Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:21 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Terrelle Pryor appears on the way out in Oakland | ProFootballTalk

First thing that came to mind when I saw the headline was that Cam Newton just went down for ankle surgery. But the fact is... the dude hasn't shown that he can be a QB at this level. I think the potential is there and if he wants to give it an honest go then asking for a trade was probably his only hope. But he may need to learn something from Tebow and see what happens when someone refuses to admit that it's over. They both had the build and ability to be in the NFL and probably play quite a bit at another position. Tebow at RB/TE and Pryor at WR. The dude can flat out fly. He's an athlete so I'm sure he can catch at least reasonably well. Turn him loose on the secondary. Dude could be a lethal WR with 1-2 years of coaching. Hell... put a few more pounds on him and he could probably be an RB for Oakland.

Dude is faster than I think all but maybe 1 or 2 WR's in this years NFL draft and as fast as all but maybe 4 RB's that have been in the draft in the last 5 years.

I honestly think his game speed is faster than the 4.38 he posted in the combine.

I'd like to see Oakland keep him as the 3rd QB and start working him in at WR. But if he's not willing to then maybe they can get a pick out of him from Carolina.
The Raiders haven't been able to "develop" a player in I don't know how many years. I can't think of the last unknown they brought in and developed into anything worth mentioning. It's just not in their skill set to develop players. The coaching staff here need to work guys who are much further along in their development in order to succeed.

Project Pryor was dead before it began. Maybe another team could have coached him along, but the staff in Oakland is in the back of the pack.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 03-24-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'd have to agree with you there. It's part of why the program isn't going to go anywhere for a while. YOu can bring in all the talent you want but if all you're doing is destroying it then what's the point?

I was hyped on project pryor. I still think the dude has what it takes to succeed in the NFL. At QB... it's tough to say. Maybe in the right program with the right coach. Maybe he'll end up in S.F. or denver. LOL! But if not as a QB then probably an RB/WR. The dude is a pure athlete and if you can't do something with that then you shouldn't be running an NFL program.

But a huge part of it is the player. Look at Tebow. He got chewed up and spit out because the expectations where stupid, the media hype was insane and he wasn't willing to change. Pryor is about 2 months from the same ship only he's not going to land on his feet unless it's in an arena.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Raiders make final push to move Terrelle Pryor | ProFootballTalk

I still think the dude has serious potential and it's not gonna cost that much to keep him on roster. He's due less than a million.

The problem is that he thinks he can start right now and he wants to be a QB somewhere. With Schaub and McGloin he's a 3rd stringer and he doesn't like that. And he's not willing to move to WR.

I still think he's got potential but he needs to be in the right place and that's unfortunately not Oakland. Maybe SF?

I don't know how many teams are going to be willing to trade anything for him. They might be able to package him with a pick or two and move up in the draft in the 3rd or 4th round.

It makes sense to cut/trade him if they have their eyes on a QB in this years draft. I can see them drafting one of a few people. I really don't see them going QB in the first round unless Bortles drops on their lap. They're idiots if they take Johnny. I personally hope they go with Mack or trade down.

But yeah I could see them snagging a QB in R3/4.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:17 PM

I still think McCarron is totally underrated in this draft. He would be a great late round pick up, even with his douchey tattoo.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I'm okay with cutting him. I'm okay with taking a QB in the draft as well.

I'm a bit excited, but let downs in the past have be a bit fearful as well. Just want a great draft from RM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Agree with both of you guys. I've seen a few mock drafts where Oakland pulls A.J. in the 4th round I think it is. I wouldn't be bummed by that.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM
General Pimpin'

Report: 49ers looking to trade James | CSN Bay Area

James for Pryor? Kind of makes sense for both teams. Raiders could use depth at RB and it'll keep them from having to draft one this year. Niners could help Pryor and he has a similar game to CK7's.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Report: 49ers looking to trade James | CSN Bay Area

James for Pryor? Kind of makes sense for both teams. Raiders could use depth at RB and it'll keep them from having to draft one this year. Niners could help Pryor and he has a similar game to CK7's.
If anyone were to pick up Pryor as a QB, it'd be Harbaugh. His similar to CK7, but with a wet noodle for an arm.

James wouldn't add much to the running game, but like you said, he's another body.

I'd go for this trade in a heartbeat.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Pryor has been traded to the Seahawks for a 7th Round Pick in the 2014 Draft.

However, if Pryor has a desire to start that seriously isn't going to happen with Russell Wilson at the helm (unless he gets injured).

Terrelle Pryor Traded to Seahawks: Latest News, Reaction and Analysis | Bleacher Report
Old 04-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Pryor has been traded to the Seahawks for a 7th Round Pick in the 2014 Draft.

However, if Pryor has a desire to start that seriously isn't going to happen with Russell Wilson at the helm (unless he gets injured).

Terrelle Pryor Traded to Seahawks: Latest News, Reaction and Analysis | Bleacher Report
A 7th!?

I feel like I won the draft lotto lol
Old 04-22-2014, 01:26 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
A 7th!?

I feel like I won the draft lotto lol
Pryor to Seattle... I mean he KINDA seems like a possible 3rd string QB, but we'll see. Carroll is good with so called "bad moves" and "bad drafting"

Umm..., rumors stated that Pryor wanted to start.... that ain't happening. Haha?...

Last edited by iLoqin; 04-22-2014 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Pryor won't start.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by iLoqin

Pryor to Seattle... I mean he KINDA seems like a possible 3rd string QB, but we'll see. Carroll is good with so called "bad moves" and "bad drafting"

Umm..., rumors stated that Pryor wanted to start.... that ain't happening. Haha?...
Yeah. I expect him to be back up or 3rd... Or cut...
Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Yeah. I expect him to be back up or 3rd... Or cut...
Essentially just traded a 3rd round pick for a 7th round pick. LOL! Go Raiders.

I honestly don't know wtf Seattle is thinking.

They're locked in on Wilson.

Back up is Tavaris Jackson... you know... the starter before Wilson. He's still a half decent QB and a really really good back up for them. But it sounds like they're looking to get rid of him.

They've got B.J. Daniels who's essentially a more athletic but less talented Wilson.

And now Pryor who is a great athlete who's head is too big for his helmet.

So... you have a starter, a guy that could step in and keep you winning which is what you want in a back up and a developing young QB. That's all you need.

So the question is... do you cut the guy that could step in and start for you or the lowest man on the pole... B.J. Daniels?

Quite honestly... I know they want to dump Jackson but I think it's stupid. If Wilson ever gets hurt you'd be left with either Daniels or Pryor. Daniels will run the offense. Pryor will try to do too much.

Weird. But for a 7th round pick maybe Seattle can talk him in to running routes.

Either that or they're just looking for a rosterable player that can pretend he's CK7 in practice.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:13 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Honestly we should've taken Pryor. With Romans inability to change game plans on the fly, it would've been nice to have him sit as a #2 behind Kaep. I'd feel more comfortable with that than having Gabbert back there.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Honestly we should've taken Pryor. With Romans inability to change game plans on the fly, it would've been nice to have him sit as a #2 behind Kaep. I'd feel more comfortable with that than having Gabbert back there.
Seemed like the right fit to me.

I honestly see him either getting cut from Seattle or being faced as being Kaep on practice days.

He doesn't have a chance in hell of starting for any team in the NFL right now and he needs to get his head wrapped around that. He's got to get himself on a team that can help develop the QB side of his game or he'll be out of the NFL in 2 years. Maybe less. He's going to end up in Tebow land. Faced with a decision... play in the NFL as a WR or get out of the NFL. He'd be a starter in arena football.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread