Verizon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I just upgraded both my phone and the wife's phone. I went in one day to upgrade and the dude fast talked me. I generally don't get burned by it, but he got me. I paid $219 for the S7. Got a wireless charger, otterbox case, tempered glass screen protector. Thought I was just paying for this ****. 3 days later I get the full recepit's from VZ to view and see I was enrolled in the month to month payment. Dude never told me, I was pissed. But my bill is only $3 more.

Went back in 2 weeks later to upgrade the wife's phone. Got a way better person who broke it all down. Even though I'll pay month to month, they discount the access fee so the bill only goes up $3 instead of $28. But yea, I still had to pay the $20 upgrade fee. And I only got her otterbox case and tempered glass screen. $137. Wasn't paying for another wireless charger when I can buy cheaper ones on Amazon.

Which I plan to do and take apart and install in my truck so I'll have wireless charging in there.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:53 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yup... and I can get you phone cases Justin.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:06 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I just upgraded both my phone and the wife's phone. I went in one day to upgrade and the dude fast talked me. I generally don't get burned by it, but he got me. I paid $219 for the S7. Got a wireless charger, otterbox case, tempered glass screen protector. Thought I was just paying for this ****. 3 days later I get the full recepit's from VZ to view and see I was enrolled in the month to month payment. Dude never told me, I was pissed. But my bill is only $3 more.

Went back in 2 weeks later to upgrade the wife's phone. Got a way better person who broke it all down. Even though I'll pay month to month, they discount the access fee so the bill only goes up $3 instead of $28. But yea, I still had to pay the $20 upgrade fee. And I only got her otterbox case and tempered glass screen. $137. Wasn't paying for another wireless charger when I can buy cheaper ones on Amazon.

Which I plan to do and take apart and install in my truck so I'll have wireless charging in there.
The OEM Samsung inductive charger is a POS; had so many problems with it charging that I returned it. I bought a $9 Amazon one that works better, but I haven't tried the 3.0 plug with it and the 3.0 charger does a MUCH better job than 2.0 simply because it monitors the battery state.

Last edited by 04GG; 06-07-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I want an s7. My HTC One is just fine though.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
The GF is also looking at leaving Verizon and noticed that StraightTalk has a 10GB a month plan for $55.