Tech nerds... PS4...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Tech nerds... PS4...

So what are your feelings on the PS4. I have a PS3 and I'm very happy with.

But I'm thinking a PS4 might be a sweet idea and I'll just leave the PS3 up at the cabin.

This is what is making me think I'll get it sooner than I thought... I was gonna wait a year...
Yahoo!

If I'm reading this right I can have my PS4 out on my main TV. Then for example have MW3 or whatever the hell I'm playing steam to another TV.

This is why I ask for the tech nerd help. I'm tech stupid.

I had my PS3 hooked up to my big tv and I was getting murdered in game play so I moved it back to the small tv. But now if I want to watch a 3d movie or any movie for that matter as my blue ray player crapped out last night... I have to move my PS3. With this box I wouldn't need to do that. I could just leave it in the living room and play on another TV in the family room.

Is that right?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:40 PM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
to my understanding yes but I could be wrong and if this is true I think I might be purchasing one of these psvita tv thingys along with my ps4 purchase.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:03 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
My 2nd PS3, my original 60G model that was bought when they first came out for the ridiculous original price, was stolen when the house was robbed. I still have my Slim, but I will be buying a PS4 as soon as it comes out because insurance is paying for most of it.

I only have one TV in each location too, so I am not familiar with the multi display streaming device and I probably won't need it. Based on what it says though, that sounds like you've got it right. It is a dish hopper...

Last edited by 04GG; 09-09-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
I would only be worried about this increasing lag even more if youre playing online.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Sounds like you need a chromecast for TV and movies, cheaper solution than a ps4. That is, unless you want a PS4, then just go for it.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I put an HDMI splitter on my xbox 360 slim.

I can play in the front room on the big TV, or in our master bedroom if the wife has friends over and I dont want to be a part of it
Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
I put an HDMI splitter on my xbox 360 slim.

I can play in the front room on the big TV, or in our master bedroom if the wife has friends over and I dont want to be a part of it
Does that mean you are running HDMI cable up into the attic/crawl space into your bedroom?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Churro Aficionado

Nope. Cut a hole in the sheetrock and put in the wall plates with the keystones.

So I've got an HDMI keystone and a Ethernet one. The either net runs up thru the walls and into the attic into my IT closet with the modem/router haha.

The HDMI one is a female plug where I used a 1.5 ft HDMI cable inside the wall to connect the wall plates from front room to master bedroom.

You and Ray should head up one weekend haha.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Nope. Cut a hole in the sheetrock and put in the wall plates with the keystones.

So I've got an HDMI keystone and a Ethernet one. The either net runs up thru the walls and into the attic into my IT closet with the modem/router haha.

The HDMI one is a female plug where I used a 1.5 ft HDMI cable inside the wall to connect the wall plates from front room to master bedroom.

Oh sweet I've seen those. Thought about them. But I don't really want to crawl around in my crawl space/attic. Besides the fact that I have vaulted ceilings which would make it difficult, it'd be really claustrophic and I know what was living up there when I moved in.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
Too lazy to read previous posts, but the ps4 feature about streaming is for youtube or something, not to another tv
Old 09-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Oh sweet I've seen those. Thought about them. But I don't really want to crawl around in my crawl space/attic. Besides the fact that I have vaulted ceilings which would make it difficult, it'd be really claustrophic and I know what was living up there when I moved in.
You only have to do it right once

I bought everything off monoprice.com super cheap.

Im actually going to buy a lot more and replace the face plates with ones that hold more keystones. Plans are coming once I get a new job haha.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by ScoobyScouse84
Too lazy to read previous posts, but the ps4 feature about streaming is for youtube or something, not to another tv
That's exactly what the new device is designed for.

The system connects directly to your TV. Gamers will be able to access digital content from the PlayStation Network, play PlayStation Vita and PSP games, or stream games from a PS4 that is elsewhere the household -- a particularly handy feature for families fighting over a shared TV. The Vita TV will also stream Netflix, movies and TV shows.

Last edited by 04GG; 09-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
Originally Posted by 04GG

That's exactly what the new device is designed for.
Ohh man, that sounds sweet, but what about lag?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM
General Pimpin'

We might have to do that. It sounds like something I could and should pull off in my house. It's kind of what i wanted the installer to do in the first place but he was lazy.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ScoobyScouse84
Should probably read the previous posts.

I'm talking about the built in streaming. It's a separate device.

Quick Reply: Tech nerds... PS4...