UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 11:12 AM

Wasn't able to see the fight, but looks like she got owned throughout the whole match. Only saw the last 30 seconds or so on youtube.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Yea thats basically how the fight went
Old 11-17-2015, 03:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by ruehl
RR needs a new coach/team whoever signed off on that game plan has no business coaching her. I mean lets charge in against a taller more talented and experienced boxer. What could go wrong?
This!!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:23 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Exactly. I had a feeling that is the way it was going to go down because RR was pumped up with way too much confidence from everyone around her.
I heard she has a bunch of yes men around her.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by sigma pi
I heard she has a bunch of yes men around her.
She's been the golden pony. Unfortunately for her it got in to her head an in to her camp.

If she wants to prove she's the best she's going to have to face Holly again. It's not going to be easy to come back from getting knocked the F out. But I think if anyone can do it it's her.

I think she'll get pissed. Hopefully she's changer her approach and change her camp up. I really think that the UFC wanted/needed this to happen and really pushed the underdog stuff through. They're gonna make a ton of cash on that card. Everyone is.

I think RR was going to retire after that fight. There was no one left to fight except Cyborg and that just wasn't going to happen. I think she was going to retire and go after all these other things she has going on.

I think she looked passed Holly and got caught... a lot like Tyson did to Douglas. You can not look passed a quality striker with power. (side note... holy looked big as hell. for a woman her age it really had me questioning a history of test usage. She was cut and beast).

I think the UFC knew she was gone and they needed that money. RR is literally the Tiger Woods of women's fighting. She carried it into a legitimate area and every woman after her should thank you that they can make a living doing it. She was who she needed to be.

But now with this loss they have another golden goose on their hand... the return of RR... can she do it or will she get knocked out again. It's a lot like the Silva fights. It's a win win for them. If she comes back and wins then they have another couple fights out of RR and they have the Cyborg drama again. If she looses then they have a new queen of the UFC and all those women that were dead zones for ticket sales will all have a chance to push for the belt again. Tate will be back. Cat. Etc.

It gives the UFC a couple more years of fights with interest.

RR runs through Holly in that fight and it's a dead weight class and the women's fight game probably goes with it. They've only got 1 legit star left with RR gone (if she destroys Holly) and everyone knows those lower weight class fighters don't sell big tickets.

This was the best thing that could have happened for Dana and the UFC.

I'd personally like to see RR come back and win. Then retire.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:06 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Holly is a top ranked boxer and kickboxer. She's a heck of a striker and tailored her game to defending against RR's judo and takedowns. She also has enough ground game to hold her own, so she's more well rounded.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:56 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
Holly is a top ranked boxer and kickboxer. She's a heck of a striker and tailored her game to defending against RR's judo and takedowns. She also has enough ground game to hold her own, so she's more well rounded.
I wouldn't say that. She is a far better striker. She's as elite a striker that the women's fight game has ever had. World class. Top end kick boxer.

She has great balance and very solid take down defense.

RR has a better top game. Has far better JJ. Has better judo. Has better grappling. She's a quality striker. She's very well rounded.

But a striker with power and precision is a striker with power and precision. She'd definitely well rounded but I wouldn't say "more" well rounded.

I think with a better game plan it's a different fight. But when you get knocked the **** out like that... some people never come back. RR has been open to that kind of KO her entire career. Holy was tailor built to beat her.

But someone will come along that's tailor built to beat holly too. I'd say any of the top 4 have a shot.

She reminds me of Brian stann or even the big gorilla. They came in and in a very small amount of fights took the belt because they were powerful and lethal... even carwin is a good example. Great striking can make everything else look better because people are scared to get punched in the face.

Either way, it's gonna allow her to continue to improve at amazing rates because she really doesn't need to train much on her striking. It's there. So she can spend her entire camps training specifically for the fighter she's fighting. Good wrestler... train how to stay on your feet and reverse JJ on them when they're on top.

She basically got to spend the last 2 years of her life training to beat RR.

RR spent the last 2 years doing wtf ever she wanted. LOL!

I'm curious to see how she does. She was taking time off anyways. So the question is... can she come back, does she want to come back... and can she game plan against that reach and that accuracy.

But it's really tough for me to say Holly is the best thing in the game right now just because she won. A lot of superior fighters get knocked the **** out. I think she is going to have to do the same thing that happened to Silva to RR... stop her twice.

She does that and it's game over for RR and game on for Holly and the rest of the UFC for the next couple years.

Hell... I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC figures out a way to pay RR to not fight for a year or more. Milk it.

I think the only thing that Holly did that surprised anyone that doesn't have their head in their *** is stop that arm bar. I think that's when the fight ended for RR. She hasn't had too many people do that and I think it got in her head. She was like... ****... lets bang. Ooops.

Got gonzaga'd
Old 11-18-2015, 04:06 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I liked RR until she started saying "I'm the greatest fighter in the world." or agreeing with it when people said it. That's usually when things go south. Chuck Liddell comes to mind. Unstoppable until he got knocked out and then things changed completely and he never really came back from that. RR can come back from this for sure and she's got a good set of tools overall, but the important one, as we saw in this fight, is she can't stand with a good striker as far as I can tell. Cyborg is also a serious striker - I saw her at the tank. Dang, but yes, that won't really happen IMO.

I don't think Holly is the best either - but she's clearly prepared. She took it seriously and did exactly what you said, tailored her training to defend and beat RR. It was easy to see what RR's game plan would be based on previous fights and pick her apart. I kind of don't expect Holly to sit on top for 12 title defenses either, but that's a good thing too.

For sure the main thing is, the rematch will be epic.

lol. You mean Cro-copped? When Gonzaga Cro-copped Cro-cop

Name:  Some_more_Napaownage.gif
Views: 7
Size:  5.20 MB

Last edited by 04GG; 11-18-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Chuck was a good example of a guy that didn't come back too well. But I think it had more to do with timing. He was getting older. Reflexes were getting slower. Power was still there but he couldn't counter punch like he used to be able to. And he was on the edge of the changing of the card. From the straight brawlers or guys with 1 or 2 skillsets to guys with everything. The new bread was too much for most of those guys.

Look at Randy and Dan as examples too. They've held on too long and they both showed that tough guys with heavy hands can win from time to time but the new guys are just too much. They've figured out how to cut weight... aka carry a lot more weight on fight days. Carry more muscle and explosiveness. These guys have been training specifically for MMA since they were teens.

The old guard were guys that were JJ pro's or guys like chuck that were kempo mosters. (my brother in law trained with chuck. did that pit tattoo on his shoulder. LOL!)

But yeah... a lot of people just don't come back right. The guy that actually came to mind for me was forrest. He was a straight beast but once he really got ko'd he was never the same. Couldn't take a hit anymore and eventually got scared of them.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:00 AM
General Pimpin'

You see all this JBJ stuff with him looking all huge?

My theory.... he's not getting tested regularly while he's suspended... he can juice.

I think he started putting on lean muscle mass. He'll cut weight until he gets his belt back and then he'll jump to heavy. That weight class is wide open for him if he can put on the right kind of weight.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You see all this JBJ stuff with him looking all huge?

My theory.... he's not getting tested regularly while he's suspended... he can juice.

I think he started putting on lean muscle mass. He'll cut weight until he gets his belt back and then he'll jump to heavy. That weight class is wide open for him if he can put on the right kind of weight.
I actually do t think he is juicing since his numbers aren't that impressive for a top tier athlete. It kind of makes sense he started power lifting since it's a day after day grind where you continuously try to beat your previous best which could help him stay off that nose candy since he has a true focus with achievable goals instead of just practicing a type of MMA.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ruehl
I actually do t think he is juicing since his numbers aren't that impressive for a top tier athlete. It kind of makes sense he started power lifting since it's a day after day grind where you continuously try to beat your previous best which could help him stay off that nose candy since he has a true focus with achievable goals instead of just practicing a type of MMA.
Maybe... and no his numbers aren't impressive. Some of his lifts I was doing in highschool... which were more than guys that looked a lot bigger than me that were juicing...

And this stuff is all different now than it used to be. And it's easy to mislead in those photos... take one all over hydrated and push your stomach out. Then take one right after you did a 2 hr pump. Same dude can look completely different. So you could be right.

But I have zero faith in the dude doing anything legit. He's been a dirty fighter since day one in the ring. Skirts the rules. He's shown very little class in thinly veiled words that mean jack when you look at his actions. Then all the stuff with the cocaine and getting slapped on the wrist when guys have had their careers ended and/or lost hundreds of thousands over weed... and then the accident that brought enough backlash that dana had to actually do something....

He could be better.... he could not. Me... I put him in the same boat as cyborg.... probably still finding ways to skirt the rules.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
I wouldn't put him with Cyborg. Testing positive for stuff is not the same of open hand face guarding. Also, in my opinion the elbows are not dirty nor should be. Even 12-6 if you look at the research and incidents. The reason he got off with the coke was it was out of competition and that test was suppose to only be for PEDs. The guys who tested positive for weed are just idiots, like him for coke, since they know everything gets tested post fight.

I just hope he destroys DC, who is in my opinion making a mistake taking time away since he can hit that wall any day because of his age.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:47 PM
General Pimpin'

I can agree with that.

What cyborg did was change her genetics and gained a massive advantage over pretty much anyone that didn't do that. Like TRT. You've got guys that can effectively carry weight differently... and later in life than folks that don't.

But just like in baseball... you still have to have the skills to pay the bills. LOL!

I have to admit... I've been a JBJ hater since day one. I watched the way he fought the hammer. He was dirty and he did a lot of things that are o.k. in the rules but pretty much everyone with class avoids them.... the downward shots directly at people's knees.... downward elbows are very dangers and very easy to avoid... he knew what he was doing. And he knew what he was doing with the open hand eye pokes that led to matt not being able to see.

He was clearly the better fighter and didn't need to do any of that ****.

Then he started talking about God like some politician. I knew right there that everything about him was fake. Turns out I was right.

With a guy his height you can complete neutralize a striker with a massive reach disadvantage by open hand palming them and poking them in the eyes. He's always done that. He sticks his hands out there and guys can't move in. It's dirty and cheap. That's why he and the UFC do whatever they can to keep him matched up against short wrestlers and why he got crushed by the first quality stand up guy with reach.

I hate the dude. It's like the difference between Tito and Chuck.

I also hated the spider. Strangely enough I like the Diaz brothers and RR. LOL!
Old 12-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Geez, Wiedman got dominated by a less than 100% Luke Rockhold and Aldo got KO'd in 13 seconds by The Notorious Conoooorreee McGreggoooorrrrrrrr. Lucky punch? I don't think anybody saw what happened in real time. I actually though Aldo slipped and fell lol. Didn't see the punch until slow motion replay. Definitely want to see a rematch between the 2.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread