UFC Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:45 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
I was going for Cat but that was dumbass strategy .. Reports say Rousey will be making a mil with ppv fights and win. So it's $65k W/L/D and $65k if she wins the rest from ppv and prolly submission of night bonus ...
Old 04-29-2015, 06:48 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Definition of a dumb ***; physically talented, champion in the biggest MMA organization, mufti-million sponsor deals, granted get-out-of-jail cards time after time...yet he STILL persists on acting like a fool at every turn. Well goodbye Mr. Jones. Makes sure the door slams you nice and hard on your way out. Good luck anything above minimum wage after this. You can take the person out of the trailer park, but you cannot take the trailer park out of the person?

Jon Jones Suspended, Stripped of Title, Replaced by Daniel Cormier at UFC 187 | Bleacher Report

The UFC stripped light heavyweight champion Jon Jones of his title and issued him an indefinite suspension Tuesday. Those actions came as a result of the fighter's arrest on a "felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injuries,"

SportsCenter noted that Jones is the first UFC champion to have his title revoked for disciplinary reasons.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 04-29-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I called this **** months ago. The way they handled the cocaine issue was a huge sign of things to come. If you keep letting self centered idiots get away with their actions because they're "talented" and making you money this is the type of crap that's gonna happen.

Everyone and their mother knew there was no way in hell that JBJ was gonna get in the ring with rumble. Rumble was gonna knock him out. They got scared in the gus fight that they'd loose there super man money maker... they ALWAYS have a dominant champ that "no one can beat" it's the UFC formula.

No way they were gonna let him face Rumble. UFC just didn't have to help him duck him... jbj did it to himself.

So tired of this idiot. Never been a fan.

Hmmmm.... lets go back in time to the day I decided I hated this kid as a fighter and a person....

He fought the hammer. He fought dirty. Intentional eye pokes. Intentional strikes to the back of the head. Etc. All things he did not need to do because he was the better fighter anyways. The downward strikes to the front of the knee (legal but retardedly so).

Hammer fought his *** off to stay in it.

The man with honor just did what? Oh yeah he ran down a car with a drunk and drugged lady putting her kid at risk... on foot. Busted the window. Stopped the car. Saved the kid.

What did the other guy just do? Oh he hit a pregnant lady hard enough to DESTROY a huge SUV and bust her arm. Putting her baby in danger, etc. Then he ran away. Then he came back to grab his cash and probably a bag of cocaine and ran away again.

Some things never change.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Nurmagomedov pulled out of his fight because of a meniscus tear?

I'm curious to see if it's going to require surgery or not. If it's a non surgical situation he's definitely dipping cerrone.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:47 PM

Weidman and Cormier dismantle Belfort and Johnson without much effort.

I knew Johnson was going to gas out if he didn't get a KO in the first round. Easy pickings once he's gassed.

Same goes for Belfort, they both rely on the fast and furious assault in the 1st round. If they don't get it, it's over for them.

I like how Cormier calls out Jon Jones in the end. "Jon Jones! Get your shizz together! I'm waiting for you!"

lol
Old 05-24-2015, 10:43 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Weidman and Cormier dismantle Belfort and Johnson without much effort.

I knew Johnson was going to gas out if he didn't get a KO in the first round. Easy pickings once he's gassed.

Same goes for Belfort, they both rely on the fast and furious assault in the 1st round. If they don't get it, it's over for them.

I like how Cormier calls out Jon Jones in the end. "Jon Jones! Get your shizz together! I'm waiting for you!"

lol
Was a petty and stupid thing to do. Jones was a terrible champ out of the ring. DC needs to be a better one and right now it's looking like he's gonna be just as bad. Not a good start.

Everyone knows what's up with JBJ. And DC is right... he does need to get his isht together and come back. Only bad thing is... DC would get worked over again. Rumble needs to work on his JBJ and his cardio. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win his next fight. Get another shot at the belt and win.

I honestly don't know how long DC will hold the belt but my thoughts is not that long.

I'm stoked Vitor got smoked though. Screw that fool.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Man I hope Cain comes back and he's not rusty. I want to see a violent knock out. Card has some brawlers on it so it could be good. I'm curious to see if Efrain can show some upside. Dude beat a pretty solid Cole Miller but besides that he's been terrible. I think the only reason he's on is because he's mexican and has a little bit of name value. 2-5 his last 7 fights is not good. I'm not sure what's up with the dude or if his early record was inflated with busters or what.

After this there's not all that much for me until Dillashaw comes back and beats the crap out of Barao. Least I hope he does. I hope he keeps cool and fight smart. I can't stand Barao. Dude got his butt handed to him and can't just admit it. I hope Dillashaw finishes him quick.

That card should be dope. Got another Tate fight... that she has to win. Lauzon is a beast. I love watching him fight. Lawlor. Saunders. Wineland/Caraway should be good. Khabilav is pretty smart but Castillo has that power. Duke fight should be good. And even Cummins down there. That should be a decent BJJ fight.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:19 PM
General Pimpin'

I lied. I just checked out the McGregor card. Not bad.

Lawler/Mac should be a good fight. Lawler won't let Mac draw it out.
Stevens is always a possible KO... and violent quick ones at that. He's gonna want this one bad. If he can dump a number 8 quick it'll set him up to have a good second half of the year.
Nelson needs to dominate to get himself back in to top 10 contention.
I'm stoked to see Swick back. He took some time off after Brown beat him.Dropped 3 out of 4 there so hopefully the time did him well. If he can dominate this fight he could climb pretty fast with 1 or 2 more wins. My guess would be that if Nelson wins those 2 fight each other next to see who earns their way in to the top 10 and a shot at someone like Ellenberger or Maia. Either way. I hope he wins.
Brown against Means has fight of the night written all over it.
Not sure if you've ever watched the Pink Panther fight but I have a feeling he finishes that fight inside of 2 minutes.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:56 PM

Cain needs to train harder. He should know that 2 weeks at altitude is not enough after the long layoff he had with injuries. He got tagged multiple multiple times with jabs, knees, and whatever else you can think of by Verdum. Dude needs to move his head and torso more. All he did was move his head and nothing else, side to side. Was basically a punching bag for Verdum. I was surprised he didn't get knocked out.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51

Last edited by Choku Dori; 06-13-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:57 AM
General Pimpin'

Man I should have bet on that RR/Holmes fight. People are calling it one of the biggest upsets in history. B.S. I called that ****.

RR has always had a weakness in her stand up. Even Tate stuck her pretty good at once point and wobbled her. She's just been quick enough to get to everyone. I knew HH had the stand up to make it happen... especially if RR decided to stand with her which I figured she would.

Stupid.

Only questions now are this....

Does RR fight Cyborg as Cyborgs first fight in the UFC before she gets her shot at the belt? HH can carry the weight to fight Cyborg and the 2 of them would be an exciting fight as they both stand and bang. I honestly think the UFC wanted this.

That weight class was getting boring and RR was considering quitting. Now she's gonna be pissed and they have another year of RR drama to sell tickets with... the come back trail.

So the question is.... does Tate get her mouth shut again? Do they give RR an immediate rematch?

Match ups make fights and HH is the wrong match up for RR. Just like Cyborg would have been... though I think she beats cyborg.

I think this will refocus RR as she hasn't been focused... especially on this fight because everyone was telling her she'd stomp on HH.

Stupid.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:10 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I called that **** the first time I saw Holm fight. Even though her first UFC fight went to decision, she impressed me. Clearly well rounded and could stand and go the distance. This day was coming; if it wasn't Holly, it would just have been a matter of time before someone did it.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
RR needs a new coach/team whoever signed off on that game plan has no business coaching her. I mean lets charge in against a taller more talented and experienced boxer. What could go wrong?
Old 11-16-2015, 02:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ruehl
RR needs a new coach/team whoever signed off on that game plan has no business coaching her. I mean lets charge in against a taller more talented and experienced boxer. What could go wrong?
Exactly. I had a feeling that is the way it was going to go down because RR was pumped up with way too much confidence from everyone around her.

She should have held back... countered and tried to get her off balance. Take it too the ground. Finish it there.

This would be like Gracie standing with Liddell. Stupid.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Yea that was a terrible game plan. Ronda looked like a fool doing that, and got caught up.

I still think she's an amazing fighter and a real beast. Deff needed a better game plan for that fight tho.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UFC Thread