Protecting morons and ruining automotive joy: Federal ejection mitigation law

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
On a side note, while I have not had the pleasure of impaling any ignorant kids with some proper lawn darts...the below modern nanny state equivalent looks like tha gayest **** ever..I feel you Ryan.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
HA, thanks Yuri! Now enjoy this photo montage as a symbol of my undying gratitude!

Name:  JM56o.png
Views: 59
Size:  246.2 KB

Old 05-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Choku Dori

good lord that pic!

"Sorry timmy, its too dangerous for us to remove it, you'll just have to live with it for the rest of your life. Just let it be a daily reminder of your own stupidity."
Old 05-10-2015, 10:44 AM

So if Alfa 4C is out...then what about every Ferrari, Aston, McLaren and other marquee brands? Can you imagine a 458 successor with A pillars 2-3x size to accommodate the airbags AND proper structural rigidityand crash protection?

Also man cars' visibility is already **** pour with their high beltlines and pedestrian safety hoods, how is extra thicker A and B pillars gonna make things better? So they gonna reduce visibility even further prompting even more nanny state manufacturing requirements and complexity? !
Old 05-10-2015, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Krinkov
good lord that pic!

"Sorry timmy, its too dangerous for us to remove it, you'll just have to live with it for the rest of your life. Just let it be a daily reminder of your own stupidity."
A dunce cap would fit nicely over that dart there.

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
So if Alfa 4C is out...then what about every Ferrari, Aston, McLaren and other marquee brands? Can you imagine a 458 successor with A pillars 2-3x size to accommodate the airbags AND proper structural rigidityand crash protection?

Also man cars' visibility is already **** pour with their high beltlines and pedestrian safety hoods, how is extra thicker A and B pillars gonna make things better? So they gonna reduce visibility even further prompting even more nanny state manufacturing requirements and complexity? !
You called it. That was exactly what I was thinking, but didn't say because I haven't seen any confirmation... yet.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
there should be automated driverless cars for people who cant pass a VERY strict driving test, including slalom, skidpads and a min time on a track with a state vehicle.
If you do pass, then you get to drive the car your self in a un restricted lane on the left side with no speed limited
Old 05-11-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
there should be automated driverless cars for people who cant pass a VERY strict driving test, including slalom, skidpads and a min time on a track with a state vehicle.
If you do pass, then you get to drive the car your self in a un restricted lane on the left side with no speed limited
Sooooo what Fins call a standard driving test?
Old 05-11-2015, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Sooooo what Fins call a standard driving test?
Finns, Germans, Belgians, basically the entirety of the European continent (except maybe Italy and Spain ).

Oh, and the problem with 5-point harnesses (aside from most people not being able to properly use them) is that your head can get bent in unnatural ways if the roof collapses. They'd need full roll cages like race cars.

-Brian
Old 05-11-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Finns, Germans, Belgians, basically the entirety of the European continent (except maybe Italy and Spain ).

Oh, and the problem with 5-point harnesses (aside from most people not being able to properly use them) is that your head can get bent in unnatural ways if the roof collapses. They'd need full roll cages like race cars.

-Brian
I think that would make for a good reality TV show...take your average fat SUV driving American, ship them across the pond and make them have to pass their driving test (and learn stick shift). Throw in various driving challenges, house drama and eliminations...and some sort of good motivational prize (SUV loaded with all of the latest gadgets?)
Old 05-11-2015, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

I think that would make for a good reality TV show...take your average fat SUV driving American, ship them across the pond and make them have to pass their driving test (and learn stick shift). Throw in various driving challenges, house drama and eliminations...and some sort of good motivational prize (SUV loaded with all of the latest gadgets?)
I smell buku bucks!!!!
Old 05-17-2015, 07:16 PM

Many years ago, some motoring journalist (probably Clarkson) said that air bags and seat belts should be banned, and instead, the steering wheel should have a large spike in it's center to encourage careful driving.