Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 03:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Hard to believe that was only win #3.

They've been competitive in every game but the home opening. Some more talent on defense and they may finally be a rebuilt team.
They'll be able to fix most of their defense issues in the draft next year. It's a good defensive draft and they know exactly what they need.

They should also be able to add some talent at RB in round 5 if they're smart.

They've got a good core finally. And they're competitive so free agency next year should go a little better.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
They'll be able to fix most of their defense issues in the draft next year. It's a good defensive draft and they know exactly what they need.

They should also be able to add some talent at RB in round 5 if they're smart.

They've got a good core finally. And they're competitive so free agency next year should go a little better.
That and they'll be in LA
Old 10-27-2015, 04:17 PM
General Pimpin'

I really hope note. You'd think they'd learn that LA is not a football town.

Raiders failed. Rams failed.

Charges are doing alright. Running at like 95% of capacity on sales on average.

Oakland is one of the worst so it probably couldn't get much worse but splitting a stadium is a retarded idea.

I don't know how in the hell it would happen but I'd love to see a new stadium for the raiders. Even if it's still a split stadium with the A's. Put it on the water side across from the Giants ball park. Be rad.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:05 PM

Car Info: Nadda
The team is turning the corner, you can tell by their play. They play games and lose them closely (or can win within a drive defensively/offensively) and that's where you want to be, eventually teams figure out how to win those games in the final moments on either side of the ball. Lookin' good.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I really hope note. You'd think they'd learn that LA is not a football town.

Raiders failed. Rams failed.

Charges are doing alright. Running at like 95% of capacity on sales on average.

Oakland is one of the worst so it probably couldn't get much worse but splitting a stadium is a retarded idea.

I don't know how in the hell it would happen but I'd love to see a new stadium for the raiders. Even if it's still a split stadium with the A's. Put it on the water side across from the Giants ball park. Be rad.
SD attendance by their fans is like 35%... terrible.

Oakland can't do much or enough for Davis. Raiders will be in LA, or somewhere else.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:48 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Oh snap! I think the Raiders are even impressing themselves. This staff has finally steered the ship in the right direction.

I don't think they can settle for anything but a winning record this season after seeing what they've been able to do this year. Anything below 8 wins would be a disappointment now.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:52 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Pretty big game for Cooper vs Revis. One of the top talents in the game, I didn't think the Raiders would move the ball like that.

So far it looks like a good recipe starting to develop, guys are running hard and the team is starting to put up points and making it look easy. That's a good recipe, get a lead and let the defense pin their ears back and make interceptions/sacks.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 AM
General Pimpin'

Oakland is looking more and more legit and they still have room to grow.

I think they'll have the right slot in the first round to snag a top end Safety or ILB in the draft this year. Look DB in the second... or o-line.

They've still got some cap space so they could probably swing a decent offensive lineman or LB in FA. Maybe bring in another WR next year and improve at TE... or just develop who we have.

I see the team being even better next year and our division foes should all be worse across the board... sept maybe KC. They'll be better because their RB will be back and they'll have some decent draft picks to improve on defense and WR.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Old School

That lose sucked... We can't contain such a beast of a WR.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Even with Brown going bananas they were in the game till the last second. Sucks to see them fight back and let it slip away.

At least this wasn't the same old Raiders we're all used to. This is a real football team with a couple defensive pieces away from being dangerous.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:32 PM
General Pimpin'

No one can. We know our corners aren't that good. I'm more concerned over Williams going for 225 total yards and 2 TD's. That's a much bigger issue.

But the Steelers were/are in the super bowl talks. The fact that the Raiders hung with them despite 4 turn overs and a mosterous offensive game is a step in the right direction.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Old School

Playoffs look waaaaaay distant now
Old 11-24-2015, 04:11 PM

Playoffs look waaaaaay distant now
"Playoffs?... Playoffs? You're talking about- playoffs?"

I'm not surprised that the defense is letting the team down, but seeing the offense regress this fast is mind bottling
Old 11-24-2015, 08:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
"Playoffs?... Playoffs? You're talking about- playoffs?"

I'm not surprised that the defense is letting the team down, but seeing the offense regress this fast is mind bottling
The defense was doing way better than I expected but I'm not surprised to see it regress. I honestly think Smith was doing more than people think. I think that dude gets his mind right and gets back next year and Oakland's defense is gonna be really good. Why? Because they're gonna draft defense in the draft this year. They're probably gonna go with something like Jack or Smith or even King in the first round. Fuller or Jetter in the second... though I'd kinda like to see Kearse fall to them. 6'5" 220... Reminds me of Taylor. Not as much of a beat though... but still curiousity there.

After that... who the hell knows. I could see them going with OT Murphy in the 3rd. Or Thompson... he'd be a good pick there. 6'1. Good football IQ.

4th... maybe they Marz or take a flyer on Williams at TE.

If they don't take a safety and at least 2 CB's in this draft I'll be surprised. Hell... I'd consider taking a flyer on Doug Middleton out in the last round. Out of the 7th round I think this dude is the most likely starter in the quickest amount of time. He's a 6 footer with good weight. He's got a good head on his shoulders and a good football IQ. He's a dude that used to be a corner and got his jump late in his college career. He's gotten better really quick. He could literally play both safety slots and move to corner if they needed him too. He's got good ball skills. Good hands. And he'd be solid on special teams and could return kicks in a pinch. I'd pick this dude in the 7th in a heart beat.

He's my sleeper pick of the draft.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:49 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Michael Crabtree signing extension with Raiders - NFL.com

Looks like the Raiders locked up Crabtree, but the article doesn't give the specific details of the contract (though it looks like it may be worth about $8 Million/year it doesn't state how long the contract is for).

UPDATED ARTICLE:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...year-extension

"Crabtree and the Raiders agreed to a four-year, $35 million contract extension on Wednesday, a source informed of the deal told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. The deal, which is expected to be finalized soon, includes nearly $19 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported."

Last edited by JelloChex; 12-09-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread