Radiator Crack

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:38 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
3 bad radiators over a span of 4 years?! Yup, total garbage. RD is clearly producing sub-par crap and should be at the bottom of everyone's list. Everyone can go home now. Thank you OB for making us see the light.
You pay THAT much for a custom, hand built radiator it better be flawless as hell.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Originally Posted by G_Ride
The radiator was brand new.
That is pretty strange. Not knowing the circumstances as we never had issues dealing with any of the 3 mentioned radiator companies as far as warranties.

Unless it's a blatantly botched install that denied it. He could of got a rep on a bad day or he could of let his emotions get the better of him.

Crappy to say the least though..
Old 12-16-2014, 03:48 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
May be the guy a pompous self entitled difficult customer douche bag where the vendor decided it was not worth doing any favors for?

What I am saying...can we please avoid the "I have a friend that knows a guy that had this thing, but I have no personal experience and do not have any of the facts" drama?
There are always good customers and bad customers. These should not change business policies. IMO, worst case scenario, refund the money and end any further business. The business takes a little hit with some lost product. But at least the customer was brought back to square 1.

I agree on the he-said-she-said BS though. Even though I've contributed to it.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:06 PM

May be the guy a pompous self entitled difficult customer douche bag where the vendor decided it was not worth doing any favors for?

What I am saying...can we please avoid the "I have a friend that knows a guy that had this thing, but I have no personal experience and do not have any of the facts" drama?
1)I was there when said person called in, sure as hell didn't sound like a pompus *** when he made the call, from what I was hearing.

2)Funny how you are quick to defend, when you have no real experience to offer and I have had 3 times where I was there, and saw the results. The point is, as I said before, you pay THAT much for a radiator, the thing better be flawless beyond measure. You think LIC would let that **** fly with theirs? NOPE. just one vocal failure means 20 have failed and no one said anything.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Correction to the rx8 rob Davis radiator. We examined it. It was cracked due to probable damage from being daily driven. V mount with no under tray. Owner was suggested and told to put it back on to protect it. That's not a manufacturers defect.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:24 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
1)I was there when said person called in, sure as hell didn't sound like a pompus *** when he made the call, from what I was hearing.

2)Funny how you are quick to defend, when you have no real experience to offer and I have had 3 times where I was there, and saw the results. The point is, as I said before, you pay THAT much for a radiator, the thing better be flawless beyond measure. You think LIC would let that **** fly with theirs? NOPE. just one vocal failure means 20 have failed and no one said anything.
No, I was being objective. I am not going to jump on the "deep fry a company at the stake" wagon because 1 forum members had a handful of bad observations without any concrete facts to back anything up. And I simple made a fascias statement to try and illustrate a point.

By the way, you also have no real experience since you have not purchased, owned or dealt directly with the company. Your account is still second hand.

And I do not care if a product is hand build or magically transported via pixie dust from My Little Brony land. No manufacturing process is free of defects (if it was a defect). Even ones where companies have spent billions and billions on six sigma improvements. Customer service is a completely separate issue, but also a very important one.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
Correction to the rx8 rob Davis radiator. We examined it. It was cracked due to probable damage from being daily driven. V mount with no under tray. Owner was suggested and told to put it back on to protect it. That's not a manufacturers defect.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
I will take what you say, but having seen it leaking and where from, I don't see how that is possible, it was leaking from INSIDE where the joints go from the veins to the tank. Just saying that it was not from a hit, or a spot that is even reachable by some object.

I stand by my words, I personally would never in a million years put a RD on my car after seeing all that. For the price I could put 3 cheaper ones in and not care if they have to be replaced every few years.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Are we all talking about the same RX8? How many shops did this guy go to for inspection
Old 12-16-2014, 07:00 PM

Are we all talking about the same RX8? How many shops did this guy go to for inspection
Not sure, I mean, I guess more than one looked at it?
Old 12-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Yes
Old 12-17-2014, 01:17 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
Meh, I have the Mishimoto, and it works just fine. Only thing I had to do was throw out the cap that it comes with and replace it with a better one (their caps SUCK)
Originally Posted by DatAWSTi
That's the one thing I've heard of mainly about them is the caps are ****. Does the oem cap fit on it?
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback! We are constantly working to improve our existing products and we have made a few adjustments over the years to this particular product, the radiator cap being one of them. Our current radiator on shelves includes a revised radiator cap that has proven to be far more robust than our previous offering. If you require a cap replacement, please contact our warranty team at the link below.

Warranty

Thanks!

Originally Posted by vaj
I have had a Mishimoto on my car for a while. Works great. No leaks, even with their cap. You're welcome to it for a small fee if you wish as I'm still finishing my build and was considering upgrading to LIC's combo unit. Shoot me a pm if you wish mate! I was getting ready to list it in the classies. It is in excellent condition.
Originally Posted by bmxhotsauce
i used a Mishimoto 2 row for 3 years with no issue. i just upgraded to their 3 row since im racing my car more. you cant go wrong with a life time warranty they have. i do have to agree their caps for some odd reason do seem to leak. i just used an OEM cap and never had that issue again.
Thanks for the kind words guys! Glad you are enjoying our radiator.

Originally Posted by sigma pi
The plug on the bottom is complete crap too.
What type of issues did you have with our drain plug? Issues with the threads or leaking seals?

Thanks
-John
Old 12-17-2014, 01:39 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by DatAWSTi
Glad I didn't go with mishimoto then lol.
eh you just have to get a different plug screw for it.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:55 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback! We are constantly working to improve our existing products and we have made a few adjustments over the years to this particular product, the radiator cap being one of them. Our current radiator on shelves includes a revised radiator cap that has proven to be far more robust than our previous offering. If you require a cap replacement, please contact our warranty team at the link below.

Warranty

Thanks!

-John
This **** right here. Excellent work.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:03 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Mishimoto

What type of issues did you have with our drain plug? Issues with the threads or leaking seals?

Thanks
-John
Hi John,

Thanks for coming in the thread
The threads were fine, it was some crappy stamped thumb screw looking thing that was leaking from the center. The first one got smashed during shipping. The customer service was GREAT and I got another one, and it was not smashed but leaked. I gave up and just spent the $2 and went to the local radiator shop and bought a plug, more of a hassle than anything.

It looked like this
http://cdn3.volusion.com/gt5ox.bos7j...gif?1415972985

replaced it with this
http://littlemachineshop.com/product...0/480.1573.jpg

Last edited by sigma pi; 12-17-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Radiator Crack