UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
the ref is a ****ing retard. stood them up right when stann was attempting to get setup for a submission from guard. wow just wow. good show for chael though but **** his ego and wwe mentality.
lol dont tell me Stann was gonna win.......he didnt do anything...one punch its all...Sonnen FTMFW
Old 10-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
I love Sonnen.. Just cause he is ignorant and backed it up vs Silva no matter what other say... Sonnet will grInd out Stann no problem ..Stann isn't anything crazy YET.. mainly a striker and even then it's not great.. Only guys to EVER give Sonnen problems were BJJ guys ..(Maia, Silva, Forrest Griffin).. Stann is not know for Bjj.. He strikes ..so does silva and he got controlled in the ground, his bjj saved him.. Now Stann has no bjj game, why's gonna help him on the ground vs a high profile wrestler like Sonnen?

word....
Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 PM

I'm starting to really hate Edgar
Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
I am more disappointed with maynard than anything. He didn't go in for the kill and it bit him in the ***. Also, sitting back and letting Frankie recover the entire 2nd round was a mistake, and the result shows it. Anyway, good **** to Frankie for pulling through and goin in for the kill like Maynard should have. Still wish Maynard would have taken that belt.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:47 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm starting to really hate Edgar
Been there done that.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Sonnen is playing the game perfectly. One of the things the UFC is lacking sometimes is a storyline. Adding *some* drama and showbiz to the brand isn't necessarily bad.

Yeah it sounds lame, but it sells PPV's and gets asses in seats, there has to be a good guy and a bad guy, especially now that UFC will be on FOX a few times a year. What better way to get the mouth breathers in the flyover states to tune in but to establish a slam dunk storyline of an unbeaten champ, and a revenge riven challenger.
N00b UFC viewers may not understand the technical nuances of BJJ Vs. American Wrestling, or Muy Thai vs. American Kickboxing, but they do understand trash talking and archetypes.
Dana is too smart a businessman not to put up Silva Vs. Sonnen 2 on FOX, especially if Edgar Vs. Maynard 3 was a big PPV draw. Expect Silva to ask for $,$$$,$$$$ to take the rematch against Sonnen.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:09 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
lol dont tell me Stann was gonna win.......he didnt do anything...one punch its all...Sonnen FTMFW
well ofcourse it was a classic wrestler against a standup guy w/ little takedown defense. i just got mad because there were so many instances where the fight could've been stood up and the ref decided that very moment when chael was finally in stanns guard.

im not a fan of wrestlers. i was happy to see chael active in the gnp instead of lnp like most wrestlers.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by STiForFun
Dana is too smart a businessman not to put up Silva Vs. Sonnen 2 on FOX, especially if Edgar Vs. Maynard 3 was a big PPV draw. Expect Silva to ask for $,$$$,$$$$ to take the rematch against Sonnen.
There's no way Dana's gonna put Silva vs Sonnen on Fox for free. I just don't see him losing all those PPV sales to put one of the biggest matches on Fox just for a bigger audience. Dana's already said he wants to fast track the rematch asap because of demand, and was willing to skip them becoming coaches on TUF just because of that.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 PM

I'd take Chael seriOus if I were Silva.. Chael looked great... Not to say silva hasnt looked his best as of lately too.. So a good fight for sures!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM

From Espn:

Chad Dundas
Assuming the English translation we’ve been given is accurate, it was admittedly a bit jarring to see reports of Anderson Silva’s longtime manager, Ed Soares, casually telling a Brazilian media outlet the middleweight champion “only has around four fights left in his career.”

Yet before we all start weeping over the swan song of the world’s top pound-for-pound fighter, it’s important to keep some perspective on exactly what Soares means when he says “four more fights.”

Given that he’s only fought twice each year dating back to 2009, Soares is essentially telling us that Silva plans to carry on through at least 2013, at which point he’ll be pushing 39 and will have a career spanning more than a decade and a half. Put in those terms, it not only seems impossible to expect Silva to soldier on longer, but it would stand as yet another remarkable achievement for him to even make it that far.

Nonetheless, knowing that the Silva camp is already thinking seriously enough about retirement to start throwing around numbers makes every future UFC appearance seem precious. Too precious, frankly, to have them spent fighting the remaining, lesser challengers in the middleweight division.

If Silva only has four fights left, we all know what they should be, in this order: Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson, Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones.

Such a lineup of potential superfights is epic enough to make it sound improbable, but anything less would be a disappointment, wouldn’t it? If Silva managed to close out his already legendary career by rolling undefeated through arguably the four biggest challenges of them all, there could be little debate left about his status as the GOAT.

Silva has so dramatically changed the UFC landscape while amassing 14 consecutive wins during five-plus years in the Octagon that it’s difficult to conceive of a 185-pound division without him. But if that time fast approaches, we should at least let him close out his run in a way befitting the most dominant force the UFC has ever known.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
It'd be smart of Silva to do that and go out on top. So many great fighters stayed on past their "best-by dates" and ended their career with a buncha n00b MMA fans crapping all over them because they never saw them/forgot about them in their primes. Fedor, Mark Coleman, Mirko CroCop, Sato Rumina, Sakurai Hayato, Sakuraba Kazushi (I seriously fear for his life sometimes), the list goes on.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
It'd be smart of Silva to do that and go out on top. So many great fighters stayed on past their "best-by dates" and ended their career with a buncha n00b MMA fans crapping all over them because they never saw them/forgot about them in their primes. Fedor, Mark Coleman, Mirko CroCop, Sato Rumina, Sakurai Hayato, Sakuraba Kazushi (I seriously fear for his life sometimes), the list goes on.
Chuck. Kirk.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Chuck. Kirk.
Chuck as in Chuck Liddell?
Kirk as in
Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Chuck as in Chuck Liddell?
Kirk as in
Sorry was referring the Rich Franklin Chuck Liddell fight.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 AM

GSP is out of next week's PPV due to a knee injury. Josh Koscheck asked to step in for GSP against Condit, but Condit declined.

Some interesting news on the Sonnen ultimatum lol

From ESPN UK:
Chael Sonnen has closed the book on his loser-leaves-town offer to Anderson Silva, claiming the UFC middleweight champion has not accepted the challenge.

Sonnen stood in the centre of the Octagon at UFC 136 and called out Silva to a title rematch. The American even promised to leave the UFC if the champion could repeat his victory at UFC 117.

Back then Sonnen gave Silva a wrestling lesson for four rounds before falling to a desperate late submission, and he is confident he would complete the job second time around. Saturday saw the Team Quest man give Silva a 24-hour deadline to accept his challenge, but now the proposal - according to Sonnen - is off the table.

"That offer was good when I made it, but it's like any offer, they've got to expire," Sonnen told Jim Rome's radio show. "Apparently, that didn't work.

"I'm doing anything I can to lure him out, and yes, I would have absolutely done that (left the UFC). I'd have done a winner-takes-all, I'd have done any stipulation he wanted.

"All he needed to do was stand up and give me a thumbs up. [If] he wanted to accept that offer, all he needed to do was nod to me, or have one of his handlers come into the back and say 'Anderson accepts.'

"He did the exact opposite. He went to the media and said 'I do not want to fight that guy.' So what can I do? Now I have to come up with a new offer.

"I'll slap Anderson the next time I see him."

Last edited by TurnWRX; 10-19-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread