Radiator Crack

Old 12-16-2014, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Get a Ron Davis unit if you have the funds.
+1. expensive, but bad ***.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by subysteez
+1. expensive, but bad ***.
**** no, I have now seen 3 of them crack and need to be sent back in for repair. I won't ever buy a RD after seeing that.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:22 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
**** no, I have now seen 3 of them crack and need to be sent back in for repair. I won't ever buy a RD after seeing that.
Can you provide complete background details on their installation, application and usage history? So we have an objective picture of how/why they failed? Otherwise, cool story, brah.

EDIT: Mishimoto, Koyo and Ron Davis are all at different price points. Also no product in the world is 100% defect-free or abuse-proof, so every person on here will have personal preferences and anecdotal evidence based on their limited experience (unless you are Noah, Adam, Mike, etc ). At the end of the day, whatever floats the person's boat, but you get what you pay for.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 12-16-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:02 PM

Car Info: 04 STi AW
If I ever wanna spend money on a badass cooling system it'll be the lic!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
This garbage again?

Can you provide complete background details on their installation, application and usage history? So we have an objective picture of how/why they failed? Otherwise, cool story, brah.

EDIT: Mishimoto, Koyo and Ron Davis are all at different price points. Also no product in the world is 100% defect-free or abuse-proof, so every person on here will have personal preferences and anecdotal evidence based on their limited experience (unless you are Noah, Adam, Mike, etc ). At the end of the day, whatever floats the person's boat, but you get what you pay for.
I'm still waiting for a reply here :

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...-begin-260808/
Old 12-16-2014, 01:28 PM

Car Info: subaru
i used a Mishimoto 2 row for 3 years with no issue. i just upgraded to their 3 row since im racing my car more. you cant go wrong with a life time warranty they have. i do have to agree their caps for some odd reason do seem to leak. i just used an OEM cap and never had that issue again.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by porkchop
This garbage again?

I'm still waiting for a reply here :

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...-begin-260808/
Thanks, Tommy. I was trying to find that thread
Old 12-16-2014, 02:29 PM

1)RX8 came into RBMS, leaking from the welds
2)STI same leaking from the welds
3)Ford mustang about 4 years back, same again, weld leaks

NOW to be fair, in all 3 cases, RD fixed it at no cost
Old 12-16-2014, 02:47 PM

1)RX8 came into RBMS, leaking from the welds
2)STI same leaking from the welds
3)Ford mustang about 4 years back, same again, weld leaks

NOW to be fair, in all 3 cases, RD fixed it at no cost
3 bad radiators over a span of 4 years?! Yup, total garbage. RD is clearly producing sub-par crap and should be at the bottom of everyone's list. Everyone can go home now. Thank you OB for making us see the light.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:07 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I know a guy with an RX8 and a ****ty Ron Davis Radiator. Might be the same RX8 Bear is referencing.

He told me that the radiator started leaking from a defect. He sent it back to RD to be repaired under warranty. RD deemed it unrepairable. The best solution they could offer him was another radiator at cost which was still upwards of $500.

I find that **** to be pretty ridiculous.

I can understand a product failing. It happens. It sucks. But it still happens. A good business will recognize this and work to take care of their customers and support their products. The ****ty businesses will leave their customers SOL.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 12-16-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
that is ridiculous. if it's under warranty, "they" deemed it unrepairable, it should be replaced with another working one at no cost
Old 12-16-2014, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I know a guy with an RX8 and a ****ty Ron Davis Radiator. Might be the same RX8 Bear is referencing.

He told me that the radiator started leaking from a defect. He sent it back to RD to be repaired under warranty. RD deemed it unrepairable. The best solution they could offer him was another radiator at cost which was still upwards of $500.

I can understand a product failing. It happens. It sucks. But it still happens. A good business will recognize this and work to take care of their customers and support their products. The ****ty businesses will leave their customers SOL.
did he buy it used?
Old 12-16-2014, 03:34 PM

May be the guy a pompous self entitled difficult customer douche bag where the vendor decided it was not worth doing any favors for?

What I am saying...can we please avoid the "I have a friend that knows a guy that had this thing, but I have no personal experience and do not have any of the facts" drama?

Last edited by LxJLthr; 12-16-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:36 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by porkchop
did he buy it used?
The radiator was brand new.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:38 PM

OH! **** I didn't realize they didn't repair it, ok then another mark against RD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radiator Crack