State Reffed in NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:17 AM

Car Info: '06 Subaru Forester STI
Originally Posted by Overbear
why were you stupid enough to pop the hood without a lawyer present?

Come on people KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!!
Question is - would you invoke this right if you were....black? Is the OP black?

Kinda joking..but not joking. Sad state of affairs here in the U.S. of A.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:43 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Lorry
Supposing he does this and spends the night in jail, does that mean he is free to go and doesn't have to fix his car?
No, he now has to hire a lawyer ($$) to get his car our of impound ($$$) and fight whatever charges were levied onto him ($$$$) followed by fixing said car ($$$$$) because I never seen a car (including 2 of my own) ever come out without something damaged. And depending on the profession the individual holds, spending a night in jail will mean loss of their job and/or future employment ability ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$). Or the last part would be for me at least. But, yes, following all of that he would not need to fix his car.

This is sort of ab absurdum worst case scenario (but not out of possibility). Unfortunately I have to agree with OB that that our lovely state likes to trample all over citizens' right and liberty at any turn possible.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
This is sort of ab absurdum worst case scenario (but not out of possibility). Unfortunately I have to agree with OB that that our lovely state likes to trample all over citizens' right and liberty at any turn possible.
Yeah, that was my thinking. Obviously OP could stand up for his rights. But, if he knows his goose is cooked, it might still be cheaper (and certainly easier) to forfeit those rights.