Stolen td04hl turbo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 05 OBP WRX
Stolen td04hl turbo!!!

Hey guys, I just had a JDM TD04HL turbo shipped to my house in Campbell (next to San Jose) yesterday after being rebuilt... and it was stolen off of my porch.

Some details about it: black ceramic coat on turbine housing, light PnP, billet compressor wheel, cleaned up a bit.

I HIGHLY doubt there are any other TD04HL's in this area that look like this one and would happen to pop up on the market right now... so if you happen to run into this turbo it is probably mine.

I have some pics here of a very similar looking stock TD04L:

Name:  WhUv6VJ.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  473.3 KB
Name:  pAIxnu1.jpg
Size:  592.7 KB

Im sure most of you know this... but the compressor housing will have the name of the turbine shaft that it came with engraved onto it. Here is a picture of the stock TD04L compressor housing:

Name:  YG5D37b.jpg
Size:  628.5 KB

As you can see the TD04L engraving is circled. The turbo that was stolen from me says 'TD04HL' in the same location. This is a VERY UNCOMMON turbo (for USDM WRX). PLEASE let me know via pm if you see any turbo with the HL engraving and/or looks like the turbo in the pictures.

Any info/tips you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking forward to getting this turbo for a long time... so I would very much like to get it back.

Jason
Old 12-17-2014, 01:49 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Only ever seen one of these, so yes, they're pretty darn rare. Sorry to hear it and hope they find the bastards (who probably have no idea what they took).
Old 12-17-2014, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Shouldn't the shipping company pay for it? Don't really know how that works. Sorry someone ripped you off. Did you file a police report and a claim with the shipping company?
Old 12-17-2014, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
hope they find the bastards (who probably have no idea what they took).
For real! If it's not found the turbo will probably end up blowing some idiot's motor!

Originally Posted by queeg9k
Shouldn't the shipping company pay for it? Don't really know how that works. Sorry someone ripped you off. Did you file a police report and a claim with the shipping company?
Yeah I already filed reports with both, I'm kicking myself for not having it sent to the post office for pickup.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:58 AM

Car Info: 2005 FXT
sucks man. I recently had a package stolen from my porch as well a couple weeks ago.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I made sure my front door/porch was a spot I had a camera on.

Stolen td04hl turbo!!!-forumrunner_20141218_121508.png

Still need to install a couple more to get the street and surrounding areas in case I need to identify a getaway car.

But overall, I live in a great neighborhood and have had stuff outside all day with nothing taken.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Where in Campbell? I live in the area and will keep my eyes peeled for random turbo-sized boxes on the side of road...
Old 12-18-2014, 03:25 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
Hopefully you find it soon. These stories are the main reason why I started shipping all my online purchases to my work.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2007 FXT Ltd MT AWP
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
Hopefully you find it soon. These stories are the main reason why I started shipping all my online purchases to my work.
I pay for one of those storefront mailbox places
Old 12-18-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SolSurferX
Where in Campbell? I live in the area and will keep my eyes peeled for random turbo-sized boxes on the side of road...
Thanks bro, my chances of getting it back are pretty dismal but might as well try. I live on Central near Hamilton... down the street from the police station!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by SpiritedDriving
Thanks bro, my chances of getting it back are pretty dismal but might as well try. I live on Central near Hamilton... down the street from the police station!
That sucks...I'm over off of Campbell Ave near the track. Our whole street had their mailboxes broken into and mail stolen earlier this year. *******s.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:19 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I made sure my front door/porch was a spot I had a camera on.

Attachment 91497

Still need to install a couple more to get the street and surrounding areas in case I need to identify a getaway car.

But overall, I live in a great neighborhood and have had stuff outside all day with nothing taken.
Camera tells you that it was taken and can be use IF you can identify them. 90% of the time you aren't going to be able to identify someone from that video though... So yes, without a vehicle ID or other info, catching them is unlikely. The guy from our alarm company AND the Sheriff told me the same thing after my house was broken into and they took my stuff. Valued at $16k worth of my stuff.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by SolSurferX
That sucks...I'm over off of Campbell Ave near the track. Our whole street had their mailboxes broken into and mail stolen earlier this year. *******s.
We haven't had any major break-ins or anything around here just some opportunistic theft. Earlier this year someone stole 6 out of 8 porch lights we had out front (how thoughtful of him to leave us with 2) and an effin flower pot! We're gonna install a camera at least as a deterrent. Maybe they'll steal that too!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
yea i;d think the shipping company would be responsible for it.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 15 WRX EFR7064
New member here (15 wrx) ....I live in Campbell also, recently I started getting packages delivered to my work cause I was worried about this..

Sucks man, I'll keep an eye out on craigslist.

Quick Reply: Stolen td04hl turbo!!!