Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 11:07 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
My story

Originally Posted by thefreak
Hey Bay Area! I've never really introduced myself...My name is Brian Bakhtiari and I am one of the managers here at Stevens Creek Subaru. I was just wondering if you have had any bad experiences with us in the past, what they were and what (if anything) was done on our part to resolve the issue. Whether it be here or in person, I would like to talk to you guys/gals and see what we can do to resolve any issues you have had with us in the past.
Wait....Bakhtiari...you're the owners son aren't you?

My experiances, two, at SC Subaru were both negative. I am sort of guessing here, but people that seem to be related to the owner, are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.

This includes harass customers and race brand new turbo charged cars that haven't been broken in yet.

My second visit was with a friend who wanted to use you because she is local. We agreed on the price before we got there. As soon as she was there, the salesman stripped me off my friend and the Finance Manager tried to get my friend to finance with them. She had a contract in front of her, she told me that you verbally agreed to 4.25% simple interest with 1/3rd down. The contract that was given to her to sign was 1/3rd down and 11.25% compound interest.

She thought it was a mistake and brought it to your attention before she signed it and the new rate was 5.25% compound. She already had 4.75% simple interest, why would you think she wants to finance at 5.25 compound??!

She was willing to buy the car from you, if you can't beat her finance terms, then leave her alone! You also added an extended warranty for over $1200 and rust protection etc...she noticed this.

Because of this experiance, she still does not own a Subaru. This was more than a year ago. She has still not bought a new car. You have really scared her off from ever considering your dealership and she WANTED to do business with you.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 08-23-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:12 PM

Car Info: Black wingless STi/Black 07 A3/Black 07 C230
went there for my dads sti despite what i heard. they had thirty and would not deal. we were clear on what price we wanted which wasnt outrageous and the guy was just rude and ridiculous. pretty much acted like we were idiots.

went to carlson and got the price at invoice
Old 08-23-2005, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Wait....Bakhtiari...you're the owners son?
Brian, obviously as you can tell I'm still pissed at the situation. (for the rest of you, it was jsut a few weeks ago).

If you really the owner's son, do yourself and your dad or mom a favor and listen to the people here. The kind of bad press that you get from sites like this cost you guys so much business. And trust me it's not just i-club, every subaru site that has a local chapter knows about your business ethics. Now that we have experienced it first hand, we have been actively spreading the word not to deal with your dealership. I have a co-worker that is set on buying either a Legacy or Forester in the next couple months when the 06s are here and will not be going to your dealership.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:25 PM

I guess the person who started this thread is too embarassed to respond...lol
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
mine was when your dumbf*ck salesperson tried to argue w/ me that the 2.5rs was faster than the 2.0 wrx.... haha... that and last time i was there another dumbf*ck salesperson swung a door into my car and looked at me like it was my fault.. you f*ckers are lucky i don't pour acid on your face.... and i like dealing w/ acid.. you pos f*ckers.. i hope all of you have children that treat you the same way you treat people, when you're all old and need their help to wipe your ***.... that or i hope someone replaces you're halfnhalf w/ acid.... bIaTchEzZzZ!!! oh, btw, i bought my wrx at carlsen, and plan to buy my sti at carlsen as well... oh and this other time i was there, this middle eastern sales guy, kinda youngish, mid 20's maybe, was muggin me... wtf? i was about to slap his stupid *** face in front of my parents... f*cken idiots... oh and anyone on this message board that knows me, knows that im not an angry type of person.. but you guys suck major donkey *****.. along as all other ***** known on this planet..... oh... and other than the acid remarks, peace be w/ you... kharma is a biitch
Old 08-23-2005, 11:40 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Santa Cruz Subaru ownz you guize, gtfo.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:41 PM

What SC Subaru can do -

To rehabilitate your reputation - maybe not allow anymore relatives to be on the lot (not working, not visiting not anything), become super professional and straight forward. Put the real price that you are willing to sell the car at on the sticker, no dickering, one price then the customer can take it or leave it.

You do not have to be the best price in town, you just have to have a fair price.

I know salesmen hate this, but your reputation is shot - this kind of thing is the only way I see that you might become trust worthy again.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:46 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
yeah, and dont think this forum is just part of the consumers, i did not go to stevens creek because its horrible, and ive told everyone i know interested in subarus enver to go there.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X
Took my wrx into your dealership to have some work done to my driver side window, and when picking up my wrx the tint was all scratched up and you guys mentioned it was like that when i brang it in. I was just happy that my window problem got fixed and nothing else had occured being I hear all these stories. Tint was 20 to remove 20 to replace so 40 in total I had to pay out of my pocket for bringing my subaru to u guys.

Last edited by Project Worx; 08-23-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Stevens Creek = WEAK !
Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
mine was when your dumbf*ck salesperson tried to argue w/ me that the 2.5rs was faster than the 2.0 wrx.... haha... that and last time i was there another dumbf*ck salesperson swung a door into my car and looked at me like it was my fault.. you f*ckers are lucky i don't pour acid on your face.... and i like dealing w/ acid.. you pos f*ckers..
haha at least he didn't try to tell you it was twin turbo like he did me.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
haha at least he didn't try to tell you it was twin turbo like he did me.
Wait! Subaru has a twin turbo? When did this come out? What model car?

Man just what I don't need - a reason to go back to SC Subaru....
Old 08-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Wait! Subaru has a twin turbo? When did this come out? What model car?

Man just what I don't need - a reason to go back to SC Subaru....
apparently my 02 bugeye sedan is "twin turbo"

hahah
Old 08-24-2005, 12:51 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
A week before I bought my car I was at Stevens Creek looking at the cars and getting some info and pricing. The dealer there dissed my other car and told me to buy a real performance car. I found the sales guy very unprofessional after that point. Glad I didn't go back and went to Carlsen near my work instead. When i discovered I-club and saw so many negative reviews I was quite lucky the sales guy wasn't professional nor had the color I wanted.

AntiochCali,
Thanks for the info about the people working there may be related. Makes total sense then.

Last edited by STIdevildog; 08-24-2005 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:57 AM

It really doesn't matter what we post here. Nothing will change. Steven's Creek relies on passing trade rather than repeat custom. This seems to be typical of other dealerships on that strip as well. A friend of mine was badly ripped off by Steven's Creek Toyota. Her BF also had the usual sales BS with the Audi dealer which looking at a used S2000 on their lot.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?