Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Hayden, good pick for the Raiders. I think it's a lot better than Mathieu, keep a clean image for the new Oakland rebuild.
He's a solid dude and I like him but that's a terrible pick.

Floyd and Star were BOTH still on the board. Both of those guys are INSTANT impact players at a position the Raiders desperately need improvement. If you can build a rock solid line you have the foundations of a great defense.

Having a great corner means jack crap without it. You draft corners when you already have great LB's and defensive lineman. In my opinion it's one of the worst picks of the first round. My only hope is that they rebound in the second round and do something solid with that pick.

Beyond that... there are 2-4 other DB's that I would rate higher or as high as Hayden and they would have had a shot at them lower in the draft.

1st round... take Floyd... PERIOD. Second round you go for someone like Hopkins who would have slid to the second round with Hayden off the board. Taylor, Banks, Slay, Tryann.... all of those dudes are valid picks and probably starters... at least as probably as Hayden is and you can get any of them in the second round.

If you don't want than then go for someone like Ogletree or Minter.

They made a monumental mistake. Monumental.

In the position Oakland is in they don't need a first round corner. They would have been better off trading out of the first round completely if they wanted a corner with their first pick.

The teams that are winning in this draft and showing why they are going to be teams to worry about for the next 5-10 years...

1. Vikings. Killing it.

S.F. made a solid move and pick. The colts made the right choice for their team. Lions as well. And I actually like the E.J. Manual pick.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
He's a solid dude and I like him but that's a terrible pick.

Floyd and Star were BOTH still on the board. Both of those guys are INSTANT impact players at a position the Raiders desperately need improvement. If you can build a rock solid line you have the foundations of a great defense.

Having a great corner means jack crap without it. You draft corners when you already have great LB's and defensive lineman. In my opinion it's one of the worst picks of the first round. My only hope is that they rebound in the second round and do something solid with that pick.

Beyond that... there are 2-4 other DB's that I would rate higher or as high as Hayden and they would have had a shot at them lower in the draft.

1st round... take Floyd... PERIOD. Second round you go for someone like Hopkins who would have slid to the second round with Hayden off the board. Taylor, Banks, Slay, Tryann.... all of those dudes are valid picks and probably starters... at least as probably as Hayden is and you can get any of them in the second round.

If you don't want than then go for someone like Ogletree or Minter.

They made a monumental mistake. Monumental.

In the position Oakland is in they don't need a first round corner. They would have been better off trading out of the first round completely if they wanted a corner with their first pick.

The teams that are winning in this draft and showing why they are going to be teams to worry about for the next 5-10 years...

1. Vikings. Killing it.

S.F. made a solid move and pick. The colts made the right choice for their team. Lions as well. And I actually like the E.J. Manual pick.
Yea, I agree on D-line, it starts there.

I'm still concerned for the 49ers, but they got an early pick second round. They definitely need help on the D.Line.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
And you're basing that on what?

This has been their most sensible offseason in a decade. Maybe you're still stuck in Post-Superbowl Al Davis Mode?
I agreed until they picked a DB with a heart condition in the first round when 2 of the best defensive lineman available where still on the board along with 3-4 solid linebackers. Could have filled the DB slot in the second round and ended up with a better player.

I like the dude. Don't get me wrong... but that's a bad move in the first round. He hasn't made all that many great plays. He's a reasonable tackler for a guy that is under 6 feet and under 200 pounds. He's a decent cover guy. But corners don't change a defense. Line Backers and defensive lineman do. The one thing I do like is I think he has the right attitude and the right heart. I think he'll be a good player.

A corner can't succeed if his line sucks.

Slay is faster. Bigger. And has way more upside and could have been picked up as low as the 3rd round.

Tyrann.... dude makes plays. He's a gamer. If you want a smaller DB this is the dude you should pick. I firmly believe this dude is going to make a difference on the right team.

Taylor. Faster. Stronger. Better at the line. 2nd round.

Hayden is a hype pick. He's a good story. He was playing well before he got hurt but not amazing. He might be able to run a 4.33... maybe. Honestly feels like an Al Davis pick.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Yea, I agree on D-line, it starts there.

I'm still concerned for the 49ers, but they got an early pick second round. They definitely need help on the D.Line.
Yeah they need some help there.

When they traded up I thought for sure they were going after Floyd. Eric is a good pick up for them though. They had a huge hole to fill at safety... huge. And they still have an excellent defensive line. It's just not deep.

I think they could be going for someone like Escobar in the second round or maybe Hunt or Okafor if they're still on the board.

In my opinion the Raiders might as well just give away their draft picks from here on out. They seriously screwed themselves.

Now they're probably gonna go offensive line like Long or Winters. With my luck they'll pick ****ing Gino.

I say screw it... Take Lacy.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Both Star and Floyd had issues getting pressure and penetration on passing downs and fell for a reason. Floyd has short arms which is important since if a lineman can get his hands on your chest he can control where you go. Also linebackers do not make a defense. You should draft them late unless its a Willis or Kechley. The perimeter, guys with ball skills, and defensive line matter the most. The heart issue is just like Star's, a non issue going forward.

I also disagree with the vikings doing well. They traded almost everything for the next few round in a draft that is deep. SF also reached but got a S they wanted that worked in their system. The colts drafted a guy who will be playing OLB when he mainly played DE and the Lions picked the guy with the highest probability of being a Bust.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I agreed until they picked a DB with a heart condition in the first round when 2 of the best defensive lineman available where still on the board along with 3-4 solid linebackers. Could have filled the DB slot in the second round and ended up with a better player.

I like the dude. Don't get me wrong... but that's a bad move in the first round. He hasn't made all that many great plays. He's a reasonable tackler for a guy that is under 6 feet and under 200 pounds. He's a decent cover guy. But corners don't change a defense. Line Backers and defensive lineman do. The one thing I do like is I think he has the right attitude and the right heart. I think he'll be a good player.

A corner can't succeed if his line sucks.

Slay is faster. Bigger. And has way more upside and could have been picked up as low as the 3rd round.

Tyrann.... dude makes plays. He's a gamer. If you want a smaller DB this is the dude you should pick. I firmly believe this dude is going to make a difference on the right team.

Taylor. Faster. Stronger. Better at the line. 2nd round.

Hayden is a hype pick. He's a good story. He was playing well before he got hurt but not amazing. He might be able to run a 4.33... maybe. Honestly feels like an Al Davis pick.
They are as desperate for depth ar CB as anywhere else on defense. I can see the first pick going for any good defensive player. Maybe RM has a trade or a free agent in mind for a pass rusher until a better draft class comes around?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
They are as desperate for depth ar CB as anywhere else on defense. I can see the first pick going for any good defensive player. Maybe RM has a trade or a free agent in mind for a pass rusher until a better draft class comes around?
Then trade farther down and get another pick.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 AM

That's what I said earlier.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 AM

Bye Shane Lechler, enjoy Houston. Hello Chris Kluwe from Minnesota
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM

Bye Shane Lechler, enjoy Houston. Hello Chris Kluwe from Minnesota
I guess they don't have a lot of faith in Marquette King?

Also well Cribbs for a much needed return game improvement.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM

Hayden in the hospital. Raiders just can't get them picks right. Not sayin he'll be out when the season starts or the surgery has anything related to his heart issue. Just a failed gamble?

Crabtree had a foot issue when he was first drafted, kinda kept coming back up until last year.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:25 PM
General Pimpin'

I wonder who it was that said that was a bad pick...
Old 05-29-2013, 02:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Just sayin....
Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 PM
General Pimpin'

"Hayden is expected to miss the remainder of the Raiders offseason workouts and practices, but he should be ready to go again when training camp begins in late July."

Sounds like it's not that big of a deal. Hopefully he gets up to speed and proves me wrong. Dude with that kind of speed can help a lot... if he stays on the field.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
He had some scar tissue from the hear surgery. It gave him some stomach aches at times so it was decided they should remove it now and be done with it.

He'll be fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread