Official: SF Giants 2016 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 10:39 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Vin Scully gets clearer: He expects to walk away after 2016 Dodgers season - LA Times

the worst news ever for the dodgers.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:56 AM

If the Giants don't get Greinke, then they just let Nori Aoki walk away for nothing (esp when he "only" cost a "measly" $5 million. Aoki is signing with the Mariners, and now the Giants have a hole to fill in left field. I keep hearing the Giants are training Kelby Tomlinson for left field since Joe Panik will be back at 2nd base. Might work out, who knows. But it seems silly to let Aoki go if the Giants strike out on a top tier pitcher.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:46 PM

Well, there goes Greinke....to the Diamondbacks lol

Don't know the terms and whatnot, but I'm guessing Dbacks made the highest bid.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:07 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Well, there goes Greinke....to the Diamondbacks lol

Don't know the terms and whatnot, but I'm guessing Dbacks made the highest bid.
Yes they did. Looks like they went the extra year to 6, whereas the Dodgers and Giants stopped their offers at 5-years.

When we're talking $32-$32M per....yeah I can see why some may give pause.

Now let's see what's happens with the second tier or pitchers...
Old 12-04-2015, 11:05 PM

Well, looks like another "we tried like heck to get so and so, but it just didn't work out" excuse. Giants have the money, just don't want to spend it on "outsiders." So they struck out on Greinke, let Aoki go for no reason, and now have holes to fill in left field and starting pitching.

Now they're going to have to overpay Leake to get him to stay, and overpay Jeff Samardja (sp?) to shore up the starting rotation. As for left field, most likely a platoon of Blanco and Tomlinson, because most top tier free agents don't go to SF for some reason.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:26 AM
9 to 5 mod

****ing D bags
Old 12-05-2015, 08:27 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Well, looks like another "we tried like heck to get so and so, but it just didn't work out" excuse. Giants have the money, just don't want to spend it on "outsiders." So they struck out on Greinke, let Aoki go for no reason, and now have holes to fill in left field and starting pitching.

Now they're going to have to overpay Leake to get him to stay, and overpay Jeff Samardja (sp?) to shore up the starting rotation. As for left field, most likely a platoon of Blanco and Tomlinson, because most top tier free agents don't go to SF for some reason.
Well, at least it will be one of us on top of hte west again.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:07 PM

TurnWRX, wondering what you think? 5/$90M for Sarmadzija, do you think that's an overpay?

Really I think time will tell. If he gets back his mojo from 2012-2014 then it'll be good. But if it's more of the hot/cold if 14-15, then it's a massive overpay. I believe Kruk was saying that his consistency would be righted under the current pitching staff tutelage.

Now will we pay for Leake? That'll be interesting to watch what happens next.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Ooh , scuttlebutt is that Leake is seeing contracts in Sarmazdija's range, which the Giants don't want to do.

Sounds like more interest in Iwakuma, but that both the Dodgers and Giants are chasing same target again...

And it appears Giants interested in Zobrist? WTH?!?
Old 12-05-2015, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
cespedes upton or zobrist are the names im hearing
Old 12-05-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by CHESTON
TurnWRX, wondering what you think? 5/$90M for Sarmadzija, do you think that's an overpay?

Really I think time will tell. If he gets back his mojo from 2012-2014 then it'll be good. But if it's more of the hot/cold if 14-15, then it's a massive overpay. I believe Kruk was saying that his consistency would be righted under the current pitching staff tutelage.

Now will we pay for Leake? That'll be interesting to watch what happens next.
I was actually expecting him to get 100 million. I still think they are overpaying him, but I almost always think that with every player lol. The Giants value him because of this fastball speed, low mileage on his arm, and is an innings eater. But with a better defense behind him, and AT&T Park, he should post better numbers. BUT, Mike Leake pitched in AT&T and didn't put up great numbers. They will still go after Leake, but probably won't get him because of the Giants trying to lowball him (Leake wants a similar deal to Samardizja).

As for Zobrist, they want him because he's versatile at playing multiple positions. Don't think he's the answer to LF though. Still bummed they let Aoki go for no reason (they still owe Aoki $500k for a buyout). Want to talk about overpaying? They could've kept Aoki for $5 million, but instead, they want to take Zobrist for $15 million per year.

Giants still need another veteran SP. I wouldn't count on Cain being consistent, Heston is always up and down, Sarmardizja is unknown, and Peavy is also inconsistent and injury prone. If the Giants get Zobrist, I think the Giants are done acquiring free agents. The only way they're getting another pitcher is through trades.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:47 AM

Dodgers trade 2 prospects for Aroldis Chapman. They are also signing Hisashi Iwakuma. Wonder what that means for current closer Kenley Jansen
Old 12-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by sigma pi
****ing D bags
Always my thought
Old 12-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Where's Mah Reachin' Stick?

Car Info: On the right side
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Always my thought
I second that
Old 12-07-2015, 01:39 PM
9 to 5 mod

they are hopeless.............. but they have a great pool hahahaha

Quick Reply: Official: SF Giants 2016 Season Thread!