http://www.theweek.co.uk/jeremy-clar...r-new-top-gear

Old 07-31-2015, 08:15 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
People don't even pay the 2$ for drive on youtube. This is gonna fail
Old 07-31-2015, 08:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
First thing drive sucks compared to top gear

second Prime is only $100 a year and I get way more out of it then my Netflix account which costs me $110 a year I know 10 bucks, but I'm also getting 2 day shipping, Unlimited Photo Storage, and music on top of my instant Video

Third look how many people started watching Netflix after they started making shows
Old 07-31-2015, 09:03 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I'm sure there are some people at Amazon looking at this and just getting depressed.

I wonder if they will offer segmented plans.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:04 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
I honestly forgot about prime. I've been using it so much for years that 2 day shipping feels normal. If it's available for prime nvm what I said
Old 07-31-2015, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
People don't even pay the 2$ for drive on youtube. This is gonna fail
Yeah, but Drive doesn't come with free 2-day shipping and a ton of other great features.

Originally Posted by tecnica tech

second Prime is only $100 a year and I get way more out of it then my Netflix account which costs me $110 a year I know 10 bucks, but I'm also getting 2 day shipping, Unlimited Photo Storage, and music on top of my instant Video

Third look how many people started watching Netflix after they started making shows
This this and more this.

-Brian
Old 07-31-2015, 10:43 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
people don't even pay the 2$ for drive on youtube. This is gonna fail
Yep

You have all of UK getting BBC for free (For those who don't know BBC there is like ABC here), so yeah, to have to pay that much for an amazon prime account is going to sting.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:48 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by tecnica tech

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I'm sure there are some people at Amazon looking at this and just getting depressed.

I wonder if they will offer segmented plans.
I honestly forgot about prime. I've been using it so much for years that 2 day shipping feels normal. If it's available for prime nvm what I said
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Yeah, but Drive doesn't come with free 2-day shipping and a ton of other great features.

This this and more this.

-Brian
Prime is a common place in the US, but not in the UK or Europe. They aren't used to being Prime members, it could mean something completely different there.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Prime is a common place in the US, but not in the UK or Europe. They aren't used to being Prime members, it could mean something completely different there.
So you mean I won't have to torrent TG anymore and will actually be able to watch it on my TV the moment it comes out? Well, talk about the tables being flipped on their UK/Euro viewers. Would they be *****ing if it was on Netflix? I think this is a huge win for Amazon as it will get a lot of people to take on a Prime account.

-Brian
Old 07-31-2015, 03:45 PM
Old School

So you mean I won't have to torrent TG anymore and will actually be able to watch it on my TV the moment it comes out? Well, talk about the tables being flipped on their UK/Euro viewers. Would they be *****ing if it was on Netflix? I think this is a huge win for Amazon as it will get a lot of people to take on a Prime account.

-Brian

Yup!

But I think the cost of Prime is going to be a big hurdle, and I doubt Amazon, after spending big bucks to outdo Netflix and sign these guys, will really have a budget that rivals what Top Gear has on BBC.

We shall wait and see.

Oh, and I think there would be less *****ing for netflix because it seems that netflix subscriptions are far more the norm there.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:07 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Prime is probably less popular there because it has less features than it does here.

For example, in Canada, prime is only free shipping. They don't get all the digital stuff.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013...instant-video/

Prime is only available in 6 countries.

Top Gear was simulcast is 50 countries.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 07-31-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Yup!

But I think the cost of Prime is going to be a big hurdle, and I doubt Amazon, after spending big bucks to outdo Netflix and sign these guys, will really have a budget that rivals what Top Gear has on BBC.

We shall wait and see.

Oh, and I think there would be less *****ing for netflix because it seems that netflix subscriptions are far more the norm there.
I don't think these guys would have signed on to any of the online services unless they had a budget with which they were comfortable. It's a huge coup for Amazon to get these guys and I have a feeling they're going to (1) get a lot of Prime subscriptions out of this, and (2) expand Prime services to a LOT more countries/locales.

Either way, it's all conjecture at this point. Time will tell.

-Brian
Old 08-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Old School

Top Gear in jeopardy?

I don't think these guys would have signed on to any of the online services unless they had a budget with which they were comfortable. It's a huge coup for Amazon to get these guys and I have a feeling they're going to (1) get a lot of Prime subscriptions out of this, and (2) expand Prime services to a LOT more countries/locales.

Either way, it's all conjecture at this point. Time will tell.

-Brian
Nah. I think this will fail. I think the three signed because Amazon offered more, in freedom or maybe compensation. But I doubt these three really boost Prime memberships.

I could be wrong, but, I just don't see it. Netflix would have been the better platform with far more reach. But I can see Netflix being in control of it all from start to finish, including creative concepts.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:06 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

The rumor is that Amazon has no restrictions.

There were some complaints since they had done so many good bits about the BBC restrictions.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:06 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
The rumor is that Amazon has no restrictions.

There were some complaints since they had done so many good bits about the BBC restrictions.
Yup, makes sense. But still don't expect them to be able to do it big. I could be wrong though. Amazon has no issues losing money on prime shipping huge ****, so what do I know about how profitable they want to be. LOL

Quick Reply: Top Gear in jeopardy?