Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:40 AM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Pacquiao Regains WBO

IMO he should've announced his retirement
Attached Thumbnails Pacquiao Regains WBO-image-3187596867.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
IMO he should fight Mayweather first, then retire. Won't ever happen though too much ego in the way, mostly from Floyd's corner. Pac would lose anyways lol.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by dozenutts
IMO he should fight Mayweather first, then retire. Won't ever happen though too much ego in the way, mostly from Floyd's corner. Pac would lose anyways lol.
He was getting tagged by Bradley... It was his for the taking than started showboating
Old 04-13-2014, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 2020 STI
I think he should retire as well...Gayweather will never fight him...
Old 04-13-2014, 09:04 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Gayweather will fight him. I can state this because Gayweather wants some big $$ before he retires. Manny will make more than $20mil, not sure why he doesn't accept the offer from Mayweather if Mayweather throws $40mil on the table. Even if it was a 60/40 split in cash for Money Mayweather.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:32 AM

Honestly Pac looked horrible against Bradley he landed desperation shots, but he wasn't working out angels like he normally does. Bradley had his number than Bob Arum and all his greatness called a third fight during round 7... IMO regardless Pac still one of the greatest of all time
Old 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
If he was so horrible then how did he dominate an undefeated fighter?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:28 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Bradley looked like he threw it away. He got cocky after catching Pacquiao and staggering him. After that he was more interested in showboating and rolling with the punches instead of actually trying to box.

As far as Money vs Pacman goes, its doubtful it will happen. Even if Money beats Pacman decisively, judging is too corrupt and the amount of money they can make from a series might be too hard to pass up.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If he was so horrible then how did he dominate an undefeated fighter?
Lets be real, Bradly wasn't undefeated. Rigged judging helped him maintain that record last time.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 04-14-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I agree. I think Bradley was over rated. I actually talked about this on yahoo before the fight and called the fight.

Organizations like undefeated fighters and they like long standing champs. So once you get there they don't like you to loose. So you end up with guys dipping the fighters that might beat them and getting easier match ups. Any close fights, decision to the champ. Etc.

Bradley was a guy that was being pushed for that. He lost the last fight with Manny very very clearly in my book. I had manny ahead by 6 rounds.

This fight went pretty much the same way.

I don't think he was too busy showboating... I think the superior boxer one. Manny got hit pretty good a couple times. I think 1 or 2 good head shots and a really good body shot. But every time he responded by backing Bradley up and dropping huge combos on him.

Manny took a couple rounds off in the middle of the fight and then won a couple and then cruised it out trying not to take a knock out shot.

He needed the win.. he got it.

I still think he's got something in the tank. There are really only 3 boxers maybe 4 that he should even be in the ring with at this point in his career. He needs big fights and he needs big money. He's close to retirement.

More than likely he's going to end up fighting Marquez again but I don't really like that fight personally. The people trying to protect Mayweather will push for it because if Manny looses they can avoid the mayweather/manny fight again.

Unfortunately with the backasswards way that boxing is set up right now I'd say there's an 80% chance his next fight is Marquez. 19% it's Alvarado and 1% it's Mayweather.

There are 2-4 other fighters that would make sense but they're never gonna happen. I'd love to see the Ghost get the fight. I think he'd get a knock out and it would be a HUGE note on his career resume. Big fan of his. Gilroy.

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Bradley looked like he threw it away. He got cocky after catching Pacquiao and staggering him. After that he was more interested in showboating and rolling with the punches instead of actually trying to box.

As far as Money vs Pacman goes, its doubtful it will happen. Even if Money beats Pacman decisively, judging is too corrupt and the amount of money they can make from a series might be too hard to pass up.

Lets be real, Bradly wasn't undefeated. Rigged judging helped him maintain that record last time.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM

Bradley had Pac out of rhythm... Pac made his adjustments, but I definitely think he should hanging it up.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:05 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Mayweather/Pacman is the fight that should happen.

You're talking about a fat paycheck. Yea Manny stays classy, but the dude could even run his OWN promotion for his last bout vs Mayweather, make the $$ and walk away.

You lose, you still make over 20mil, easily, guaranteed.

BTW, Pacman getting hurt and throwing back, is the classic Pacman when he was going up weight divisions. He won by a landslide, got hit in the process, still an exciting fight.

Mayweather on the hand has realized he doesn't have much left either. He's dominated old guys and new guys, Hatton wasn't down before, neither was Canelo. He's got his win on Marquez.

Bottom line, it'll be sad to see these 2 fade without giving a go at each other. No title belts necessary. It would be a headliner, it would make the most $$ (which is why I think Mayweather wants it) it would be what the fans want.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:23 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
Pacman needs to fight marquez and mayweather and then retire imho.

marquez said he wont fight pacman again because the feeling of knocking him out is too good lol
Old 04-14-2014, 08:32 PM

Mayweather vs Pac

She wins
Attached Thumbnails Pacquiao Regains WBO-image-562721647.jpg