sure as it'll have to go down the path of "delving into the mystery" of how the zombie outbreak happened. Kind of like how Lost season 1 was a lot about each character, their background, how they got here, and providing a deeper understanding of why they are doing what they are doing now. The problem is, the zombie outbreak mystery has been hashed out ad naseum in other places (movies, games).

So for now, just let us get to know the human struggle in this world that has been turned upside down... because THAT's the theme that's relevant to our real lives today.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:39 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
I saw the tv spots for the show and it peaked my interest. After seeing your posts, I'll definitely be checking this show later tonight OnDemand. Thanks for the reviews guys.

I liked 28 days later, btw. It seemed to have a different angle on the zombie genre. I thought it had a very human element to the story and it wasn't just about killing/escaping zombies.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
its pretty good. no real special effects. if i was to imagine the world with zombies this show does it. the ONLY issue i have is i really think he should be running around w/ a ar/mini14/mini30/ect. no sign of one yet.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Giibo
I saw the tv spots for the show and it peaked my interest. After seeing your posts, I'll definitely be checking this show later tonight OnDemand. Thanks for the reviews guys.

I liked 28 days later, btw. It seemed to have a different angle on the zombie genre. I thought it had a very human element to the story and it wasn't just about killing/escaping zombies.
It's kind of a "28 days later" with medium speed zombies. They aren't nearly as fast, but they aren't slow when in attack mode. Definitely not nearly as "demon from hell" as Legend.

Also... the characters in this show aren't so "hardened" as in the "28 days later" movie.

However, the human element is even deeper in this show than 28.

I sure hope he recovers his bag-o-guns in ep2.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM

BTW, I picture BruceLee getting ready to watch this show by laying out his guns around his house in a defensive perimeter.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by nation
its pretty good. no real special effects. if i was to imagine the world with zombies this show does it. the ONLY issue i have is i really think he should be running around w/ a ar/mini14/mini30/ect. no sign of one yet.
Yah not quite sure why he was running around with a duffle full of 12 gauges...maybe thats all the SO runs with in GA

Good show, I'll keep watching.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Awesome first episode, looks like I need to watch this on Mondays after it comes on line from Sundays!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by chimchimm5

This is exactly what a zombie TV SERIES needs to be. Not an action movie flick, or video game shootem up adventure.

Short term, this has great potential for a season.

Long term, I'm not too sure as it'll have to go down the path of "delving into the mystery" of how the zombie outbreak happened. Kind of like how Lost season 1 was a lot about each character, their background, how they got here, and providing a deeper understanding of why they are doing what they are doing now. The problem is, the zombie outbreak mystery has been hashed out ad naseum in other places (movies, games).

This show is actually based off a comic book series. I haven't read the comics yet so I don't know if it's following the comic event by event. But if somebody's eager to know what happens next, probably best to start reading the comic book.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 11-04-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Quick Reply: The Walking Dead