State Trooper shoots unarmed man RAW

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 04:14 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Are you actually looking for a serious reply? Or you just being your typical self and want everyone to listen and consider your wisdom...while you completely disregard everyone's (at the same time as you rant about maturity and intelligence)?
I am looking for people to wake up and see the big picture. The fact our LEO in this country are out of control. They have no accountability what so ever, and the 1-2 times they get "called to the mat" its a slap on the wrist if anything.

The militarization of our LEO is the problem, the fact they are taught from day one to "do what it takes to go home safe" is the problem. The fact that they do not grasp that their job is to DIE if they must, before any citizens rights are violated, is the problem

In short, people like you, that turn a bind eye to the real problem, endanger us all.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:43 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
I am looking for people to wake up and see the big picture. The fact our LEO in this country are out of control. They have no accountability what so ever, and the 1-2 times they get "called to the mat" its a slap on the wrist if anything.

The militarization of our LEO is the problem, the fact they are taught from day one to "do what it takes to go home safe" is the problem. The fact that they do not grasp that their job is to DIE if they must, before any citizens rights are violated, is the problem

In short, people like you, that turn a bind eye to the real problem, endanger us all.
"People like me"? Please tell me more about people like me that are the problem...only because I do not share your blind zealous idealistic hatred?

You also do realize it was never police's job to protect citizens? Right? The Supreme Court ruled long time ago that "the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole. You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones." (see the attached link) That is why they are called LAW enforcement officers.

Police have no responsibility to protect individuals (reference)

Anyway, I can write more, but I know I am not going to change your mind or make you think any differently. Carry on as you were.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by LxJLthr

"People like me"? Please tell me more about people like me that are the problem...only because I do not share your blind zealous idealistic hatred?

You also do realize it was never police's job to protect citizens? Right? The Supreme Court ruled long time ago that "the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole. You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones." (see the attached link) That is why they are called LAW enforcement officers.

Police have no responsibility to protect individuals (reference)

Anyway, I can write more, but I know I am not going to change your mind or make you think any differently. Carry on as you were.
Winning
Old 09-25-2014, 06:33 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
winning
+ 1
Old 09-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
The victim should be given a gun and allowed to kill that piece of ****. Animals like that do NOT belong on our streets, let alone be given a badge.

**** our current LEO mentality. They don't protect anyone, all they do is cause more problems for everyone.

When is the last time you were near a cop and felt protected? Never.

I never thought I'd say this, but I was totally rooting for Chris Dorner and am hoping they never find the shooter in PA.

You push the people so far, they will start pushing back... And that's what you see.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:18 AM

I agree. I'm no big traveled man or anything but I have been to big events in Canada, Germay, Italy, London, Amesterdamn never ever seen any place that is militarized like the US, nor where the police exude hostility. It really is sad. Anyways not really sure how firing wildly at an unarmed guy in a crowded gas station lot is protecting society as a whole, what a load of dog****, Also a completely nonsensical excuse.

Also pretty shocking what the police academy is and that it then allows carrying a gun and full reign on us soil, while a soldier fighting overseas receives a far more extensive training program.

The bottom line for me is being in a crowded city when out for a night of enjoyment and dinner countries I've been in where there aren't armed police everywhere I feel far safer than cities where there are. The United States is the only place I have been in a crowded city where the presence of firearms by the police has actually made me feel unsafe due to their generally hostile attitude (generally), but more so to their tendency to react at any seemingly rowdy person. I don't want to get shot in a cross fire because some guy broke a bottle on the ground after an event.

Police are so heavily armed that they have come to rely on nothing but using their fire arms, when policing and keeping the peace is far more than that. Unfortunately they simply don't know how to do anything else.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:16 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
I agree. I'm no big traveled man or anything but I have been to big events in Canada, Germay, Italy, London, Amesterdamn never ever seen any place that is militarized like the US, nor where the police exude hostility. It really is sad. Anyways not really sure how firing wildly at an unarmed guy in a crowded gas station lot is protecting society as a whole, what a load of dog****, Also a completely nonsensical excuse.

Also pretty shocking what the police academy is and that it then allows carrying a gun and full reign on us soil, while a soldier fighting overseas receives a far more extensive training program.

The bottom line for me is being in a crowded city when out for a night of enjoyment and dinner countries I've been in where there aren't armed police everywhere I feel far safer than cities where there are. The United States is the only place I have been in a crowded city where the presence of firearms by the police has actually made me feel unsafe due to their generally hostile attitude (generally), but more so to their tendency to react at any seemingly rowdy person. I don't want to get shot in a cross fire because some guy broke a bottle on the ground after an event.

Police are so heavily armed that they have come to rely on nothing but using their fire arms, when policing and keeping the peace is far more than that. Unfortunately they simply don't know how to do anything else.
A well rationed, reasonable, and informed response. I can't wait for Overbear to **** all over it.

I happen to agree with you. The significantly more armed police I have encountered in other countries (UK, France, Spain, Italy, Thailand, India) were far less intimidating than your average american patrol cop. I get the sense that those (foreign) police have a mandate to keep the peace where as US police have a mandate to enforce the law, usually with formal or unspoken quotas.

I have the same problem with the death penalty in the US. I have no philosophical issue with killing someone for killing someone else. What I have a problem with is DA's, who run election campaigns on their conviction rate, trying capital cases. This mans livelihood depends on him making sure another man, probably one with a ****ty public defendant, gets the chair. How can we possibly call that justice?
Old 09-26-2014, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx

I am glad you have your eyes open, unlike so many here.

It really has come to the point where people (in general) no longer trust or feel safe around LEO in this country, and it is a problem of their own making. I feel safer knowing 20 people around me are armed citizens, than I would with 20 LEO around me.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:32 AM
plays well with others

I am glad you have your eyes open, unlike so many here.

It really has come to the point where people (in general) no longer trust or feel safe around LEO in this country, and it is a problem of their own making. I feel safer knowing 20 people around me are armed citizens, than I would with 20 LEO around me.
I think he means "KILL ALL LEO AND BREAK THEIR FAMILIES KNEE CAPS WHILE THEY WATCH."
Old 09-26-2014, 08:36 AM

Name:  qKulAzv.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  503 Bytes

Old 09-26-2014, 08:39 AM
plays well with others

Cowards hide when the truth is painful.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:41 AM
plays well with others

I really like that overbear claims to be intellectually superior to everyone, but his response to people who disagree with him is:

He's a true liberal.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by irrational x
Cowards hide when the truth is painful.
Originally Posted by irrational x
I really like that overbear claims to be intellectually superior to everyone, but his response to people who disagree with him is:

He's a true liberal.
can he see the posts if i quote you?

Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by Rescuer
can he see the posts if i quote you?

Who cares? He can't read anyway lol
Old 09-26-2014, 09:06 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I don't think any of you would drive through Richmond or Oakland if cops weren't allowed to carry guns. They don't militarize the police for ****s and giggles. Go try to arrest Jamaal for a bench warrant in the hood without any weapons. See what the mob effect gets ya.

It takes roughly 30 officers to stop someone with a machete in Europe. Which city in the US has that kind of money to pay for 30 officers everytime they encounter a mental patient who's going to harm someone with a weapon?

in b4 OverreactingBear tells me he's not worried because he has an arsenal of weapons in his trunk.

Also I'm having a hard time seeing the slap on the wrist that OverreactingBear is talking about. The guys in jail and is likely going to get 10+ years in jail for being trigger happy. The victim on the other hand will get compensated for being on the receiving end of the bullet. Had the guy died, the cop would be facing manslaughter or worse.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 09-26-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: State Trooper shoots unarmed man RAW