Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Foles is no joke.
That's what everybody said about Flynn when he had that one monster game with the Packers. Then he got his contract and disappointed everyone.

As for Foles, I'm not sold on him just yet. He needs to prove that he can be consistently good for a whole season. A lot of the big passes he made against the Raiders were because the Raiders kept falling down (or they miss their assignments) while running with the Eagles' receivers.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I was just coming to say that.

Do I think he's the next Joe Montana (replace any great past QB), no I don't. But he's definitely better than Vick. For one he can actually see over the line of scrimmage. Do I think he'll throw 7 TD's against the Packers or really any other team, no, but that doesn't mean he's not good. The Raiders played a lot of man to man, which that system beats. If they had the players to play a good zone defense, I don't think he would have put up the TD's he did. But still, he's the best the Eagles have at the position.
Seems to me that that thumping lands square on the shoulders of poor coaching. When you see someone taking advantage of it... you change. They did not.

Philly did the same exact thing to the same style of defense earlier in the year. Most teams are not going to succeed for a full game running like that. Toss in a rookie DB and a bunch of other young guys... bad combo.

Recipe for disaster.

Is foles going to end up the best QB in the NFL. I doubt it. But he's no Flynn.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:14 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Seems to me that that thumping lands square on the shoulders of poor coaching. When you see someone taking advantage of it... you change. They did not.

Philly did the same exact thing to the same style of defense earlier in the year. Most teams are not going to succeed for a full game running like that. Toss in a rookie DB and a bunch of other young guys... bad combo.

Recipe for disaster.

Is foles going to end up the best QB in the NFL. I doubt it. But he's no Flynn.
Foles pretty much cemented his job over Vick. It's almost impossible to rely on Vick being that he's always missed games in a season. Durability is a huge issue, and if it is that big of an issue... get an o-line.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:08 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Foles pretty much cemented his job over Vick. It's almost impossible to rely on Vick being that he's always missed games in a season. Durability is a huge issue, and if it is that big of an issue... get an o-line.
Depending on how he plays the rest of this season he might make a lot of decisions interesting for Philly.

Is Vick to expensive to be a back up? Release or trade? Is Foles the future... if so... do we draft o-line or try to get more help for jackson. They could use a new TE and some defensive line upgrades.

If he plays well I see them drafting WR in the first round.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
That's what everybody said about Flynn when he had that one monster game with the Packers. Then he got his contract and disappointed everyone.

As for Foles, I'm not sold on him just yet. He needs to prove that he can be consistently good for a whole season. A lot of the big passes he made against the Raiders were because the Raiders kept falling down (or they miss their assignments) while running with the Eagles' receivers.
Foles has had 3 or 4 pretty good games. Flynn had only 1.

Foles can throw a accurate bomb. Flynn cant throw well beyond about 15 yards.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Foles has had 3 or 4 pretty good games. Flynn had only 1.

Foles can throw a accurate bomb. Flynn cant throw well beyond about 15 yards.
Now this I can agree with. Aside from the receivers being wide open and no pass rush pressuring him, I grant him they were all good looking passes.

Let's see what happens next week against Green Bay. Now that he know's he's under everyone's microscope, we'll see if he can stay consistent and continue making those types of throws.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 AM

Green Bay will be an easy win if Rodgers isn't playing
Old 11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Old School

Philly will win that game without Rodgers. That Defense will get tired and there won't be much support from their Offense.

Could be Foles and Air game vs Lacy and GB Ground game...

That sounds pretty stupid lol. GB Ground Game
Old 11-05-2013, 01:03 PM
General Pimpin'

Philly will win that game without Rodgers. That Defense will get tired and there won't be much support from their Offense.

Could be Foles and Air game vs Lacy and GB Ground game...

That sounds pretty stupid lol. GB Ground Game
Philly should be able to pound GB.

I think they'll hit them hard with the pass early. Get a lead and then let the run game just pound them in to the ground.

GB is probably wondering why they made such weird QB decisions. Wallace is not the right dude to run that offense... not in any way shape or form. They would be better off with Flynn because of his playing style.

Wonder if they'll bring B.J. Coleman back.

TIM TEBOW!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
DMF and his aching labia. Used this idiot on my other fantasy league last week. Him and Foster combined for 1.5 points. Raiders need to cut ties with this guy.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Philly should be able to pound GB.

I think they'll hit them hard with the pass early. Get a lead and then let the run game just pound them in to the ground.

GB is probably wondering why they made such weird QB decisions. Wallace is not the right dude to run that offense... not in any way shape or form. They would be better off with Flynn because of his playing style.

Wonder if they'll bring B.J. Coleman back.

TIM TEBOW!!!!!!!!
I could see them with Flynn... he's out of job right now and in shape.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
General Pimpin'

I could see them with Flynn... he's out of job right now and in shape.
First time I typed up that reply I had Flynn in there and then I thought about it.

They seem pretty sold on Wallace and he's a good athlete. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him come out and put up 320 yards toss 2 TD's. Run for a TD this weekend and lead them to a win. He's a good athlete and he's been there long enough to know the system.

So I started thinking about upside.... they clearly have no faith in Flynn. B.J. showed a lot of promise.

They HAVE to sign someone in the next couple days and those are the top 2 candidates because they've both been in the system before. They can't go in to the game with one QB.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
DMF and his aching labia. Used this idiot on my other fantasy league last week. Him and Foster combined for 1.5 points. Raiders need to cut ties with this guy.
Very very glad whoever I tossed that trade at for him didn't take it. LOL!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Old School

Flynn is going to go back to GB, watch...

Rodgers has a fracture in his collarbone. 3-4 weeks if good. Could be 6+ if the tendons and muscles are not ready.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I wonder if this conversation has taken place?

"Hello?"

"Ah, hi is this Brett?"

"Yes, this is Brett Favre. May I ask who's calling?"

"This is Green Ba-" *click*

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread