Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
If the Raiders move, I'm going to be a Seahawks fan.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 PM

Crabtree signs 1 year $3m deal with an additional $2m in incentives.

Cheap deal, but I don't expect him to stay a Raider after 1 season, and he'll probably skip training camp as usual.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:13 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Crabtree signs 1 year $3m deal with an additional $2m in incentives.

Cheap deal, but I don't expect him to stay a Raider after 1 season, and he'll probably skip training camp as usual.
He could skip all of camp and a few games and still be as good as any other receiver on the roster
Old 04-14-2015, 03:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
He could skip all of camp and a few games and still be as good as any other receiver on the roster
I'm not a big fan of this signing. But he has proven that he's a capable receiver when healthy... when he wants to play. Not a good combination for a rebuilding team. He pretty much only plays when the playoffs are in site.

But... what this does do is give Oakland the flexibility to deal that 4th pick in a trade and target a WR farther down in the draft. There are quality talents available down in to the second round.

This also allows them to take Leonard Williams if he drops and still have better WR's then they had last year.

Here's what I see them thinking...

Leonard Williams with the 4th pick. Devin Smith in the second. I'm sure they'd take Gordon if he fell to them or Agholor or even Green-Beckham.

If Williams isn't available I think they consider a trade to the Rams or browns. Target either Parker or Strong maybe Agholor farther down in the draft. Go Shaq Thompson or Owamagbe Odighizuwa in the second.

I wouldn't mind seeing them trade out of the DE is off the board. They can still get a quality WR and maybe even an RB out of the deal and have a couple extra picks to play with for defense.

Option 3... they keep it. Go with White in the first.

Signing make sense if that's what they're thinking. They'll get 1 year out of Crabtree. They'll get 1 year to see if the dude they drafted is legit... and they can target a WR next year to replace crabtree.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Sounds like Tenn gonna trade out of that 2 slot. Means that Williams will probably be available to Oakland.

I wouldn't be bummed if they went with him at the 4 slot and then picked up Strong/Agholor or even Gordon with the second pick. Take that corner from Standford in the 3rd.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Old School

There is some serious talk about Raiders trading for AP...

AP + Carr would be insane if we also got some good WRs. Keep D#s honest.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:07 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
There is some serious talk about Raiders trading for AP...

AP + Carr would be insane if we also got some good WRs. Keep D#s honest.
Yeah but trading what? If they trade anything over a 4th round pick for him I'd be irritated.

He's a media nightmare. He hasn't played in a year. And he's 30.

He's a good 30 because he's essentially had 2 year off during his career. But still.

If they can get him for a 4th round pick I'd say o.k. There are 3-4 pretty solid RB's in this draft.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:08 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I personally don't see the Raiders trading for Peterson. They already picked up Roy Helu Jr. earlier in the offseason (and some other schmo that was a 1st round pick, but hasn't lived up to that expectation yet and may not ever). I'd say they would be better off using Latavius Murray, Roy Helu Jr., and then pick up another RB in the draft.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:44 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by JelloChex
I personally don't see the Raiders trading for Peterson. They already picked up Roy Helu Jr. earlier in the offseason (and some other schmo that was a 1st round pick, but hasn't lived up to that expectation yet and may not ever). I'd say they would be better off using Latavius Murray, Roy Helu Jr., and then pick up another RB in the draft.
Even with that schmo, that at least gives them a little depth to share the workload. If the Raiders are going to try and right the ship, they're going to have to rely on a consistent running game. Relying on Carr to throw 40+ times a games last season was absurd.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Even with that schmo, that at least gives them a little depth to share the workload. If the Raiders are going to try and right the ship, they're going to have to rely on a consistent running game. Relying on Carr to throw 40+ times a games last season was absurd.
Curious what your point is?

Murray looked pretty good last year and he's fast. 25 years old. 5 yard average and 550 total yards. We can expect that average to come down but the yards to go up/ He's a good change of pace back. Call it 800-1000 total yards.

Roy Helu Jr is also fast and can break a tackle. 26 years old. He'll be your spell/depth back. He'll be good for 350-450 total yards and he'll be good if there's an injury.

T.Rich. Dude's 24. He showed he had potential as a rookie. Last year he went for like 800 yards but had some crappy averages. I think he understands this is his chance to improve... and if he plays well he gets paid. I would not be surprised to see him getting a good chunk of carries and catching a LOT of ***** out of the backfield. I see him as the passing back. 800 total yards.

That's 3 young backs with decent upside that are cheap. I think between the 3 of them we're in pretty good shape. Good enough shape that we don't need to make some retarded trade for A.P. Unless it's something like T.Rich or Helu and a 5th round pick. That would be good. You'd end up with an upgrade without loosing too much in the draft and without loosing depth. And neither of them were Raiders last year anyways.

If anything I'd rather see them take a swing at an RB lower in the draft. Someone with upside that maybe isn't NFL ready yet. If T.Rich pans out you can always do something with Helu to make room for more carries for the guy next year.

Yeldon or Allen might be worth it somewhere in the 4th round but I think they both go in the 3rd. I wouldn't draft an RB that high unless one of the top 2 guys falls in their laps in the second round.

If it was me... I'd stick with the 3 that they have and take a flyer on Karlos Williams in 5th round. The dude has like 1 year of RB experience under his belt. He's shown a lot of upside. He could be moved back to defense if need be. But he's got a shady past and didn't have that great of a year last year. Big upside. Big downside. Low risk in the 5th.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:39 PM
General Pimpin'

I'm not stoked on this pick. It's one of those protect yourself kind of picks.

I can not figure out why the hell they didn't take Williams. You're talking about possibly the best player in the draft falling to you at the number 4 slot and you take a WR?

This is a ridiculously deep draft at WR. Cooper is the safe pick but to me White is hands down the best wr in the draft.

Fact is... you can not get a player of the caliber of Williams in the second round but you can get a quality starting WR.

Poor draft selection.

I think he'll be good, I really do. But he's gonna have to be a top 10 receiver out of the gate to warrant not picking Williams.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Least it shows they're committed to their QB.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:52 PM

Car Info: Nadda
No! Start new thread!
Old 04-30-2015, 06:20 PM
General Pimpin'

You do it.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Old School

Official: Oakland Raiders 2014/2015 Season Thread

Originally Posted by iLoqin
No! Start new thread!
This IS the new thread. I just put the wrong years in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread