The Official BAM13 Volunteer Sign-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
The Official BAM13 Volunteer Sign-Up Thread

VOLUNTEERS: WE WANT YOU!

We need trustworthy & reliable people, as this is a community event driven by charitable giving. If we find out someone is stealing from Nathan & his family, we'll make damn sure everyone knows who you are on EVERY automotive forum there is. Period. Many of us are known in more than just the Subaru world. Hell! You'll be put on blast on every & any social media outlet known to man! With that outta the way…

If you are new to i-club, what better way to get more involved and show you are a productive member! Or you could be a 10-yr BAiC vet or somewhere in between. If you jumped in & gave a helping hand last yr (Thanks again for that!), now you can get on board early especially since there are rumblings that Ray is trying to score a hook-up for the generous volunteer crew. Don’t hold him or me to that just yet… he will try. And don’t get caught up on that since this event is about us getting together as a community and giving back, right?

Each job will include a brief description and task requirements, but most job titles are obvious as to what you’ll be doing. These will be updated as the event draws closer, especially concerning what time you report in & how long you’ll be expected help out. The number of volunteers requested will also be updated as needed.

Please PM your team captain by midnight Sunday, August 4th. We'll be finalizing the rosters to be sure every volunteer who signed up is still committed to his/her assigned tasks and is clear on report-in times, expected shift duration, etc.

PARKING

First off, we need you to show up early... well before any caravans arrive. With coordination from Matt V (AKA tecnica tech), you'll direct the vendors and carshow participants where they're supposed to be. General parking will be all the other spots in the very large & spacious lot next to our picnic site, so this should be easy to manage unlike last year’s spread-out lots. We’ll need the parking crew there by 8:30am. We expect you should be finished before 11:30.

0. Hide (Heedz)
1. kamnewton
2. Blazingbuda40

EVENT CHECK-IN

Basically, attendees tell you if they pre-paid or not. You will verify prepaid attendees from the list or will collect payment from non-prepaid attendees. Then, you'll give them their wristband to put on ASAP, informing them that it is what let's security know they're allowed at our event as well as let's the lunch service crew & security know they're good to go for grub, too. Prepays will also receive a single $2 raffle ticket & custom event sticker. To be considered for this position, you likely will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee. Please report in by 10:15am. We expect we’ll need your assistance until about 12:30.

0. Steven (Steven@Coach)
1. flukewrx
2. RallyTech
3. stinavyguy

RAFFLE TICKET SALES

Are you outgoing? Have a knack for sales? Then we want you! Sometimes, you will sell tickets at the raffle booth near the check-in & Tshirt/hoodie area. Other times, you will walk throughout the venue –- carshow, vendor row, picnic & activities areas –- to sell tickets. You’ll roam with a team member and/or security staff.

We’ll have at least two shifts for this crew, as you’ll be selling from “gates open” right up until the raffle drawing. This is a VITAL team for the event. It’s a HUGE part of why we hold this annual meet. To be considered for this position, you likely will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee. Please report in by 10:15am. First shift goes from 10:15 to 12:30; second one goes from 12:30 to 2:45.

0. Jamison (norcalbro)
1. xhengmanx
2. leaferiksin
3. Kaimino
4. theoutbackdream
5. 03_Impreza_Al
6. PlayerToBeNamedLater

T-SHIRT & HOODIE DISTRIBUTION

Duh?!? You will help distribute the event apparel -- Tees N hoodies. You'll verify pre-orders from the list of what type, quantity & size that a person ordered. You will also sell the VERY LIMITED amount of official swag that will available for purchase at BAM. To be considered for this position, you likely will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee. Please report in by 10:15am. We expect we’ll need your assistance until about 12:30.

0. Ray (OneManArmy)
1. Justin (bluwrxwgn)
2. PTBNL

SPORTS & REC

We need folks to bring some items that can be used for entertainment at the event – anything from a football, soccer ball, to a whole volleyball or badminton setup. You're not limited to those items; be creative and bring ANYTHING that you think people may enjoy. If you agree to bring a football (or whatever), your name will be placed below with the item you signed up for next to your name. That means you are officially signed up to bring that said item! Don't sign up unless you are serious! Also, be sure your name is on the item(s) you volunteer to bring or is easily identifiable. We’ll have to work out a collateral system (maybe your ID) to check out the b@lls, frisbees, etc.

We plan to have some fun & competitive activities -– tug-o-war, bocce ball, etc. How do contests of bugeyes vs. hawkeyes, caravan vs. caravan, under 20 vs. 40 & over, etc. sound?

We’re also looking to do an Instagram scavenger hunt!

1. subysteez - flag football equip. & soccer ball
as many as we need

COOKS

Since we're BBQing, we're going to need quite a few people to man the grills. Each person will cook for a MAXIMUM of 1 hour at a time; we’ll have two teams of 4. In the past, people have worked the grill for a good 3 hours or more! We don’t want to overwork anyone. Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated! We really need you guys, so thank you in advance!

Please note that the veggie option must be cooked on a separate grill using separate grilling tools! Thank you.

0. Walker (queeg9k)
1. apetron
2. per/pet/ual
3. Sakai530
4. w0ng3r

FOOD & BEV SERVICE

This crew will simply be working the chow line a la school lunch lady style. All attendees who enter the food service line MUST be wearing an event wristband. A security volunteer or I will be marking wristbands as an attendee comes through.

0. Cliff (boardoholic)
1. pvtdonuts
2. pvtdonuts gf
3. beLittled
4. monsterGC

CLEAN-UP

Looking for 6 people that are willing to lend a hand with keeping the park clean during the event as well as staying a little after to make sure it is tidy. We are all adults and can put trash in the proper place, so it should not be that big of an issue. I know it's not the most desirable job, but someone has to take care of it and many hands make light work.

0. Walker (queeg9k)
1. de engineered
2. Snoopy408
3. Goss408
4. cntrdctn86
5. flat489

SECURITY

You’ll be tasked to ensure safety & order. Should things get dicey – i.e. people cannot behave themselves or get along with others, you’ll step in to neutralize the situation. Please report-in at 10:15. You'll be expected to "work" the entire event, but please be sure to enjoy yourselves the whole time as well.

0. Justin (bluwrxwgn)
1. LxJLthr
2. runboyrun
+ A couple folks that you will not know are security personnel, so no stealing itshay or no actin' a fool!

- - - - - - -

On behalf of the organizing staff, we’d like to thank you all in advance for offering your time & effort and helping to make BAM 13 an awesomely successful event!

Last edited by boardoholic; 08-10-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
I've done all this kinda stuff for Scouting events in the past. If you need to fill a spot anywhere, just drop me in, no preference, and I'll do cleanup atop it as well.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 AM

Car Info: MY13 SWP WRX
I'd like to volunteer. If you need any help on running power ac/dc or generator at the event I'm willing to help out.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 AM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Put me up for helping with event check-in.
And since I helped with clean up last year put me up for that too.
I assume the first person listed is the one "in charge" of that portion?
Should we shoot them a PM as well?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Snoopy408
Put me up for helping with event check-in.
And since I helped with clean up last year put me up for that too.
I assume the first person listed is the one "in charge" of that portion?
Should we shoot them a PM as well?
Yeah just so you can keep in direct contact with them too.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 AM

Xevious, Sigma, Soggy, Sybir can one of you guys sticky this for us?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
would help out if I was closer and not leading the Sac caravan.

Bump for volunteers!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
I can help with raffle ticket sales again. Let me know id im needed. I can walk the lot with a sign tapped on me lol.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
I can help with raffle ticket sales again. Let me know id im needed. I can walk the lot with a sign tapped on me lol.
Pretty sure you sold me all of mine last year.. maybe you were my good luck charm
Old 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
Put me down for the parking job, get to see all the cars
Old 07-17-2013, 02:02 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
I can help Walker on the BBQ duties!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
I'm down for parking also
Old 07-17-2013, 02:39 PM

Okay so Kenny and mason. I'm counting on you guys!!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:41 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by boardoholic
VOLUNTEERS: WE WANT YOU!

SECURITY

You’ll be tasked to ensure safety & order. Should things get dicey – i.e. people cannot behave themselves or get along with other, you’ll step in to neutralize the situation.

0. Justin (bluwrxwgn)
+ A couple folks that you will not know are security personnel, so no stealing isht or no actin' a fool!

Get those key board *** hole warriors moderators to do that crap. Lets see what your warning points are worth in real life!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
I am down to help with security and/or parking...

Quick Reply: The Official BAM13 Volunteer Sign-Up Thread