Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:02 AM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
LOL you guys are great....i don't mean to make light out of everyone's gripes and bad experiences w/Stevens Creek Subaru, but my week was starting off TERRIBLE, but some of these comments had me ROFL.

btw, who's gonna give me the biggest odds on when/if the SCS dude shows his face back in here again??? I've always been a sucker for underdog bets!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan
to be honest, stevens creek was fine with me. i got an 02 wrx back in october of 2002 and it was the last 02 on the lot in monterey, santa cruz, and stevens creek. i went with my parents and my dad haggled with some buff *** dude, who said he drove a corvette with 500whp or some ****, for an hour or so and then went to the manager guy. we were with the manager for like 2 more hours.

the buff *** dude was a young fellow and he was cool as hell - not pushy, friendly, and had nice conversations with us. the manager on the otherhand was sort of a dick and pushy and thought he was hot **** and was arguing with my dad about the price we wanted. so when we finally threatened to walk out and actually did get to the door, the guy finally said ok about the price. we got it for $22,XXX brand spanken new with 46 miles on it. i was now the proud owner of PSM 2002 WRX sedan after trading in my acura and putting a down payment. but i didnt know how to drive stick!

so the manager guy insisted we take the car that night (day turned to night negotiating) and that they get my old acura that night, but it was back at my house which is an hour away. so the buff *** dude drove me home in my new car over 17 while my parents drove back in their car. then he picked up the acura and drove back and i had my subaru. they seemed pretty cool to me. and ive never had any problems with the car although i take it to subaru of SC for the check ups and services, but only because its closer. i've actually had much worse experiences with subaru of santa cruz than with stevens creek.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 AM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Originally Posted by HitMan912
to be honest, stevens creek was fine with me. i got an 02 wrx back in october of 2002 and it was the last 02 on the lot in monterey, santa cruz, and stevens creek. i went with my parents and my dad haggled with some buff *** dude, who said he drove a corvette with 500whp or some ****, for an hour or so and then went to the manager guy. we were with the manager for like 2 more hours.

the buff *** dude was a young fellow and he was cool as hell - not pushy, friendly, and had nice conversations with us. the manager on the otherhand was sort of a dick and pushy and thought he was hot **** and was arguing with my dad about the price we wanted. so when we finally threatened to walk out and actually did get to the door, the guy finally said ok about the price. we got it for $22,XXX brand spanken new with 46 miles on it. i was now the proud owner of PSM 2002 WRX sedan after trading in my acura and putting a down payment. but i didnt know how to drive stick!

so the manager guy insisted we take the car that night (day turned to night negotiating) and that they get my old acura that night, but it was back at my house which is an hour away. so the buff *** dude drove me home in my new car over 17 while my parents drove back in their car. then he picked up the acura and drove back and i had my subaru. they seemed pretty cool to me. and ive never had any problems with the car although i take it to subaru of SC for the check ups and services, but only because its closer. i've actually had much worse experiences with subaru of santa cruz than with stevens creek.
+1, best post in this thread. :rotfl:
Old 08-24-2005, 01:24 AM

Car Info: 1992 Toyota Sera
we got it for $22,XXX brand spanken new with 46 miles on it.
Guess what happened in those 46 miles?

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
This includes harass customers and race brand new turbo charged cars that haven't been broken in yet.
This is no BS -- coming from 8 years of stopping by every now and then to check on new models, I've seen it, heard it, and heard the salesmen bragging about it.

----

--->> SEARCH <<-- for previous threads on Stevens Creek, especially the one that brucelee started to collect all the comments... nuff said.

Last edited by Necromancer; 08-24-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
"the Phreak, as in the Phantom Phreak, king of night hacks..." Maybe he just watched Hackers too many times. Can't say that I blame him, Angelina Jolie topless...
Old 08-24-2005, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Wait! Subaru has a twin turbo? When did this come out? What model car?

Man just what I don't need - a reason to go back to SC Subaru....
Maybe you should go back to pick up your second turbo...

I went to steven's creek once and bought a crush washer for the oil drain plug. I feel dirty becuase of it.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Some idiot salesman who looks like he was hopped on steroids tried to get me to race his STi (which wasn't there) BTW when I went in to buy a ****ing fuel filter for my WRX. He was talking all sorts of **** about how his car was 500 horsepower and will smoke my car, but then when I asked him which turbo he was running and who tuned it he couldn't answer. All he said was "it has NOS" I told him to **** off and told him to snap out of his 2Fast2Furious dream in front of the blonde receptionist there. She laughed and he had this stupid look on his face. I hope everyone at Steven's Creek (except the blonde receptionist) die an agonizing death.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:12 AM

Massive eagerly awaits the response.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
we got it for $22,XXX brand spanken new with 46 miles on it.
damn... 46 miles on a brand new subaru... mine had 4 miles... oh well, as long as it runs newish
Old 08-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by resident smurf
+1, best post in this thread. :rotfl:
-1, worst post in this thread
Old 08-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Old School

46 miles??!?!?!?

You do realize that you purchased a car that was NOT new... It was test driven, and at stevens creek, a test drive is an all out ricer street race, complete with matching 4 wheel sliding understeer around corners, hard shifting, and all this on a motor that needs to be broken in softly. I hope you're car will last a long time and is strong, because some are weak, and even with granny driving break.

-Gagan

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 08-24-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by Necromancer
Guess what happened in those 46 miles?

This is no BS -- coming from 8 years of stopping by every now and then to check on new models, I've seen it, heard it, and heard the salesmen bragging about it.

----

--->> SEARCH <<-- for previous threads on Stevens Creek, especially the one that brucelee started to collect all the comments... nuff said.
Remember when I was fed up, and almost rallied a protest/boycott, lol. Maybe I'll have time to do that in the next year or so.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:23 AM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L

umm nice story.. I got my car at Carlson also for $22,xxx EXCEPT I was in and out in 20 minutes. No BS haggling and only 7 miles on it too.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:47 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
Originally Posted by killaho
umm nice story.. I got my car at Carlson also for $22,xxx EXCEPT I was in and out in 20 minutes. No BS haggling and only 7 miles on it too.
About the only way I figure that's possible at Steven's Creek, is if you were waving a gun around...
Old 08-24-2005, 08:50 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by killaho

Woot! Same here with a trade.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?