Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I agree. I'm not sure wtf they're thinking.

But Hunter is not a number 1. They need to start looking for a new RB.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Matt Flynn is now officially the #3QB. He's done as a Raider.

Sucks that we gave up $$$ and picks for him. He's produced nothing but doo doo. Here and in Seattle.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Matt Flynn is now officially the #3QB. He's done as a Raider.

Sucks that we gave up $$$ and picks for him. He's produced nothing but doo doo. Here and in Seattle.
Correction... he's done in the NFL.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Car Info: Nadda
He's been done. Injury prone and terrible game play. Such a steal for the Seahawks, who seem to be ramping up in a hurry.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
He's been done. Injury prone and terrible game play. Such a steal for the Seahawks, who seem to be ramping up in a hurry.
I felt like Seattle and S.F. were two of the better operators this past offseason and the one before.

Seattle is definitely pulling ahead.

I felt like S.F. made a huge mistake by not doing more at the WR position. They banked WAY to hard on crabtree being healthy and he never has been.

This move is just weird. McCoy is a good back up but that's really it. They must see something in Skelton no one else sees. Only thing I can come up with is that they're gonna dump McCoy as well.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I felt like Seattle and S.F. were two of the better operators this past offseason and the one before.

Seattle is definitely pulling ahead.

I felt like S.F. made a huge mistake by not doing more at the WR position. They banked WAY to hard on crabtree being healthy and he never has been.

This move is just weird. McCoy is a good back up but that's really it. They must see something in Skelton no one else sees. Only thing I can come up with is that they're gonna dump McCoy as well.
Well Seattle has to hold Bj Daniels on the 53 man roster. That is also held with Tavaris Jackson. So it could be possible the 49ers are banking that they aren't going to hold 3 on a 53 man roster.

Either way, Skelton was drafted in 2010, maybe he needs some correction. But I still think there was a lot less to correct with BJ Daniels, and he was a much better candidate with a blank slate that has potential to hold a lot in.

I still think Bj Daniels will be a starting QB somewhere, the dude looked pretty smooth and can make a difference starting anywhere already. He can move, which is great when you have a trash o-line (which more than half the NFL has) and he has touch on the ball, very very similar if not a mirror to Russell Wilson, IMO he won a spot on the roster. I still don't think Skelton or McCoy is it... definitely not McCoy.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Sorry but Oakland needs to pick this dude up.
Y! SPORTS

I think he's getting screwed by that organization.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 PM
General Pimpin'

Well Seattle has to hold Bj Daniels on the 53 man roster. That is also held with Tavaris Jackson. So it could be possible the 49ers are banking that they aren't going to hold 3 on a 53 man roster.

Either way, Skelton was drafted in 2010, maybe he needs some correction. But I still think there was a lot less to correct with BJ Daniels, and he was a much better candidate with a blank slate that has potential to hold a lot in.

I still think Bj Daniels will be a starting QB somewhere, the dude looked pretty smooth and can make a difference starting anywhere already. He can move, which is great when you have a trash o-line (which more than half the NFL has) and he has touch on the ball, very very similar if not a mirror to Russell Wilson, IMO he won a spot on the roster. I still don't think Skelton or McCoy is it... definitely not McCoy.

agreed. McCoy/Skelton... career back ups. BJ Daniels... could be a starter. I'd go with that any day. It's easy to find a back up in the NFL.

Beyond the fact that your line is used to a certain type of player... having a similar player as back up is a reasonable idea.

Seattle now has that. S.F.... does not.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Sorry but Oakland needs to pick this dude up.
Y! SPORTS

I think he's getting screwed by that organization.
You are trippin.

Proyor can throw almost as well. But can run so much better and makes defenses miss. Pryors upside is insane.

Freeman belongs in jax or min
Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 PM

agreed. McCoy/Skelton... career back ups. BJ Daniels... could be a starter. I'd go with that any day. It's easy to find a back up in the NFL.

Beyond the fact that your line is used to a certain type of player... having a similar player as back up is a reasonable idea.

Seattle now has that. S.F.... does not.
Not even close. I still cringe of McCoy taking the reins if Kaep goes down. It's black and white.

I think a lot of football, or half of it on offense is also about "backyard" football, where you're just scrambling and tossing a rock to someone who worked their way open. I know teams practice it, but in the game it's just backyard football, running around and waiting for someone to create some space, or a sick toss for an open receiver. John Elway used to be able to extend plays for those 2 superbowl run years, yea they the run game, but when he passed on extended plays, he was the best of the best. Tons of guys on **** o-line teams make it somewhat workable if they're mobile.

Pocket collapses, or didn't find the open guy, have the speed or the threat of speed to give your team a chance.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:49 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
You are trippin.

Proyor can throw almost as well. But can run so much better and makes defenses miss. Pryors upside is insane.

Freeman belongs in jax or min
I know. I've been on the pryor band wagon since the sup draft. I'm one of the few. In fact I don't think I talked to anyone that agreed with me. LOL!

But freeman is a better back up than anyone else we have right now. But yeah he'd be a better fit in jacksonville that needs a starter that can play now. But they don't want to win. They want that top draft pick.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Not even close. I still cringe of McCoy taking the reins if Kaep goes down. It's black and white.

I think a lot of football, or half of it on offense is also about "backyard" football, where you're just scrambling and tossing a rock to someone who worked their way open. I know teams practice it, but in the game it's just backyard football, running around and waiting for someone to create some space, or a sick toss for an open receiver. John Elway used to be able to extend plays for those 2 superbowl run years, yea they the run game, but when he passed on extended plays, he was the best of the best. Tons of guys on **** o-line teams make it somewhat workable if they're mobile.

Pocket collapses, or didn't find the open guy, have the speed or the threat of speed to give your team a chance.

Look at Favre. Dude played behind a garbage 0-line for most of his career. Big Ben. Etc. You have to be able to make the first guy miss... maybe the first 2. Doesn't mean you have to run the 40 in 4.3 but you gotta be able to move. Otherwise you're just joe flacco.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:53 PM
General Pimpin'

I'll just leave this here.
Y! SPORTS
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I'll just leave this here.
Y! SPORTS
Waste of resources. This team should be focussing on fixing the o-line. Get that problem solved, then worry about who's throwing the ball.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Waste of resources. This team should be focussing on fixing the o-line. Get that problem solved, then worry about who's throwing the ball.
I agree and I believe Pryor can do it. At least for now. Hell I have more faith in him than McFadden. He just needs some receivers. I wouldn't even mind seeing them pick a TE. There's a couple nice looking ones in the draft this year.

But it really depends on how much it would cost them. Matt Flynn is toast so they can free up some dough there.

But with the injury news over in Buffalo I think that's where he'll end up.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread