Official: Raiders 2016/2017 Season

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Official: Raiders 2016/2017 Season

This will be the year we get back to the post season!
Old 04-30-2016, 12:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
This will be the year we get back to the post season!
What do you think of the draft?
Old 04-30-2016, 05:03 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I personally think you can trust Reggie, he's done pretty good at drafting. Not everything can be a hit and sometimes you gamble and it payoffs or doesn't work out (look at Mathieu for the Cardinals, besides the injury the guy is a stud and he was supposedly 1st round talent that dropped because of "character" issues)
Old 04-30-2016, 10:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I personally think you can trust Reggie, he's done pretty good at drafting. Not everything can be a hit and sometimes you gamble and it payoffs or doesn't work out (look at Mathieu for the Cardinals, besides the injury the guy is a stud and he was supposedly 1st round talent that dropped because of "character" issues)
Yeah... I'm sure it'll work out. I honestly wasn't sure about Carr. I was stoked on Mack. He was the one dude I wanted. But I wanted a WR at the Carr pick... but he turned out to be dope as hell.

My thoughts on this year...

1. Joseph. I'm happy with the player. Not happy with the slot. I really wish they had figured out how to trade down because they could have got him 10 slots later. To warrant getting picked up that high the dude is gonna have to be a monster... and he might be. Hits hard and has good ball awareness. He'll team up well with the other top 2 safeties. But he's smallish so I'm curious how that power is gonna translate to 255 pound TE's that run 4.5 40's. Besides trading down though... not sure who else I'd take there to tell you the truth. Couple good WR's. I might have gone with Neal. He's bigger and hits even harder... and wears my number. Overall... don't love it. Don't hate it.

2. This pick I hate. I think it's a horrible pick. Especially considering their next pick. Dude's a project with a knee problem. 3rd or 4th round... I'd love the pick. Not the second round. Before the draft I would have never said to pick an RB this high... but Henry could be the best back in the draft and he shouldn't have fallen that far. It's a more exciting pick. Considering they went with another DE in the 3rd round I would have even like a DT more. Robinson or Reed both make sense there.

3. Calhoun. I like this pick. I don't like it when you consider they just picked a DE in the second round. But in my opinion he's a better player. He could turn out to be a hell of a sack artist and combined with Smith and Mack they could be insane against the pass. Still need some help on run stopping though... which is why going with Reed in the second and Calhoun in the 3rd makes way more sense.

4. Cook. I kind of like this move. I don't like loosing the draft picks but it was a ballsy move. I was high on Cook going back to last year. As much as I am a fan of McGloin I think Cook wins the back up job and has the ability to step in and play if Carr goes down. And if he puts up some big preseason stats and has a good game or two over the next couple years they can trade him to Dallas or S.F. LOL!

5. Washington. I like them taking an RB there. They need one. But I'm not so sure they picked the right one. I think the Bears got the better back. He's higher risk but I think the Eagles got a better back in this round too. He's reasonably quick and built well but he's got crappy vision and can't block for ****. Only thing I can think of is that they're going to try him at returning kicks. To me just seems like another Helu but not as good.

6. I like Cory James here. He's a guy that can make the team and that's what you want at this point in the draft. If he played the way he plays and weighed 20 pounds more he'd have been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. Dude can make plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put a few pounds of muscle on and make some plays on the QB swapping in when Mack rests. Harrian Miller and Mike Thomas would have been good here too. I think the Rams got a guy combined with their QB pick that could put up good numbers in 2 or 3 years.

7. Alexandar. Dudes huge and was pretty good at LSU but I don't know if he'll be quick enough for the NFL. Practice Squad.

Don't hate the draft but I'm not super stoked either. I'm like the Jaguars draft class though. LOL!

Really wanted Jack to end up in Oakland. I think he sandbagged the draft to get his $5m payout. I think he's going to have a very good career... possibly a short one... like Willis. Dude combined with Mack would have been absolutely insane to watch.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 04-30-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...173338302.html

"An ATV accident will knock Oakland Raiders tight end Clive Walford out of the team's offseason work, which he could have used as an up-and-coming second-year player.
Walford injured his knee in an accident, Fox Sports first reported. The team is hopeful Walford will be back for training camp, perhaps for the beginning of it, the story said.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, the injury happened "a while ago" and involved a "big gash" on one of his knees. It's still just speculation on what exactly the injury is, though it's severe enough that it's keeping him out of action for at least three months.

Although there are plenty of ways to get hurt and you can't always anticipate injury doing recreational things, it's curious why Walford would apparently be on an ATV during such an important offseason for him. As a third-round pick last year he showed a lot of promise and was in line to take a big step in playing time this year. The team even reportedly was considering trading tight end Mychal Rivera earlier this offseason. That never happened, and probably won't now because the Raiders can't be sure when and if Walford will be healthy again this season.

Instead of preparing to take on on a prominent role with a Raiders team that might be on the verge of a breakout, Walford is recuperating from an ATV accident. Doesn't really seem worth it."
Old 05-04-2016, 10:07 AM
General Pimpin'

That sucks. That dude was starting to look pretty good and was part of why Oakland didn't draft a TE. They had a shot at a good one but went with the 2 guys they have. Good move... until now. Should bring Zach Miller back for the time being.