Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 06:27 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by iLoqin
^I'll support the Cards, GB will be there too. I also don't count out the Giants, they know how to make a run when in the playoffs.

AFC is gonna be New England/Denver/Pitt.
I don't think Denver will get there this year (which also looks to me like it will be Peyton Manning's last season). I do think the AFC representative could be: New England / Pittsburgh / or possibly Cincinnati.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Raiders could be scary good with another good draft. Peyton gone, Denver will be Cap Hell. Chargers are declining, and KC is being held back by injury and big contracts there too.

Raiders really have a chance to be top of AFCW next year. If they can overcome these issues after the bye week, they can do it this year to be honest. But no more losing winnable games. that doesn't work.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Raiders could be scary good with another good draft. Peyton gone, Denver will be Cap Hell. Chargers are declining, and KC is being held back by injury and big contracts there too.

Raiders really have a chance to be top of AFCW next year. If they can overcome these issues after the bye week, they can do it this year to be honest. But no more losing winnable games. that doesn't work.
Been saying that the last few years. That Oakland is doing the right thing and putting itself in position to have quite a few years of domination.

Denver is TERRIBLE without Manning and they have no one there to back him up. Their run game is week. They have a decent defense. But they're gonna have a 2-3 year drop off for sure.

SD is in the same boat with Rivers running out of steam.

KC is a couple key players and a new coach away from it.

I think if Oakland can keep in place what they have, stay healthy-ish, and make a few good FA and draft choices next year they have a shot at the playoffs next year. They need another WR, a different back up RB, at least 1 decent corner and a really good safety. All of which they can do in the draft next year. And I'd go after an o-line guy in the FA market. Draft isn't the best for lineman this year. Maybe next year.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:30 PM
aka FlukeWRX

NFL to host public hearings in Oakland, St. Louis, San Diego - NFL.com

"The NFL announced today that it will conduct public hearings later this month in Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego as part of the league's procedures for evaluating potential franchise relocations. The hearings will take place on October 27 (St. Louis), October 28 (San Diego) and October 29 (Oakland).

The purpose of these hearings is to provide an opportunity for fans and others in the community to ask questions and express their views directly to the NFL before any decisions are made about potential relocation of a club or clubs from a current market. Members of Commissioner Goodell’s executive staff will be in attendance to listen to comments and answer questions from the audience.

Each hearing will take place from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. local time and will be streamed live on NFL.com/publichearings.

The hearings are open to the public and a free entry pass is required to attend. Pre-registration to request an entry pass begins tomorrow. Information on how to submit your request is provided below.

Entry passes will be reserved for season ticket members of each team on a first-come, first-serve basis. Members of the community who are not season ticket members will also have the opportunity to request an entry pass on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Details and information on how to register for free entry:

- Online pre-registration and a non-transferable entry pass with a valid barcode is required for entry.

- Those interested in pre-registering to request an entry pass should visit the appropriate web page listed below.

- Registration availability is based on a first-come, first-serve basis and is subject to the available seating at each venue.

- Audience members who have the opportunity to provide comments will be allotted three minutes in order to enable as many people as possible to have their voice heard.

City-specific information:

- The St. Louis hearing will take place on October 27 at the Peabody Opera House (1400 Market Street). The pre-registration site is www.nfl.com/stlhearing and registration begins 8 a.m. CT tomorrow. Written comments may be submitted to stl.hearing@nfl.com tomorrow through November 13, 2015.

- The San Diego hearing will take place on October 28 at the Spreckels Theater (121 Broadway #600). The pre-registration site is www.nfl.com/sdhearing and registration begins 8 a.m. PT tomorrow. Written comments may be submitted to sd.hearing@nfl.com tomorrow through November 13, 2015.

- The Oakland hearing will take place on October 29 at the Paramount Theater (2025 Broadway). The pre-registration site is www.nfl.com/oakhearing and registration begins 8 a.m. PT tomorrow. Written comments may be submitted to oak.hearing@nfl.com tomorrow through November 13, 2015."
Old 10-19-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Denver is TERRIBLE without Manning and they have no one there to back him up. Their run game is week. They have a decent defense. But they're gonna have a 2-3 year drop off for sure.
The funny thing is ESPN is saying the Broncos are "winning in spite of their QB, not because of him." From Mike Sando:

Why Peyton Manning could cost Denver eventually - NFL

I don't have ESPN Insider, but from the 1st couple paragraphs, Sando says Broncos have a "dominant defense" having "overwhelmed a succession of struggling quarterbacks."

I haven't followed the Broncos much, and I am a Peyton Manning fan, so I don't know why he's had so many INTs lately, but I do know I'd still take him on my team if I was an owner. Looks like they changed a lot of things at Denver (coaching change, offensive change, etc).Still think he has a lot to offer in terms of wisdom and experience, and that he'd be much better than Kaepernick if he was with the 49ers. Manning to Boldin/Smith would be a deadly combo. Even with the niner's terrible OLine, he'd at least get the ball out much faster than Kap ever could. If Denver doesn't like him anymore, maybe the 49ers should make a trade, Kap for Manning lol
Old 10-20-2015, 01:16 PM
General Pimpin'

It's not all manning. It's a poor offensive game plan and a sub par offensive line. They have absolutely no run threat and with Mannings lack of mobility defenses can just blast for the QB without fear of getting beat.

They need to develop a better run game and start using the backs over the top of the line. Force them to think before they just run at the QB.

Right now Manning is back there just flinging crap all over the place because guys are in his face. I think he'll still have some good games this year but this team isn't very good and it's not going to be any time soon.

No run game. No QB. No depth anywhere on offense. Manning carried them despite themselves up until this year. Now he's just part of the problem.

Brock Osweiler and Trevor Siemian.... ESPN must not be paying attention to the depth chart. Denver is completely hosed if Manning goes down. They'll have to draft a QB in this draft and in order to do that they're gonna have to be in the top end of the draft. Which means no play offs this year.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:05 PM

Car Info: Nadda
uhh, Manning will still make 70% of teams out there better than they are now.

Which would you rather have? Legs or arm?
Old 10-20-2015, 09:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
uhh, Manning will still make 70% of teams out there better than they are now.

Which would you rather have? Legs or arm?
Unfortunately in his case he's got no legs and he's running out of arm. Right now it's just pure football IQ keeping him relevant.

Was thinking about it... teams he'd make better...
Steelers until Big Ben comes back.
Maybe the Dolphins.
Browns
Chiefs though I don't think QB is their main issue.
Bucks
Maybe the Rams
Maybe the Niners.

Honestly.. if you would have asked me last year I'd have agreed. This year... I don't. And I'm a huge fan of his. He's the smartest QB that's ever played the game and at this point the best that's ever played the game.

Few more years that POS Brady will be up there too. Though I'm a big fan of Favre and I think when all is said and done Rodgers will be in the mix as bet ever. If he has a long enough career and wins 2 rings he'll probably be the best. He'll probably get his first this year if Arizona doesn't stop him.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:06 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Few more years that POS Brady will be up there too. Though I'm a big fan of Favre and I think when all is said and done Rodgers will be in the mix as bet ever. If he has a long enough career and wins 2 rings he'll probably be the best. He'll probably get his first this year if Arizona doesn't stop him.
IMO Brady is the most adaptable QB to have ever played the game. Unlike other QB's who are really system QB's and have to be in the right system to succeed, Brady has changed his style of play every time it has been called for to suit the weapons they have on Offense.

As for Rodgers ... you mean his Second ring right? He already got the first one when the Packers beat the Steelers 31-25 in Super Bowl XLV (2/6/11).
Old 10-21-2015, 06:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by JelloChex
IMO Brady is the most adaptable QB to have ever played the game. Unlike other QB's who are really system QB's and have to be in the right system to succeed, Brady has changed his style of play every time it has been called for to suit the weapons they have on Offense.

As for Rodgers ... you mean his Second ring right? He already got the first one when the Packers beat the Steelers 31-25 in Super Bowl XLV (2/6/11).
That's usually what 2 means. 2 rings. Second ring. I think he'll win 1-2 more.

As for brady being the most adaptable QB in history. You're on crack. Brady is brady and he is absolutely the definition of a system QB. He's been in the same system for nearly his entire career with the same coach and many of the same players for years on end.

He's been the same QB his entire career. He's a smart QB that's mobile in the pocket. He's not a threat to run. He runs pretty much a west coast offense mainly in 3 and 4 receiver sets. Any truly dominant year he's had he's had a dominant tight end on top of quality receivers.

The list of quality guys around him is not short.

Adaptable would be someone like Steve Young or Rich Gannon. Guys that were runners that learned the position and became threats in and out of the pocket.

Brady is just like most of the other truly great QB's. They play on the same teams in the same system with the same coaches for most of their careers. Teams are built around them to make them excel and usually they step in the teams ready to roll.

Montana
Young
Brees
Manning
Brady
Marino
Elway
Favre

Great QB's can not be great without being in the right situation. Just how it is. Brady is a system QB. He's been very fortunate. He'll go down with very little argument from anyone as a top 3 QB of all time. That's amazing. Many will put him on top. I personally won't. But I won't hate those that do.

55,000 yards and a hand full of rings ain't nothing to scoff at. And he's got a couple more years in him. If he's smart he'll get out before he goes Manning/Montana.

Step out on top... or close to it.

Crazy thing to me is that Manning is nearly 20,000 yards ahead of him. Nuts.

Manning is done after this year though. So if he can play 5 more years he'll break the record... But I don't see it happening. He'll have to play until he's 43 or 44. He'll take an injury eventually. Manning would have more yards if he wasn't fighting the neck issue the last few years. Crazy man. Crazy.

I still have Manning number 1.

I got it like this.

Manning
Favre
Brady
Moon
Montana
Elway
Young
Rodgers (If he keeps going he'll end up top 3 for sure.)

Then you toss in all those other names.. unitas, starr, aikman, kelly. Etc.

Little bit of trivia for you.
Warren Moon. Had the NFL still not been racist be very close to the all time yardage leader. Combine stats... over 70,000 yards.

Another one... the guy people love to hate and give very little credit to.
Palmer... he'll probably retire with over 50,000 yards. LOL!

He's at 37,000 right now. He'll be close to 40 by years end. He's 35. He's in the right system for him. He's got 3 more good years in him. 3x4000 is 12,000

So he'll be in that ball park. Only 6 other guys have done that. And this is a dude that missed a lot of time with 2 knee surgeries and got benched by the dumbest coach ever. Dude went for over 4000 yards in oakland in 15 games... with no receivers. LOL!

I'm gonna laugh if he wins a ring this year and is in the hunt again next year. Retires with a ring and 50,000 yards. He'll basically be able to walk in the HOF and tell all the haters to stfu. Most under appreciated QB ever.

Late.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:13 PM

Car Info: Nadda
If we're talking GOAT then that list is terrible.

Superbowls do account for something, but even back in the day Marino was pretty good for what the game was back then (him and Moon were years ahead of time).

Montana
Elway (Awesome to repeat and go out on top, the older Big Ben)
Manning
Marino
Young (the fact that he stole Montana's job after he go hurt and did learn to pass as he was a running QB from Tampa Bay)
Aikman
Farve (that pick when he was in the NFC Championship game as a Viking... turned the team from nobodies to relevancy)
Moon

I put Manning there as it looks like his career is pretty much done. Hard to talk about current players in conjunction with the game back then.

Currently it'd be

Brady
Rodgers (If he can notch another 1-2 Superbowls, possibly take over Brady)
Manning (Yea he's almost retired)
Big Ben (Won one with a great defense, won the other with him performing at a high level)
Bree's is on his down turn.

Both wear 7, both extend plays, both look for the long bomb after pocket breaks.

Brady's a machine, very knowledgeable and always has a decent team, although it looked like early last season he was just making nobodies to somebodies (Rodgers + Manning can do that too) Personnel has spun around the door and he's made use of what he has. Came back from that knee injury like nothin' ever happened. Ending his prime.

Rodgers is just all around talented, mobile, can toss the rock any which way and fit it in small windows. Middle of his prime

Manning was just super smart, made nobodies to somebodies, read defenses pretty well and picked them apart. Twilight years.

Big Ben is in his prime as a QB and should be around for a while. (this dude is a star QB, so he got a pass on whatever lawsuit/allegations were on him. If he wasn't such the star, he'd have taken the Aldon Smith route)
Old 10-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Old School

CFL + NFL, Warren Moon must easily have the most yards. Shame he couldn't do it all in the NFL.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:38 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Hard to believe that was only win #3.

They've been competitive in every game but the home opening. Some more talent on defense and they may finally be a rebuilt team.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Old School

They easily could be a 5-1 team... If not for Jano missing 2-3 FGs in one game and Murray fumbling, and tipping for an INT, two critical turn overs.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:12 PM

Is it just me or does Carr like to throw on his back leg pretty much every time? Seems like a cardinal sin to have like 80% of your weight on the back leg when making a throw. I don't see him step into a throw much.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread