UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 03:50 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
206 is gonna be a great card, if every fighter makes weight.. Swanson vs dooho choi is gonna be the fight i'm most excited about, following cowboy and kennedy.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:50 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
206 is gonna be a great card, if every fighter makes weight.. Swanson vs dooho choi is gonna be the fight i'm most excited about, following cowboy and kennedy.
The Holloway fight wasn't as good as I had hoped. Both good fighters. You could tell Pettis busted his hand and wasn't wanting to throw punches. It really hurt his game.

Tim got ****ed. That fight pissed me off.

The Cerrone fight was killer. And I always like watch Cub. Glad he won.

Anyone that paid for 207 is a fool. I knew that isht was gonna suck. I will say this though... those late punches were dirty and intentional. The ref should get suspended and they should call it a no-contest. They're doing a rematch anyways.... are rematch that will need another fight with it to get any draw.

Cerrone's last fight... he should not have taken that fight. Soon as I saw it I told my buddy... he's gonna loose this damned fight. He needs to stop fighting guys way under him in the rankings. He just blew any chance at a title fight. He's gonna be a gate keeper for the next 2 years unless he lucks his way into a big fight and wins. Pissed me off. The dude needs to realize that quality fights are better than lots of fights. UFC is using the **** out of him. He's screwed now.

209... That fight I'd like to watch. I really hope Woodley gets stopped. Dude complains too damned much. You can't get a belt and before ever defending it start calling out retired, unranked and super low ranked fighters to avoid the best guys in the division. Dude... people don't dislike you because you're black... they just don't like you.

I didn't like Nurmagomedov to begin with but after threatening to break Furg's arm... I hope Furg knocks him out. I wanted that anyways but now I really want it.

Evans... we'll see if he's still got anything in the tank. Last win was in 2013.

Overeem and Hunt. I honestly hope Overeem knocks Hunt out... and I can't freakin stand Overeem. I used to be a Hunt fan but after all that crap after fighting Lesnar I have no desire to watch him fight. Dude... you took the fight. You knew who you were fighting. You just thought you'd walk in and knock him out but you got handled by a better athlete... on dope or not. Not only that... it was the biggest pay day of his career... by a lot. More than 3 of any of his other fights combined. If Overeem stops him he needs to do whatever he can to get the hell out and go fight at Bellator. If he wins and doesn't get an immediate title shot he's gonna ***** so much.

Should be a good card any way you look at it. I think they'll be more stops than decisions. Couple really good JJ guys on the card too.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Call me a fool cuz I bought 207. One of my godsons was on leave and he's as into MMA as me, so we ordered it. Like others, I saw only 2 outcomes to the main event, either of which would be inside of 2 rounds. Amanda overwhelming with her striking as to keep Ronda from clinching to get the takedown and winning by TKO/KO. Or Ronda somehow wading thru the Nunez's barrage quickly enough to secure a throw to get the fight on the ground to finish with her signature submission. and we all know which one transpired.

And which fight had the dirty & intentional late blows? There have been way too many cards/fights for me to remember. Hell! I can't even keep up. After yesterday's card, I'm now 3 behind. The DVR still has me waiting to watch fights from the Super Bowl wknd card and later. I just watched the card with the Cerrone-Masvidal fight the other day.

Unlike you, Ray, I was stunned that Cowboy got handled. But I agree on all your points. He screwed himself over. He was so close to a title shot. Back to gatekeeper status like he became at LW.

I gotta get caught up cuz that 209 card does look like a fun one. I need to stay outta this thread till I'm up to speed on all the bouts I missed over the past few weeks. I don't want spoilers.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Ronda's couch needs to get shut down. He destroyed a champ and a future champ. Look at Travis. The dude looks like complete ***. Both he and RR do the same thing. They wade in with their hands at their side like the hulk. It's absolutely insane. That crap hasn't worked in 10 years.

They both need to jump ship to a real camp and I honestly believe both can become worth watching again.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Couldn't agree with you more about Edmond. RR's "striking" is atrocious. Exhibit No. 1...

WTF is that?!?!?!

I get that you should be confident in your fighter, but it helps her none to blow so much smoke up her @$$ trying convince her that she's got solid hands.

Especially over the past year, both RR's mom & Joe Rogan have noted how Edmond screwed Ronda up. I have no idea who she should train with. If she stays in Cali, maybe Alliance or AKA? I'd like to see what AKA might be able to do to help her develop a striking game/defense/movement that best suits her elite judo skills.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
General Pimpin'

She'll never be an elite striker. She needs someone to help her be efficient and use it to set up what she is good at. I'd go work with the folks in SJ.

Or retire and have babies. If she was smart with her money she'll have enough to set her up to figure out what to do with the rest of her life. And there will always be more tv specials, magazines, etc to toss a couple hundred grand in here and there.

You see this? http://www.mmamania.com/2017/2/23/14...ick-diaz-event

He's right. The UFC is going to bury itself. This new company is stupid as hell so far.

They need to throw money at both Diaz brothers to get them on the same card fighting the right people.

Put big brother against GSP or toss him in with Bisping and **** everyone off. LOL! And put little brother back up against McGregor or see if he'd be willing to move up and say... fight Condit. Dudes thinking about retiring and it would be a brutal fight until it ended. Or drum up some drama and have the Diaz brother fight each other at a catch weight of say... 163. LOL!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:10 AM
VIP Member

I haven't been reading much on MMA lately since I still need to get caught up on my DVR. I'm only 1 card behind, as I watched 2 cards throughout the past week. But I did check out the article you posted & did well with my peripheral vision as to not see other headlines.

And yeah, I agree too. The UFC missed out putting on together a HUGE card. I used to not like the Diaz bros very much, but then I came around. I always knew they were great fighters. And then I came to see that, unlike almost everyone else in the world, the walk the walk. They keeps it real. Any sort of disrespect toward them is answered. Whether they feel slighted when it comes to actual fist o' cuffs or when getting paid, they do bend over.

So good for them in making sure they get what's due to them. Just sucks that we the fans miss out on some great matchups. All fighters really need to get their shizz together already and form a union.

Oh, and me likey ALL your ideas on their next fights!
Old 03-06-2017, 09:50 AM
General Pimpin'

Man I called the Khabib deal a month ago on one of the MMA groups on facebook. Pretty much to the minute. I said he'd find a way out around weigh ins. LOL!

That dude is a joke. I do not take him as seriously as other folks seem to. Ferg was gonna knock him out anyways.

It's not that hard to put together undefeated records when managed correctly. He's beaten a couple decent fighters but nothing more impressive than ferg and less impressive than Diaz. So I'm not sure why the UFC keeps pumping him up. He just dips out on fights. He cost Ferg a buttload of cash. 4 months of his career. A chance to set himself up for the next title shot. Etc.

Stuff like that pisses me off. To me... when you sign the contract to get a fight you should get paid out... like x amount of dollars at signing. X amount if you meet all your media requirement. X amount if you meet weight. X amount at the fight. X amount to win. Checks are not cut until the fight and ppv numbers are run.

Break it all out. So if you sign and don't make it to the fight the other fighter at least still gets that portion of the pay... and they get that portion of your pay.

Call it $10k for the average fighter... At least Ferg would have made $20k and been able to pay his camp and pay for his food and ****.

It's really not that hard to figure out. This is why they need a union.

Now... Hunt. I saw that coming a mile away. The dude is not that good. He's got heavy heavy striking. Kicks. Elbows. Punches. But he is slow. To me he's a gate keeper at heavy. He'll never get a title shot and if he does he'll get beat. Every time.

His career in the UFC is pretty much over except for card filling fights. The UFC isn't going to want to pay him huge cash and he's going to expect it.

He was FOS about the leg break from my understanding.

What's he gonna complain about now?

Dude needs to beg Dana to get out of his contract so he can go fight Bellator.

He's ranked 8 and dropping quick. Lewis beats him. Arlovski probably beats him. Stip. Verdum. Cain. JDC. Francis he maybe gets lucky. Same with Big Ben but I think most of the time he loses those fights too. T. Browne... he can't beat him right now. But if he changes camps and gets back to the kind of fighter he should be he beats him.

That's probably the only fight that makes sense for him right now.

If T.Browne knocks him out or wins at all Hunt's days in the UFC are numbered. If Hunt knocks out T.Browne then he's probably done for a while.