The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Steven@Coach
Exactly how I roll too. I do run CM9 on my Galaxy Tab though, it's awesome but still little too buggy to run on my phone all the time. For work I need my phone to be 100%.
im running CM9 on my HP Touchpad. Ive been happy with it
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
Does anyone know how to clean install android? Im looking online, but its always how to root, not clean install OEM software.

The guy at the Store was such a dick today. man.
I think you will want to join over at the xda forums and find the OEM fastboot file. then use RSD light to flash it
Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
got that early gs3!! amazing!!
Spill the beans. Where???

I'm about to return the one x cause the micro sd card slot is now my #1 deal breaker for me....
Old 06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Churro Aficionado

pics or it didnt happen
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
pics or it didnt happen
This times a million.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 90 325is
Thats all folks! What the **** are they thinking?!?!
Verizon to ditch phone plans, go with shared plans - Yahoo! Finance

You can keep your current plan but you have to pay retail for phones. sighhhhh im so over all of this. sup with t-mobile? lol

Last edited by $hane; 06-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
pics or it didnt happen
What's the big deal with the GS3?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by $hane

You can keep your current plan but you have to pay retail for phones. sighhhhh im so over all of this. sup with t-mobile? lol
yea it sucks.. thats why i wanna snag the GS3 now (even tho ive been really happy with the razr).. because i have an update.. after that theres no point because im not going to loose my data haha.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
They'll force you off it sooner or later Thomas lol
Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor

Name:  ari_gold.gif
Views: 53
Size:  1.39 MB

Old 06-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by lanz0r
They'll force you off it sooner or later Thomas lol
I will hold out as long as freakin possible lol

I dont even have timeline on facebook
Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
I will hold out as long as freakin possible lol

I dont even have timeline on facebook
How'd you get out of it? I got forced into that bullcrap yesterday without me knowing about it.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Churro Aficionado

i dont click on anythign that will say "to watch/look at this you need to update to timeline" blah blah blah..

I dont want it.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

Yeah that bit about the full price phone thing is bull****.

Right now I pay about $165 a month for 2 smart phones with unlimited everything and full insurance on them both.

EVERY month I clear a gig. My wife does as well. That's 2 gigs. And more likely 3gigs. And that's an average month. If I'm working and tethering or using it to watch movies and things like that... I've cleared 5 gigs myself. So now we're talking 6-10gigs in a month between the two phones.

With the new plans I'd have to purchase a MASSIVE plan and then on low months be wasting a huge amount of money.

These plans are joke and a sham. Having data limits should be illegal in todays data needs. Hell I just used data to pay my phone bill and check my usage. All the auto updates. Websites with embedded video. Etc.

This is the biggest pile of bull**** I've seen in the telecom business since AT&T was able to recompile it's monopoly buy buying up all the companies that split from them.

If anything this is going to bite them in the ***. I was planning on upgrading phones in the next couple months and of course a new contract with that.

Now I'm out of contract. My wife already has an iPhone 4s and I have a droid X. I'll just hold on to that sucker and when I'm tired of it I'll switch to someone with a phone plan that doesn't bend you over backwards.

This is another case of big business being able to do whatever the **** they want because we have no choice.

If they all switch to this model we're screwed.

The U.S. telecom industry is in the dark ages and all of these naive americans have no idea. Unfortunately Europe and the US control what happens everywhere else as far as price models go.

The way data usage is EXPLODING right now and will continue to do so it's taxing the current system. Upgrading the systems is expensive and these telecom companies would rather sit on their hands and let people think they're on fast speeds and new systems while their stuff is stretched to the limit. Upgrading costs money. Spend money and you lower profit margin. Lower profit margin and your stock goes down and with that the ceo bonuses shrink. And god forbid some asshat doesn't get his $31 million bonus on top of his $9 million dollar salary.

It's bull****.

The united states isn't even in the top 10 with download speeds. Hell I think our average speeds are less than HALF of what South Korea is getting.

Yet we get charged out the ***.

They market usage. Show people watching movies, managing their finances, video chats, listening to music...etc. Companies exist for the sole reason of housing data online that you can access from your phone... movies, music, etc. This is all slapped in your face in advertising.

Then you buy these phones built to do all this **** and they say... oh yeah... If you actually want to use your phone you have to cut off your big toe and hand it over. $90 for a basic phone... For my wife and I to continue our current usage (which will more than likely actually increase) we're looking at a data plan double of what we're paying now. **** that.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:37 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
I'm at about 4-5 Gb/month now, and that's with limiting what I do. I don't stream too much video or music like I did when I had an unlimited plan.

I also do not have a text plan, as I use GV for everything, so I get charged 10 cents for each text. The kicker is that that only texts I get are from Verizon for account info and promotions and they say they can't stop them.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 90 325is
I feel that my razr is a luxury. Im at $90 a month and my contract is up in November. I can keep my current verizon 4g unlimited plan at what im paying now, only i wont get discounted upgrades. I give it a year before they come up with some way to force me off of that. They forced my dad off a plan he had for 10+ years that carried over from airtouch so im sure they will do the same with ANYONE else on unlimited. Im going to ride it out as long as i can.

no upgrade? i have insurance right? brb........................................ opps, i ran my phone over on accident. So whats that deductable?

Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread