Official: SF Giants 2014 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up Official: SF Giants 2014 Season Thread!

Giants acquire Tim Hudson for two years.

Giants, Tim Hudson agree to 2-year deal - SFGate

I like the deal. We certainly needed another starter and Hudson should be a good fit for AT&T.

Discuss.

-Brian
Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Giants acquire Tim Hudson for two years. Giants, Tim Hudson agree to 2-year deal - SFGate I like the deal. We certainly needed another starter and Hudson should be a good fit for AT&T. Discuss. -Brian
Hudson back in the bay!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX STI Sedan
I can't wait for spring training! Hudson should be a great fit, hopefully we sign Lopez back and we'll be set!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by d_heimbigner
I can't wait for spring training! Hudson should be a great fit, hopefully we sign Lopez back and we'll be set!
I couldn't agree more about Lopez. He's the only one in the BP aside from Romo that I trust with a game in a tight situation. Hopefully management will bring in an extra arm or two for the BP as well.

-Brian
Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 AM

I couldn't agree more about Lopez. He's the only one in the BP aside from Romo that I trust with a game in a tight situation. Hopefully management will bring in an extra arm or two for the BP as well. -Brian
Let's also not forget about the hole we have in left field though, the BP does need to be solidified, but we also need someone who can handle left field on a daily basis. But I am definitely looking forward to seeing what pence posy belt, and pagan are going to do in '14
Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 AM
VIP Member

Let's also not forget about the hole we have in left field though, the BP does need to be solidified, but we also need someone who can handle left field on a daily basis. But I am definitely looking forward to seeing what pence posy belt, and pagan are going to do in '14
Agreed wholeheartedly. I don't think I can stand another season of the Blanco plus-one platoon out in left.

-Brian
Old 11-20-2013, 11:46 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I dont know who had a more disappointing season

SF giants or LA dodgers

LA had HUGE names and sucked soooooooo bad at the beginning of the season. Our coach is an idiot just like yours.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
I dont know who had a more disappointing season

SF giants or LA dodgers

LA had HUGE names and sucked soooooooo bad at the beginning of the season. Our coach is an idiot just like yours.
I would hardly call the Dodgers season disappointing. They had a terrible start, then went on to win the division.

Maybe it's time the Dodgers pony up some cash and sign Robinson Cano for $300+ million
Old 11-20-2013, 12:15 PM
VIP Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by sigma pi
Our coach is an idiot just like yours.
I would take umbrage with that comment except our coach has two world series rings.

I figured it was only a matter of time before you showed up in here :P

-Brian
Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 PM

Let's also not forget about the hole we have in left field though, the BP does need to be solidified, but we also need someone who can handle left field on a daily basis.
After going on a spending spree re-signing Pence, Lincecum, Hudson, they don't want to spend more money on a big free agent OF. You'll probably see a platoon out in LF once again.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
After going on a spending spree re-signing Pence, Lincecum, Hudson, they don't want to spend more money on a big free agent OF. You'll probably see a platoon out in LF once again.
I sincerely hope not. It's not like there's no more money. It's just that the ownership may not be willing to spend it.

-Brian
Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM

I sincerely hope not. It's not like there's no more money. It's just that the ownership may not be willing to spend it. -Brian
Giants re sign Javier Lopez, 3 years 13 MILL!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:25 PM

I sincerely hope not. It's not like there's no more money. It's just that the ownership may not be willing to spend it.

-Brian
Sabean's already said in interviews that the Giants have cash, but are only interested in using that cash for pitchers right now. One of the media asked him if he's looking into OF Shin Soo Choo and he said it's not likely they will pursue him. He also said that pitching is their priority and that LF is on the back burner for now. So I would expect them to sign a journeyman OF to platoon with Blanco.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:44 PM
VIP Member

Exclamation

Sabean's already said in interviews that the Giants have cash, but are only interested in using that cash for pitchers right now. One of the media asked him if he's looking into OF Shin Soo Choo and he said it's not likely they will pursue him. He also said that pitching is their priority and that LF is on the back burner for now. So I would expect them to sign a journeyman OF to platoon with Blanco.
I know what Sabean's said, I just hope that at some point some of the higher ups look at what's been going down in the NL West and come to the realization that they're going to have to pony up a bit more to compete.

-Brian
Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I would hardly call the Dodgers season disappointing. They had a terrible start, then went on to win the division.

Maybe it's time the Dodgers pony up some cash and sign Robinson Cano for $300+ million
Agreed they did go on to win the west (after we brawled with half of it), but them were some dark days in the beginning. If we did not go on that run when Puig got called up......... no clue what would have happened this season. We havent won since 88, we are conditioned to look at the bad

Quick Reply: Official: SF Giants 2014 Season Thread!