Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I freaking told you.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-ya...181356528.html

There is no way in hell he's playing QB for the seahawks. They brought him in to be an emergency QB if a couple guys get hurt, to play CK7 in practice and to covert to a WR.

Something the Raiders should have done and he clearly doesn't want to do.

So the question is... is he willing to do it for Seattle?

My guess... B.J. is gonna get dumped. They'll carry Wilson as a starter. Jackson is a great back up for them. Knows the system and can run it. Then they'll have a guy that they're teaching how to be a WR that is on roster in case of an emergency.

B.J..... Niners might just take him back. LOL! I wouldn't mind seeing him in Oakland either if they don't draft one. I think he's got potential. Could see him end up in Detroit or Cleveland too.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Just looked at Oakland schedule... biggest question next year is going to be Winston, Mariota or Petty.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Just looked at Oakland schedule... biggest question next year is going to be Winston, Mariota or Petty.
Not that bad. I don't think KC or SD is that much of a challenge. I don't see worst record in the NFL.

But hard to see a winning record.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Not that bad. I don't think KC or SD is that much of a challenge. I don't see worst record in the NFL.

But hard to see a winning record.

1: Improved Jets team. I could see them winning that one. But I think the Jets are improved. I think the Jets win it.
2: Houston. I think they win this one just because Schaub is pissed.
3: NE. NE should win this one but I have a feeling Oakland wins. Might be because I hate NE.
4: Miami. I think they win this. One.
5: San Diego isn't all that bad. I say this is 50/50
6: Loss
7: Loss
8: Loss
9: Loss
10: Loss
11: Win
12: Loss
13: Loss
14: Loss
15: Win
16: Loss

5 wins tops. They'll have a top 5 pick again next year. People are going to want to set Schaub on fire even though I bet he has a good year and the offense is competitive. I bet he passes for 4400 with a rating around 92.

I think the Raiders are way better but this schedule is INSANE.

Jets are going to be much better than they were last year. This years Cinci.
Houston can't help but get better but that's the weakest game of the schedule. They loose that and we're talking top 2 pick in the draft.
NE tough.
Miami will be better but they should win that.
SD's offense is no joke. But it's winable.
Arizona is pretty good.
Cleveland was pretty good last year and they'll be better this year.

I can see them getting through there either 5-2 just as easily as 2-5. I'm gonna say 4/3.

Then they hit the stretch of... wtf.

Seattle
Denver
SD again.
KC. They're better at WR. Still have charles and still ahve a good defense.
St. Louis was better than they appeared last year. Not a soft week here at all
SF
KC again.
Buffalo
Denver again.

They could serious loose ALL of those games. If Schaub plays off the hook and the Raiders draft a WR who turns out to be the next Josh Gordon and McFadden shows up... they could win 3 or 4.

But quite honestly... I think they have some spirit troubles and people start blowing up on Schaub and the staff and mcfadden...etc. This is where the cookie crumbles. Just like it did last year.

2-7.

So that's 6-10 and that's me being a Raiders fan for life. If they pull out a miracle season and it turns out they had faith in all the right people they could pull out a 7-9 season. If they do that people should bow down to their improvement.

But realistically we might be looking at 4 win season and a BUNCH of really close games.

This schedule is retarded.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:50 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Not good for the Raiders
Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Not good for the Raiders
Depends on how you look at it. They have some really good young players right now. If they're smart and don't jump at the quick fix this draft they could end up with 4 quality players out of this draft... Maybe even 5.

So if they tank this year we're looking at another round of top end draft picks.

If they draft smart in that draft now you're talking about a young team with 10-15 truly quality young players on it.

That's the start of changing the team around long term. I'd rather have 1 more bad year to see 10 years of the Raiders being what the Raiders used to be than a decent year followed by a bunch more what if years.

I'd rather see them end up in the top 5 again than go 7-9 and end up in the 15-20 range. Next season will be the first time in a while that a true RB star will be in the draft and there should be 3-4 QB's as good or better than every QB in this draft.

I'm keeping my eyes on Todd Gurley (6'1 230 and athletic as hell, questions if he'll declare but if he's healthy this year he'll declare. Talking number 1 back in the draft. He won't pass that up), Melvin Gordon if he comes out (6'1 probably be about 212 by draft time, good head on his shoulders), and T.J. Yeldon (6'2 220. He might stay in another year. He's looking at a low first high second round pick. If he stays another year he could set some records and push himself to a top 12 pick in 2016).

All 3 of those guys plus a few others are gonna be killer. Finally a good RB draft.

Oakland ends up top 3-5 they should got QB. If they end up 5-15 they should take an RB and pick up a QB in the second round. 15-20 QB. 20-25 they should draft Devin Funchess.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 PM
General Pimpin'

I just saw this....
Raiders add 11 undrafted free agents | CSN Bay Area

I hope that kid from SJ state makes the team. Noel Grigsby. If he hadn't of blown out his knee in the second game of the season he finishes as the best WR in SJ State history and one of the best in devision history. Probably helps Fales get drafted higher and helps SJ St. be a even better than they were... and ends up a 4th round draft pick probably.

But he had to get surgery. If he's recovered from it he could be a pretty solid WR. Kids got good hands and he's a crafty route runner.

D.J. Coles missed all of 2012. Dude is big. He could be pretty good too.

Scott Simonson is a big dude but he actually plays like a WR. He'll probably be a practice squad guy but he's pretty good.

Jake Murphy might actually make the roster. I think he made a bad decision. He skipped his senior year and went in to a draft stocked at TE. He's got great hands.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:30 AM
General Pimpin'

We're gonna have to start a new thread for this season.

You guys see this? Raiders claim former Browns WR Greg Little off waivers - CBSSports.com

Soon as I heard about the release I knew he'd end up either here or in Carolina.

I honestly hope this dude shows up and shows some of what people thought he was gonna be when he got drafted.

But what I see is just another really fast dude with brick hands. This guy was probably one of the worst starting WR in NFL history over the last few years. Definitely in the NFL.

50% as a rookie. O.K. you're a rookie. Whatever.

58% as a second year player.... O.K. cool you're getting better. But he had 30 less chances.

Last year.... 41%. That's TERRIBLE! 41 percent and he wasn't even the main guy last year. All the attention was on Josh. It should have been the best year of his career but it was his worst.

The only thing he has going for him is once he catches it he's solid. Good moves. No fumbles. Etc.

So if Oakland can figure out how to teach him to catch he'll be good. But right now... I hope he doesn't make the roster.

Moore is the number 1.
Streater is the number 2 for now.
James Jones is a killer WR for a 3.
Then you have Holmes as the 4.

That's a pretty good 4.

Now fighting for the last probably 2 slots is...

Criner (big upside)
Little (had 3 years to prove he can catch)
Butler. Second year player. Nice upside.
Green. Nice athlete but he'll probably hit the practice squad.
Roberts. If he makes it he'll probably be another PS guy.
Davis. PS player.
Jenkins. Possible return man (might be where they try and plug in Little)
Grigsby. This dude to me is the guy they need to evaluate the hardest. I'd rather have him that Little. He's got natural hands. Had he gone in the draft last year he's a 3/4 round draft. But he put in another year and got hurt. Even playing 2 games he holds the record for SJ State. Plays the whole season he'd hold it for the division. If he's really back from his knee injury he can play.

I'd like to see them keep the first 4. Criner. Butler. Grisby.

That's a lot of WR's though. They'll probably keep 6.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Old School

We're gonna have to start a new thread for this season.

You guys see this? Raiders claim former Browns WR Greg Little off waivers - CBSSports.com

Soon as I heard about the release I knew he'd end up either here or in Carolina.

I honestly hope this dude shows up and shows some of what people thought he was gonna be when he got drafted.

But what I see is just another really fast dude with brick hands. This guy was probably one of the worst starting WR in NFL history over the last few years. Definitely in the NFL.

50% as a rookie. O.K. you're a rookie. Whatever.

58% as a second year player.... O.K. cool you're getting better. But he had 30 less chances.

Last year.... 41%. That's TERRIBLE! 41 percent and he wasn't even the main guy last year. All the attention was on Josh. It should have been the best year of his career but it was his worst.

The only thing he has going for him is once he catches it he's solid. Good moves. No fumbles. Etc.

So if Oakland can figure out how to teach him to catch he'll be good. But right now... I hope he doesn't make the roster.

Moore is the number 1.
Streater is the number 2 for now.
James Jones is a killer WR for a 3.
Then you have Holmes as the 4.

That's a pretty good 4.

Now fighting for the last probably 2 slots is...

Criner (big upside)
Little (had 3 years to prove he can catch)
Butler. Second year player. Nice upside.
Green. Nice athlete but he'll probably hit the practice squad.
Roberts. If he makes it he'll probably be another PS guy.
Davis. PS player.
Jenkins. Possible return man (might be where they try and plug in Little)
Grigsby. This dude to me is the guy they need to evaluate the hardest. I'd rather have him that Little. He's got natural hands. Had he gone in the draft last year he's a 3/4 round draft. But he put in another year and got hurt. Even playing 2 games he holds the record for SJ State. Plays the whole season he'd hold it for the division. If he's really back from his knee injury he can play.

I'd like to see them keep the first 4. Criner. Butler. Grisby.

That's a lot of WR's though. They'll probably keep 6.
Criner needs to go. Streater is worlds better.

Moore can be traded if it's helpful. I feel like James Jones will be the #1.

I love Holmes. He's going to developed into a big threat with his jump ball, soft hands and okay speed.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:50 PM
General Pimpin'

I'm there with you man. Holmes is probably my favorite of them all right now and James is the most stable WR they have. Moore is good. He's not a true number 1 in my book. I really wanted them to draft a WR in the second round to fill the true number 1.

Criner has upside but if Grisby catches on like I think he will... he's gone.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Old School

I'm there with you man. Holmes is probably my favorite of them all right now and James is the most stable WR they have. Moore is good. He's not a true number 1 in my book. I really wanted them to draft a WR in the second round to fill the true number 1.

Criner has upside but if Grisby catches on like I think he will... he's gone.
Streater reminds me of Tim Brown. Decent size, speed, and just like a solid overall WR. Him coming from a small school hurt him, but looks to be a great UDFA signing.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:18 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
So I didn't catch the Raiders preseason game. How did Shlob and Carr do? Mack? MJD?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
So I didn't catch the Raiders preseason game. How did Shlob and Carr do? Mack? MJD?

Nothing to see here.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:49 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX

Nothing to see here.
That bad huh? Figured it couldn't be any worse than what Gabbert did for us.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:04 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
That bad huh? Figured it couldn't be any worse than what Gabbert did for us.
Typical Raiders. Lots of penalties, lots of failing to convert on 3rd down, and lots of failing to stop 3rd down conversions on defense.

There were a few individual bright spots here and there, but as a team they were just disjointed and inconsistent. Thus, the 10-6 loss. It was 10-0 till deep into the 4th quarter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread