Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Ya its been said to use the wrist band and i think its a good idea
Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Roo is going to be in charge of the food stuff, he had some GREAT ideas on how to remedy every problem that we had. He's in charge of it, he just doesn't know it yet! Muhahah!

(In charge of organizing a method where where each person gets a single plate when they get in the door, and after that plate is used they can't use it again, that way people who don't pay can't get food because what are they going to do? Put food in their hands? I want to make sure that everyone gets food before people start going up for seconds, and I also want to make sure that everyone gets a fair amount of food so that it doesn't to go waste from people grabbing too much because even last year I saw entire burgers, hotdogs, and things like that sitting in the garbage. I know "Roo" has a really good method to remedy our current problem so I'll let him chime in and lay down the rules... He used to be a big time caterer and knows how it's done.

I like the idea of giving people a plate as they enter the event (instead of only getting a wrist band, people will get a single plate as they check in (pay at the door or check their names for pre-pay), and so ONLY people who paid to get into the event will get food and people who just show up and don't pay wont.

Just to remind everyone, this event is not only for us Subie owners, it's for the homeless animals that need medical attention, food, and most importantly homes! The Furry Friends animal rescue is a great group of volunteers that find dogs and cats that are sitting in shelters and are about to be put to sleep (death)... The people at Furry Friends come in to the shelters and rescue the animals right before they are to be put down and temporarily foster the animal until it can find a permanent home and not be put to sleep. A lot of times Furry Friends will come in just HOURS before the animal is to be put to death... These are just ordinary people that do this for FREE and our donation will help in the rescue of these animals... Furry friends will work with food distributes to get food at cost (to maximize the amount of food they get for the money), and they have inside connections with every animal related institution which includes medical hospitals, etc... This means that all supplies and services are basically done at cost so our money goes really far).

I'm hoping that the charity will come out and have a presence at the event so you guys can learn more about it. Last year's event did a lot to save the lives of a lot of animals and it makes me really proud that we were able to achieve that. Good job everyone.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:55 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I seriously dislike the idea of being handed a plate as you enter the door. That is much more likely that the plate will be lost, trashed, stolen, dropped or misplaced. Not only that even if you don't have something happen to the plate, then you are stuck holding this plate all the way until lunch time and may end up being forced to carry it around with you as I saw lots of people that were just wandering around last year and didn't really have a designated spot for themselves and their stuff (other than back at their own car).
Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
I agree. The wristband idea is much better. Have plates at the line, and hand it to the person after putting an "X" on their wristband. I know people would hate to walk around with a paper plate until lunch time. Very inconvenient.

Also, will all the info be posted on this thread or will there be an "Official BAM X" thread with all the info about tickets, location and such?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:20 PM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
I'm down for $5 10$ whatever
Old 05-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Churro Aficionado

imo wrist band > plate

Originally Posted by Guillermo
I agree. The wristband idea is much better. Have plates at the line, and hand it to the person after putting an "X" on their wristband. I know people would hate to walk around with a paper plate until lunch time. Very inconvenient.

Also, will all the info be posted on this thread or will there be an "Official BAM X" thread with all the info about tickets, location and such?
ya im sure there will be multiple official threads for everything

Just wanted to start this to see what the plans were looking like thus far
Old 05-31-2010, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
just another suggestion to the "x" on the wristband idea but possibly using a hole punch to punch a hole in the wristband instead of an x. Not saying anyone would do it but I could see someone potentially wiping off the "x" off of their wristband whereas you can't patch up a hole in it. Both are inexpensive ways to do the same thing. just an idea but I'm on board with the wristband.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Ill volunteer to do anything that is needed. Last year, I was on the grill and I could do that again or I can help organize or do any and all of the above.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:44 AM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
im here for the gangbang......

josh
Old 06-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Churro Aficionado

its about time you show up
Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
YO SILLYCHICKEN....

I decided if I can help, in any way, i will make myself available. I KNOW i live in Truckee, but I talked to my in-laws (Berk hills) and they said I can come down as often as i need to and stay thee.

sooooooo, please let me know what i can do. i'd be happy to be in charge of the gang bang.

josh
Old 06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Churro Aficionado

Thats awesome man
Old 06-03-2010, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by StarrRSX
On food last year it may have been good, however all I got was a bag of chips. I saw many people coming back with heaping plates of bbq'd goodness but when I finally went up (after the line finally ended still in the shade) There was only a few pieces of meat and no buns...I was a little dissappointed Sooo...I have an idea (cuz whats the point of saying a problem with out suggesting a solution) Since we did have wristbands last year we could do 2 things, 1st to keep everyone in shorter lines call the #'s up on the wristbands example wristbands have a #67854 or something say everyone between 67750-67800 come get food than the next 50 people. 2nd maybe mark the wristbands with an X so no one sneaks in for 2nds before others have gotten 1sts...just a thought

Also I have a general idea...maybe we could make the donation a whole sort of theme to the bbq. If we're donating to the animal shelter it would be great if we could find a place to bring our pooches too(just a thought maybe we could try a fair grounds http://www.sonoma-marinfair.org/facilities.shtml as an example, although it maybe too late to change this year) If we brought our pooches we could maybe have a cutuest/ugliest dog contest or best trick or dress them up lol...also it would be pretty sweet if the human society could host an adoption event at BAM (I know many of us have puppys and kittens and dont need more but you know you put those big brown eyes in front of us and some of us will go home with a new best friend). OR we could also do something where if we bring a dog/cat toy/food we get a discount on entry or a free raffle ticket or two

And it doesnt even have to be animal shelters/humane society we donate to and have as a theme, example: breast cancer and we could put pink on the shirts (cuz I'd love to see some of you boys rockin pink) and maybe get people to grow out their hair and cut it at the event and donate to cancer patients
As said already, good point about food issues. Hopefully there will be a very solid solution to crack down on the "moochers" that seem to show up at BAM each year, but somehow still keep the event from feeling/appearing like a soup kitchen line during the Great Depression.

As far as integrating the attendees vehicles with the "car show" entries, why not actually have them all in the same place? I mean, the parking lot closest to the grassy BBQ area could have spaces reserved for those vehicles, as opposed to having them take up valuable grassy lounge space. The grassy area would also serve better as a recreation/activity area. At Hammy we didn't have cars taking up our eating/lounging/activity space....just a thought. Although this notion would also then bring into discussion whether the vendors are going to set up in the same parking lot next to the little "bridge", or whether they will be on the grass area again. I think the layout of these two points (car show entries and vendors) would make a big difference to how "connected" people feel when socializing in the park/BBQ area. Just my 2c.

P.S. Wife and I would absolutely pay more than $5 each for tickets. Hammy was never so cheap, why should BAM be now? Isn't a pack of chewing gum like $5 now also?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by vodka
As said already, good point about food issues. Hopefully there will be a very solid solution to crack down on the "moochers" that seem to show up at BAM each year, but somehow still keep the event from feeling/appearing like a soup kitchen line during the Great Depression.
:
Assigned seating...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Impreza STI
So is there any updates on this?

Quick Reply: Unofficial: BAM X