UFC Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:58 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Dana doesn't necessarily want fighters, he wants someone people will like and someone people will HATE. That's what gets people to watch. People will watch to see someone they hate get knocked the eff out as much as to see their favorites win.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04GG
Dana doesn't necessarily want fighters, he wants someone people will like and someone people will HATE. That's what gets people to watch. People will watch to see someone they hate get knocked the eff out as much as to see their favorites win.
They way the count is talking you may be right. They might just protect him. He's talking like he's gonna run through anyone they put up against him but he's calling out a dude ranked like 11th. LOL!

I just don't see him staying in there. To me the most story book and for me the one that gets the most interesting fights (money) is hendo winning with an overhand right.

That's just how I see it. But this might be the perfect fight for GSP to come back for. I'd love to see GSP just pepper dude with jabs until his face fell off.

Any way you look at it though... I don't see any way Luke doesn't get that belt back in the next 12 months... He's the most polished fighter in the weight class and he's not on drugs. Most of the guys people were scared of are falling off because the drugs are getting watched more.

Lawler could pull a McGregor though. If there was ever a chance for him to hold 2 belts it's now.

How I see it...

1. Hendo gets the fight. Wins. Retires. Luke/Chris fight for the belt.
2. Chris gets the fight. Wins. Fights Luke and looses.
3. GSP comes back. Wins. Retires. Luke/Chris fight for the belt.
4. Lawler takes the fight. Wins the belt. Goes back to defending his other belt.

Me... I'd personally like to see number 1.

That weight class is falling off. Count is the softest champ in any of the weight classes. Luke and Chris are both good fighters but nobody wants to watch them fight each other every year. Belfort is a cheater and he's falling off. Souza... dudes good but he's 36. Silva is falling off. He needs to basically be looking for throw back money fights... not caring about rankings or the belt. Or they'll toss him at the count and let him retire with the belt. Forgot about that one.

Whittaker and Mousasi are the only real threats under 30. Bader should drop weight classes.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:08 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Personally, I pretty much lost interest in anything UFC televises. I cannot remember the last card I bought or followed the live play-by-plays on Sherdog. Too much drama; its starting to feel "reality TV" versus legitimate "sports league".

IMHO Dana was, is and always will be a pure promoter. I am not going to take credit away from those capabilities or accomplishments. But, damn, stick to what you are good at and out of Kool Aid you have no business drinking. In some respects it is starting to feel like boxing. Whatever brings the biggest short term $$$ irregardless of fairness, logic, professionalism or long term growth potential.

I am not saying UFC does not have talent pool or puts on good fights...it just feels disjointed and not fluid somehow. Oh well. It is what it is.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 06-20-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:17 PM
General Pimpin'

True
Old 06-22-2016, 11:54 AM
General Pimpin'

LOLZ
What Dana White got very wrong about Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone | Fox News

Dana white is a complete asshat. Cerrone has a big time following. People love watching that dude fight. He fights a lot. He fights anyone they put in front of him and he usually wins. One of my favorites. Dana keeps screwing him. He needs to get paid more and he needs a title shot.

10-1... most of those he's gone beast on people and his only loss was too a champion and one an amazing body shot. When you loose once in 10 times it's kind of like... well.. **** happens. Calling him inconsistent is insane. Dana is just making excuses on paying people jack.

He's gonna pay Brock 10x's what cerrone gets paid so the money is there.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Morning Report: Michael Bisping calls Georges St-Pierre 'a little b*tch' for leaving MMA because of PEDs - MMA Fighting

someone needs to knock this dude out. I though JBJ was the worst champ of all time... this dude takes the cake. He's got no class and he's talking crap about anyone and everyone like he walks on water.

Got very lucky against an overconfident fool in Luke. Beat a horrible Silva BY DECISION. Decision over Leites. Dude hasn't done much of anything in recent years. Decision of C.B. He literally had no business getting that fight in the first place and he hasn't really done crap of quality for years. He's got a ton of fights and quite a few wins over guys that are gate keepers or just at the end of their careers. He's not that good. Dude was 13-0 before he fought anyone quality. Beat Hammil who barely fights. Then got worked by Evans. Beat a couple more meh type guys... then got by another one sided heavy hander in Leban. Then got absolutely smoked by Hendo. Beat Kang... legendary name not in his prime. Got worked by Silva. Beat a few more gate keepers. Lost badly to Sonnen. Beat Stann which bummed me out but Stann is another one sided guy. Worked by Vitor. Lost to Belcher. Lost to luke.

If you really look at it... record looks good but he really hasn't done all that much. He's lost to good fighters and avoided a lot of other dangerous guys.

He knows that no matter who they put in there he's gonna get crushed. His only chance is going after guys like Silva... dudes ancient. He should retire. And GSP... he is retired. And Hendo who's ranked 13...

He knows if Luke gets another shot he's going to get dominated. Weidman would walk through him. Souza. Belfort. He loses both of those. Hall probably knocks him out.

He knows his only chance of defending and being considered a legit champion is calling out an old fart in silva who he knows he can beat... or gsp who he thinks he can beat... or hendo who he considers and old fart that he can beat.

I don't care who they put in there. They need to beat him. I hate silva but hell... get in there. Get your belt. Retire. Hendo... love the dude. Get in there get your belt. Retire.

GSP... I don't want to see that dude come back. Are people not remembering how punch drunk he was after that last fight? But if he does come back... beat the count. Add a victory to your record. Then go back into retirement for good.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:10 AM

Car Info: 90 s13 hb, 87 gts, 08 frontier
Surprised no one came here to blast the living snuff out of Mr. Jones

Who do you all think DC should fight next?

Last edited by Jacare; 07-07-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 PM
General Pimpin'

I'd say Rumble but he's hurt. So Gus or Bader.

JBJ needs to go away. Maybe if the UFC properly punished him for his cocaine issue this crap could have been avoided. They basically let him get away with everything his entire career. The only time he's gotten anything was the L for the eye poking and that was before he was anything big. Once he got established he got to do wtf ever he wanted. So they put that message in his head. Of course he's gonna act a fool.

He looked like crap last fight. I was looking forward to watching him lose.

Laughable that they have him as number 1 pfp after his last fight. Joke.

Pisses me off that he got a $25k fine for cocaine and diaz gets a lifetime for weed. Retarded.

They need to remove weed from the list and start hammering these guys that are costing fights.

This is gonna cost the UFC some money. It's definitely gonna cost DMC a crap ton of money. Dude PAID money for this training camp and now you're taking money out of his families pocket. JBJ should be ashamed of himself. There needs to be some sort of system in place to pay these guys out that are loosing out on fights.

You basically put them in a position where it's like... pay money. Train for months. Now don't fight. Now wait. Now do it all over again. Or they have to take a fighter on no notice that they're not prepared for which is risky as hell... just ask Conor and Luke.

So now DMC doesn't get paid or he has to fight someone he's not prepared for and risk his belt.

it's horse**** and its' happening all the time. Don't want to fight someone... get injured or fart and pull out of a fight a week before. Screws over the guys that are putting in the work.

Feel really bad for DMC. And I feel bad for anyone that bought that fight card to watch that fight.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:44 PM
General Pimpin'

Take away johnny's drugs and the dude falls apart... 2 missed weight cuts and one horrible fight in his last 3 fights. And he looks like half the dude he was when he fought GSP. Interesting.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:15 PM

Brock's been inflating his ego lately...I'd like to see Brock Lesnar fight Alistair Overeem again. I think he (Lesnar) would get destroyed though.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:46 PM

My roommate and I order the 200 card. I want my monies and hours of life back. What complete and utter rubbish. Watching paint dry was more exciting.

Brock still doesn't like getting hit and without his standard issue WWE steroids is a sad sight. Pretty much 21st century Marc Coleman except without without any talent?

Also vs Edgar...Yeaaaaah. I don't care that Aldo won. ****ing *****. Motherf*cker ran away/backpedaled the entire 5 rounds! May be it is just my own personal biases against "technical counter punchers" that refuse to engage and instead occasionally throwing a punch here and there winning on points...even worst when they are clearly the bigger guy with longer reach. I don't care what the announcers said, McGregor knock out is still very fresh fear for him and he just did not want to take ANY chances there.

Cormier vs Silva...not even going there.

I had a sad watching Gomi loose
Old 07-11-2016, 01:28 PM
General Pimpin'

I thought the card was pretty solid actually.

3 strait finishes on the undercard. Joe is a beast. I love watching that kid fight. The Sage fight was sick too. That dude was in DEEP several times and got out and won the fight. Most people tap in those situations.

The T.J. fight was pretty good.

Penna/Zingano was a pretty solid fight too. Not a lot of striking but the ground work was solid. Good wrestling. Etc.

Cain absolutely destroyed Browne. That **** was impressive.

Aldo/Edgar was exactly what I thought it would be. Aldo looked good. It's not easy to get Edgar off his game and not really knowing what to do. Those take down attempts were horrible. Aldo is gonna destroy Mcgregor in the rematch.

D.C./Silva was pretty much exactly what I expected. World class wrestler controlling a world class striker and JJ fighter the way he knows how... wrestling. Why risk the loss? He wasn't prepared for Silva and Silva can knock you the **** out if you slip up with him. He fought the smart fight. But yes... not the most exciting fight.

Brock/Hunt. I was impressed as hell with Lesnar. Dude hasn't fought in 5 years and comes out against one of the most dangerous strikers in UFC history and just controlled him. Manhandled him. I wasn't board at all with that fight. That was damn fine top game work for Lesnar. Anyone that thought he was gonna stand and bang with Hunt is an idiot. Buying the card to watch Lesnar bang with Hunt is retarded.

Nunes/Tate. That was a damn good fight. Nunes is legit. Then next fight in that weight class is gonna be dope. Pena is gonna be a good match up. Those 2 are gonna go at it.

So in short... it was a pretty good card. But then again... I watched it free.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
So in short... it was a pretty good card. But then again... I watched it free.
That's the big difference right there Everything taste better when it is free

Was the card pretty good ignoring all other factors? Sure. I will agree there. Did it live up to its build up, hype, promises, and expectations of a double century event? Nope. No where close IMHO.

Perception is everything especially when it is a huge milestone event with potential for a lot of new viewership. Every little detail counts there and, unfortunately, just "pretty good" doesn't cut it in that circumstances. But again, that's just my opinion and biases.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:59 PM
General Pimpin'

when things are hyped like this it can be very easy to hope for too much.

But in reality... the card went pretty much exactly like I thought it would.

My biggest let down was that Joe and Cain won too fast. But both had great performances.

Only people I feel bad for are the people that bought it to watch JBJ... though that fight probably would have been just about as boring but 2 rounds longer. JBJ looked like *** the last time he fought. Dude is so full of **** about his drugs. He just needs to come out and say sorry... I got caught cycling. My bad. I won't do it again. Fact is... with his structure... he doesn't need it. He's a mismatch for nearly the entire division size wise.

I hope Diaz beat McGregor and Hendo knocks the **** out of the count. 202 looks like a damned good card.

Pizza place by my house shows all the fights free. Just come eat and drink.... or in my case just drink. Not to bad prices either. Ruination for less than $5 a pint.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:30 AM

It all makes sense now...Brock fighting in UFC 200 and constant WWE video game plugs. Looks like WWE bought UFC for $4 billion with the deal slated to be finalized within the next 4 months. And with a deal this size it usually means it was already in the works for at least the past 6.

So, ladies and gentlemen in attendance and the millions watching at home...Leeeeeeeet's geeeeet reeeeeedy...for scripted crossovers! "behind the scenes" locker room drama! BIG entertainment personalities versus BIG talent! Even ****tier contracts and lower average fighter pay! And most important....bra-and-panties matches!!!

The Savage Truth: Going, Going, Gone ? UFC Officially Sold

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UFC Thread