UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 06:59 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Anthony Rumble Johnson wow... This is the guy that will probably dethrone Bones
Old 01-25-2015, 09:37 AM

^ I doubt it. Johnson likes to go all out in the first round or two. If Jones survives that, Johnson would be easy pickens in the later rounds. Of course, anything can happen, but I think it'll be an easy win for Jones.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 16' R, 14' WRX, 04' MSM
Seeing Jones get laid the **** out with Rumble swarming him would be pretty sweet though. Everyone said the same thing about rumble vs gus, and while he may have just got caught, nobody has ever done that to gus before.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
^ I doubt it. Johnson likes to go all out in the first round or two. If Jones survives that, Johnson would be easy pickens in the later rounds. Of course, anything can happen, but I think it'll be an easy win for Jones.
I don't. I predicted it a long time ago. He's been a beast since he stepped foot in the ring. His last few fights he's been absolutely dominant. He has zero fear of JBJ. His cardio is fine. He's not going to tire any faster than JBJ... if anything JBJ will tire more if he gets leaned on. Rumble is a stronger man.

The only real issues he's had have been BJJ related and I don't see this fight going to this. It's going to be all about stand up, wrestling and ground and pound.

JBJ hasn't been put out yet... he gets put out it could completely change his career.

I was hoping Gus would win. I'm a fan of his. I think in a long fight he wins. But hey man... everyone gets caught every now and again... and with Rumble it usually means you're going down. Dude's got heavy hands and feet.

If Jones is smart he'll sharpen his JJ and his clinch game. Stay close. Throw knees. Get it to the ground and get his back. Rumble's back is his weak spot.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joe944
Seeing Jones get laid the **** out with Rumble swarming him would be pretty sweet though. Everyone said the same thing about rumble vs gus, and while he may have just got caught, nobody has ever done that to gus before.
Yup. Longer fight and Gus probably wins. But you get caught... you get caught. I think Gus will be back.

He'll probably still get a shot at JBJ... but not for the belt.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:15 PM

Nah, still don't think Johnson can beat him. Anything can happen and he might get lucky and land a solid punch for a KO, but it'll be hard to get past Jone's reach.

Glover Texiera was a really good boxer, all hyped up as the next big thing, and he got demolished in the stand up. Cormier was supposed to be Jones' biggest threat; he tried to blitz Jones for the first couple rounds, then gassed out. Still didn't work.

It'd be too easy for Jones to take down Johnson and beat him that way. He likes to beat opponents at their game, and he'll probably strike with Johnson most of the time just to prove he's better. As much as I dislike Jones, I just don't see him losing to Johnson, unless he gets a lucky punch in.

Interested in seeing who will show up for the Anderson Silva/Nick Diaz fight. The Diaz brothers have been complaining forever about how they're underpaid, so they may just show up and lose just to get paid. Anderson Silva, don't know where his head is at, whether or not he still wants to fight anymore.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 01-26-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Cormier was never a threat to JBJ. That was a brilliant piece of marketing by the UFC to help us forget that he was ducking Gus. He's a short, overweight wrestler. Exactly the kind of guy that JBJ loves to fight.

Glover is a good boxer but that's about it and he's got no reach.

Glover: 76 inch reach on a good day.
Cormier: 72 inch reach on a great day.

Jon Bones Jones: 84.5 inch reach... I'd even say that's slightly underrated.

Gus gave him trouble with a 79 inch reach and accurate punching.

Rumble's reach is 78 but I personally think he fights a bit longer than than.... and he's got a lot more power than Gus.

As for wrestling... they both have similar wrestling background. This fight won't be about wrestling.

Rumble... 85% take down defense and he's fought some quality wrestlers.
JBJ... 95% take down defense.

JBJ has a more diverse striking game... by far. Slightly better take down defense. But Rumble has a punchers chance... and a lot more than a lucky one. I think he surprises some folks and not only knocks JBJ out... but straight legs him.

As for Diaz... I hope Diaz shows up for this fight. He and his brother got to hung up in politics and BS. Forgot to progress their fight game. I hope he shows up and I hope he stops Anderson... but not with a knock out... with a submission. But it'll be tough. Silva wants to go out with wins.... he will be looking to finish Diaz.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:31 AM

Nick is probably taking this fight seriously cuz I haven't heard much trash talk
Old 01-31-2015, 09:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Interesting.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:50 PM

Fairly boring fight between Silva and Diaz, aside from the entertaining first round antics by Diaz. Was basically just a moving punching bag that Silva occasionally hit throughout the fight. I get that Silva's a counter-striker, but Diaz should've been finished in that fight had Silva been serious with looking for a KO in the early rounds.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
My favorite moment of Nick's antics in the 1st...

https://vine.co/v/OtIgPtvpxvW
Old 02-01-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Fairly boring fight between Silva and Diaz, aside from the entertaining first round antics by Diaz. Was basically just a moving punching bag that Silva occasionally hit throughout the fight. I get that Silva's a counter-striker, but Diaz should've been finished in that fight had Silva been serious with looking for a KO in the early rounds.
Diaz is really hard to put away. All of Silva's devastating KO's came from opponents who engaged him.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Deniz1980
Diaz is really hard to put away. All of Silva's devastating KO's came from opponents who engaged him.
Silva had him up against the cage several times, and didn't go for it. That's where he's the most dangerous. Yet he always backed away or let Diaz circle away when he could've easily continued an onslaught of knees and fists. Simply didn't have that killer instinct that he's so well known for.

Diaz got his paycheck. A nice $500k for the fight. Yet Dana's not happy because it looked like Diaz was trying to stroll through the fight instead of trying to win. He barely did any damage to Silva, aside from the occasional kicks to the thigh.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:48 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Most boring fight I've seen in a long time, followed by 5 minutes of Silva crying. Diaz lost, period though. All he did was showboat, and for all the antagonizing, he did less than Silva.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Anderson Silva tests positive for anabolic steroid metabolites in Jan. 9 drug test - MMA Fighting
Anderson Silva tests positive for anabolic steroid metabolites in Jan. 9 drug test

Quick Reply: UFC Thread