UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:14 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Originally Posted by brucelee
Anyone have a clip of the Barry CroCop fight?
http://www.mmatko.com/patrick-barry-...video-ufc-115/
Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by rau
dont get me wrong, I love CroCop as a fighter and respect all of his accomplishments. But just like I told Brucelee on his FB, if he had stayed way from his left leg and kept him on his back, Barry would have had a win
hmm? Crocop barely hit him with many kicks, probably only 2 kicks to the midsection, one axe kick, and that was it. Both were somewhat blocked as well.

If you watch the fight, Barry was being way too nice to Crocop. Pat dropped Crocop twice (even dislocated Crocop's jaw) in the first round and let him up both times, instead of pouncing on him. They must've high fived each other like 10 times during the whole fight, and even hugged each other twice, DURING the fight. Almost looked like a sparring session between good friends than a pure fight between competitors.

I said earlier the reason Barry lost was because he was being too nice. He could've beaten Crocop during the fight, but he saw Crocop as a friend instead and wasn't as aggressive as he should've been.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:11 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
hmm? Crocop barely hit him with many kicks, probably only 2 kicks to the midsection, one axe kick, and that was it. Both were somewhat blocked as well.

If you watch the fight, Barry was being way too nice to Crocop. Pat dropped Crocop twice (even dislocated Crocop's jaw) in the first round and let him up both times, instead of pouncing on him. They must've high fived each other like 10 times during the whole fight, and even hugged each other twice, DURING the fight. Almost looked like a sparring session between good friends than a pure fight between competitors.

I said earlier the reason Barry lost was because he was being too nice. He could've beaten Crocop during the fight, but he saw Crocop as a friend instead and wasn't as aggressive as he should've been.
didnt watch the fight so I dunno, I was speaking out of speculation, and stating what should have happened
Old 06-16-2010, 12:31 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth

You speak too soon - Barry broke his hand at the second knockdown. Source: guy I used to train with who's good friends with Barry from college.

Yes he was still being too nice, but there's other factors at play.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Lesnar vs Carwin:

Exciting fight. I knew that if Lesnar could weather the storm in the 1st round he would win. Didn't think he'd submit Carwin though.

1st round Carwin landed some bombs on Lesnar, ground and pounded him, Lesnar was in big trouble. Ref was close to calling it a couple times but didn't. Lesnar was still defending, Carwin looked like he tired himself out. Lesnar saved by the bell.

2nd round Lesnar shoots and takes Carwin down, gets on top of him and lands an arm triangle for a submission win.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 2005 aspen white wrx 2011 lr sti hatch
i thought lesner was done for
i really dont think anyone can beat him.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
That was a crazy fight.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Lesnar vs Carwin:

Exciting fight. I knew that if Lesnar could weather the storm in the 1st round he would win. Didn't think he'd submit Carwin though.

1st round Carwin landed some bombs on Lesnar, ground and pounded him, Lesnar was in big trouble. Ref was close to calling it a couple times but didn't. Lesnar was still defending, Carwin looked like he tired himself out. Lesnar saved by the bell.

2nd round Lesnar shoots and takes Carwin down, gets on top of him and lands an arm triangle for a submission win.

WOW! I really wanted Lesner to lose... He's full of himself and thinks he's the shiz... No matter how great you are, it's always good to be humble, like Fedor for example... He never talks smack, is very polite and respectful which is what people love to see in a fighter. F' all those crap talking tuff guys!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I guarantee you much of that evil lesner stuff is a show. Dana is no dummy and neither is lesner.

Carwin has a good shot at a rematch and winning it. I personally like them both. Nice to see real heavyweights for a change.

I want to see the leben fight. Sounded fun.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Only 1 fight I wanted to see from 116...Lesnar vs Carwin and DAMN carwin very much dissapointed me! How the hell do you go from beating the crap out of someone 1 round then pull a 180 the next and get your *** handed to you?? Horribly dissapointing. Fedor needs to put lesnar in his place but lord knows dana probably won't let that happen yet otherwise fedor would have fought a long time ago in the ufc.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:55 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Carwin has never been fought outside the first round. he has **** for cardio
Old 07-04-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
No matter how great you are, it's always good to be humble
funny u should say that, because when Joe Rogan interviewed him after the fight, Lesnar said almost the exact same thing lol
Old 07-04-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I guarantee you much of that evil lesner stuff is a show. Dana is no dummy and neither is lesner.

Part of that comes from him being a heel in the WWE. Makes the drama that much more exciting

-----------

Btw I heard Fedor lost to somebody recently. And it was in San Jose.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:54 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
As much as I bite into Lesnar's heel character & thus dispise him; I respect the frack outta him for taking that beatdown Carwin gave him & winning the match. When they were standing for the bell at the second round, I looked at Lesnar smiling and went "uh-oh, he aint done, this is going to the ground"...then BOOM. Lesnar shoots and gets the punched out Carwin on the ground. The rest was classic ground game, Lesnars finish was perfect positioning. We may be looking at an Anderson Silva esque title run.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by rau
Carwin has never been fought outside the first round. he has **** for cardio
hahaha yeaaah that was pretty obvious the 2nd round.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread