Tint shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 2014 WRX
Tint shop

New to the forum, but have been lurking for awhile... searched for a bit, but couldn't find a recent answer.

What is a good tint shop with reasonable prices around the South Bay to East Bay areas?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Best image did my hatch and my wife's bmw. Both look great. Call for a quote. They are pretty affordable.

Best Image
1007 south railroad ave. San mateo, ca

http://goo.gl/maps/ZgNFb

Last edited by norcalbro; 10-21-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:53 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Vince at Omega Tintwerks in Pleasanton

He did my hatch almost 5 years ago. Still looking great.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:07 AM

Car Info: 16' R, 14' WRX, 04' MSM
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Vince at Omega Tintwerks in Pleasanton

He did my hatch almost 5 years ago. Still looking great.
Got mine done here a few months back and it looks great, got a discount from the group buy on this forum, actually. Referred a friend of mine who went with me and Vince hooked him up with the same deal.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2014 WRX
Thanks for the quick responses and info guys. Will check those places out.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:33 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Canla...97713970287639

He does great work and isn't so pricey. I've had him do 5 of my cars so far. My truck had one window that had a piece missing in one window from the previous owner and they stripped and redid both front windows and it came out very clean.

Last edited by 04GG; 10-21-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:20 PM

Car Info: '11 GV WRX, '12 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, '19 Kawi Z400
Originally Posted by 04GG
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Canla...97713970287639

He does great work and isn't so pricey. I've had him do 5 of my cars so far. My truck had one window that had a piece missing in one window from the previous owner and they stripped and redid both front windows and it came out very clean.
+1 on Canlas. They've done a few of my cars and a few of my friends as well. Rommel is a great guy and has been around the car scene for a long time.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:17 PM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Best image 100% all the way for the win
Old 10-23-2014, 05:19 PM

Car Info: WRX
Vince @ Omegawerkz

Omega Werks - Pleasanton, CA | Yelp

I found him through this forum.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:24 PM

Car Info: Nadda
^Have 2 cars done, just do a search for Vince or Omega and you'll see the reviews. He's good, takes his time. Had my car done 10 years back and still looked good.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 2015 Red Subaru STI
Originally Posted by d3rock
+1 on Canlas. They've done a few of my cars and a few of my friends as well. Rommel is a great guy and has been around the car scene for a long time.
Getting my car done on Wednesday, definitely looking forward to good work..plus he's mobile. That sold it for me.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:07 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by iLoqin
^Have 2 cars done, just do a search for Vince or Omega and you'll see the reviews. He's good, takes his time. Had my car done 10 years back and still looked good.
That's what sold me on Vince. He's been doing tint for a very long time and his work is still looking great.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:43 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Rommel did my first two cars over 10 years ago too when he worked at a shop in Santa Clara and he had been doing it for years at that point already. So he's also been around for a long time. Not saying anything about Vince either, because I've seen his work on people's cars on here and it is top notch.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:09 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Here is the OP from the group buy we did earlier this year...

These are the direct responses I got to my request for a quote from the top 3 shops we were considering at the time.

Originally Posted by Gancherov
Get your ride nice and cool before the summer heat hits!

Please take the time to read through the quotes below and PM me or post up your preferred first and second choices for shops. If you will ONLY participate if a specific shop is doing the work, please state that clearly and explicitly. I may be able to get a smaller secondary group buy set up for those of you who don't want to follow the majority.

<<<group buy list>>>

Quote @ TGC in Soquel:
TGC is a family owned company that has been in business since 1975, and we pride ourselves on our quality and customer service. We only use top-quality window films from trusted manufacturers that stand by their products. I have personally been installing automotive window tint since 2006.

Our primary automotive window tint is Llumar's premium Formulaone line of window films. All Formulaone window film is backed by a nationwide, transferable, lifetime warranty. This warranty is honored not only by us, but also by any Formulaone dealer anywhere in the U.S. It's good for the life of the vehicle (not just as long as you own it) and can be transferred to additional owners should you sell your vehicle.

We carry two different Formulaone films. The first is the Classic series, a cost-effective, dye-based window tint that has a nice, non-reflective appearance and is available in a variety of shades. The other product we carry is the Pinnacle series, a high-performance ceramic-based window tint that provides a very high level of heat rejection without interfering with radio or wireless signals like some metallized tints. Pinnacle has the same neutral, non-reflective appearance as Classic.

As an ultra-high-performance option, we also carry 3M Crystalline window film. Crystalline uses a proprietary formula that rejects a very high amount of heat (similar to even high performance "limo" tints) while retaining a clear or very lightly shaded look. 3M Crystalline is backed by a non-transferable lifetime warranty.

I also noticed that a couple of people were interested in Huper Optik and Prestige SpectraPhotosync window films. I can probably also install the Huper Optik film, as we generally have some limited shade options in stock, but I would have to double check our availability on those when the work is scheduled. I may be able to special-order some of the Spectra Photosync, but again I would have to double check that since we don't keep that film in stock.

Lastly, if anyone is interested in having their windshield tinted, we carry the Llumar/Formulaone Air 80 window film. This is a ceramic window tint with a very high light transmission that looks virtually clear when installed, and it is a popular choice for "California Legal" front roll-up windows as well as windshields.

All of the vehicles you have listed would fall into our standard car pricing, with the exception of the Mazda 5. So the pricing for those is as follows:

Formulaone Classic series.
Available in 5%, 15%, 35% and 50% shades.
Rear section windows (not including front doors): $139 (add $20 for Mazda 5 or similar)
Front roll-ups: $60

Formulaone Pinnacle/Llumar Air series.
Available in 5%, 15%, 35% and 50%, and 80% (I can special order 30 and 40% if necessary).
Rear section windows: $209 (add $30 for Mazda 5)
Front roll-ups: $100

3M Crystalline Series
Available in 40%, 50%, and 70% shades.
Rear section windows: $459 (add $60 for Mazda 5)
Front roll-ups: $220

Huper Optik Ceramic series:
Availability varies, but usually available in 30%, 40%, 50%, and 60%.
Rear section windows: $319
Front roll-ups: $150

Prestige SpectraPhotosync:
Availability varies, ranges between 35% and 75%.
Rear section windows: $559
Front roll-ups: $250

Windshields with the Llumar Air 80 film can be added to any vehicle for $110

The above prices are estimates, actual pricing may vary in some cases. All above prices represent a 15% discount off list price. Prices include all applicable taxes and fees.

You can find more information about the respective window tint manufacturers at their websites:

Formulaone:
FormulaOne Automotive Window Film, Auto Tinting and Paint Protection Film
Llumar/Formulaone Air 80:
Clear Window Films | Automotive Window Films | Choose a product | LLumar Window Films -
Crystalline:
Crystalline Automotive Films - Clear automotive window film for cars, trucks - Crystalline - 3M US
Photosync:
PhotoSync? - Prestige Film Technologies
Huper Optik:
Car Window Tint and Auto Window Tinting Film
Ceramic Window Fim, Ceramic Window Films by Huper Optik USA, Heat Control Solar

All of our automotive window tint installations are performed at our facility in Soquel, California, just off Highway 1 near Santa Cruz. We have a comfortable lobby with free wifi, Netflix, and refreshments, and are within walking distance of dining, shopping, and the beach. If anyone needs Saturday appointments, I can probably arrange extra slots on for those.

Group buy participants must schedule appointments by Feb 28, 2014. There must be at least 20 participants to qualify for the group rate.

Hopefully I have covered everything! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! Also, be sure to check out our website and especially our Facebook page, where we have many examples of our automotive work. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Casey Fry

Transparent Glass Coatings
2521 S. Rodeo Gulch Rd. Ste. A
Soquel, CA 95073

831-464-8468
casey@transparentglasscoatings.com
Home: Window Tinting, Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Jose
www.facebook.com/transparentglasscoatings
Quote @ Werkshop SSF:

front or side little window/rear

- Audi, VW, Porsche $60/$100
- Japanese, Korean $40/$80
- BMW/Benz $50/$90

old tint removal on any vehicles $30/$180

GB pricing(min 10% off, top out 30% off):
1-10 ppl 10% off retail
11-20 ppl 15% off retail
21-30 ppl 20% off retail
30 and up 30% off retail

same discount applies to tint removal, but please post it up and explain to customers that when removing old tint, there is NO guarantee the rear defogger may get damage, there is many different reason to that, like quality of the old tint, how strong it was, the way the old tint applied. We will try our best to remove them without damage anything, we have steamer and the best solution on the market to take old tints off, but again, NO guarantee on that!

We are using 3M FX premium and Suntek carbon series, we have both in 5%, 20%, 35% and 55%!
Quote @ Omega (Vince):
It looks like a complicated Group Buy list you got there. If it was the same car, same brand X film, and with X amount of windows, it would be a lot easier "Group Buy". If you guys just want to GB on window films only that would be a whole lot easier LOL.

Top of the line Ceramic Film - Llumar CTX - 15%, 30%, 40%, 50%
GB average 4drs Sedan •Rear 5 $280 •Driver/Pass 2 $100
Average 2drs coupe/hatch •Rear 3 $240 •Driver-Pass 2 $100
These prices are 20% OFF of our price sheet.

These are just rough estimates. Some door panels and rear third brake light deck lid may have to be remove for clean install. Extra hard cars and cars with +|- windows will be price accordingly. GB will be limited to a 2 week window.

Last edited by Gancherov; 10-27-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru WRX
+1 for Rommel at Canlas. Awesome job, awesome price. You can roll up any given day and see 3-4 Subies in front of his place waiting on tints.

Great guy too!

Quick Reply: Tint shop