Question... i-clubbers.... community...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:56 PM

Car Info: stock
Originally Posted by norcalbro
I have met more I-clubbers than I can count... Wrenched for countless hours... I feel like I have met a lot of people, made a lot of friends, even a few I'd say are my buddies.

I may not have a Subaru anymore, but I'm still doing my part to make sure BAM goes off without a hitch because of the community.
ill have some more wrenching to do soon
Old 06-24-2015, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 2007 SWP STI
As an active lurker of the forum, most people I meet in person probably don't even know me online. I definitely rely more on meets to socialize with the community where a person's true personality shows.
Monday night Dublin meets, Wednesday night Fremont meets, and BAM have given me the opportunity to meet others from this forum and in the Subaru community in general. Most of these relationships I would consider as acquaintances, since as pointed out earlier we do not see each other outside of these meets. Although there are a few individuals who I do see on other days and I would consider them (close) friends.

To answer Ray's original question, I do not know you very well at all. I've talked to you maybe once to pick up some shirts from BAM and I think I spotted you at Snowbomb last year, lol. From what I've lurked online you seem like a straight forward, honest guy and I appreciate that.
I thank you, Gagan, and all the other people who come together to make BAM happen. After volunteering at previous BAM's I'm happy to be a part of the community and to be able to have met Cliff at the head of the food organization, although he is a rare sight around here.
Also, I am grateful to have met Matt T. two years ago at BAM while I was demanding more patties from the grill to serve to the patrons, which led to his and Karlton's huge help on my car! Thanks a million, again!!

TL;DR I love the community and how a lot of people are friendly and willing to help out, but I much rather prefer to converse in person than online. Thanks for reading