The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
So you never sent in the first phone???

I would check your bill because you might get an extra $700 charge if you didnt send back the first phone
Old 05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
So you never sent in the first phone???

I would check your bill because you might get an extra $700 charge if you didnt send back the first phone
Haha, it was $500 and I have had it since april 3rd.

I have a feeling both phones will be going back. This one since I got it powered back up is stuck on HDMI. I cant get it to get out of it. Even going into the boot screen.

I do use the HDMI at home. So when I get back tonight I will hook it up and unplug it and see if that clears this last problem.

If not I will ship both phones back and start using my trusty Droid X back up phone. Crap I still have two BB storms too
Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
About to pull the trigger on a Razr Maxx & Seidio Active shell/holster. Any reason not to? Think there will be another phone released in the next couple weeks that will drop the price on the Maxx?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by RALIWGN
About to pull the trigger on a Razr Maxx & Seidio Active shell/holster. Any reason not to? Think there will be another phone released in the next couple weeks that will drop the price on the Maxx?
I HAVE THAT PHONE!!!!

I just got it about a week ago. I just went TWO full days on a charge!!! I bought it at 199. It was for 150 this past weekend

-_____-

I went with the otterbox.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
I went with the otterbox.
How's the Otterbox (I'm assuming the Defender model) fit in your pocket? Or how do you carry it?

I'm used to using a leather holster because I tend to break the plastic snap-in (snap-off) holsters, so I'll just have to see how the Seidio one works.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
So mine ended up being a bad charge/hdmi board
Old 05-31-2012, 06:00 AM
Churro Aficionado

The Droid Fighter should be coming out real soon. Its basically a Razr Maxx (SAME specs) except that its going to be an HD screen, and I think its going to come stock with ICS.

If you dont care about an HD screen, I would just get the Maxx. But when the fighter does come out, im sure the price on the Maxx will drop even more.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
spilled beer on my charger last night. Got home and plugged in my phone to charge and it shorted out, the charger not the phone, and hella smelled like electrical fire. Should still be good though right?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
spilled beer on my charger last night. Got home and plugged in my phone to charge and it shorted out, the charger not the phone, and hella smelled like electrical fire. Should still be good though right?
****'ll buff out!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Churro Aficionado

boom goes the dynamite
Old 06-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by queeg9k
NBD bro.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
How's the Otterbox (I'm assuming the Defender model) fit in your pocket? Or how do you carry it?

I'm used to using a leather holster because I tend to break the plastic snap-in (snap-off) holsters, so I'll just have to see how the Seidio one works.
Yes it is the defender. It goes in my pocket when I am walking around. I will say that it cleans all the lint out of my pocket haha

I use the clip thing that goes on the belt in my car to make my own hands free on my sun visor

Let me know how it goes.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Churro Aficionado

Ive had my Razr since Dec and ive loved it. Im not a super user, as root is enough for me and I dont use custom ROMs. But still, everything with Moto has been frustraiting with bootloaders, ICS, ect.

I am also grandfathered in for unlim VZ data, as I typicalled use 25ish GB per month. Ive been worried about loosing it with a future upgrade.

Well it turns out that I have an upgrade at the end of this month... and the SIII is coming out (pre ordres start tomorrow). And Vz said you will keep unlim data if you preorder (supposed anyways):

Pre-order the Galaxy SIII From Verizon and You Keep Your Unlimited Data Plan – Droid Life

Galaxy S3 – Droid Life

The SIII looks slick and I like some of the new features. Only thing I can think of right now is that it does not have HDMI, and I do use that a few times a month..

So if I chose to upgrade, Im sure I could sell my Razr for a couple hundred and basically pay for my upgrade. Or if I didnt like the SIII, i should have the 14 days to return it. Or if I didnt like it, I could sell it to another VZ customer who doesnt have an upgrade yet. I could make a little money and save them from paying full retail on it.

Really not sure what I wanna do right now.

comparision of some phones

Comparison: Galaxy S3 vs. Incredible 4G LTE vs. Galaxy Nexus vs. RAZR MAXX – Droid Life
Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM

I just got my RAZR Maxx & am going to switch my service to it once I've backed everything up off my original Incredible. The main reason I upgraded, though, is because the inherent problems with the Incredible after updating to Gingerbread, as well as failing speakers in the earpiece & speakerphone. I felt like I had to upgrade, and I have to get all the kinks worked out on the new phone & become familiar with it before going on a road trip vacation, so I had a need & time issue.

Thomas, if you don't have any hardware problems or firmware issues preventing your RAZR from functioning properly and sufficiently for your requirements, why not wait a little while & see if the RAZR HD (Figher?) comes out in the next few months & drops the price on the SIII or has the specs itself to become your next phone of choice? I know the RAZRs have the HDMI port, so that question is already answered, and everything I've read (rumors) says the next RAZR will ship with ICS.

Just my $.02.

Edit: I also kept my unlimited data plan with my upgrade. The VZW rep I spoke with said users who have unlimited can continue to grandfather the plan in to upgrades indefinitely (or until VZW changes its mind). I did have to pay the new $30 upgrade fee, though, and I believe I used my last "new every two" upgrade discount for my primary line.

If I like the Maxx, I might get my wife the RAZR & give my daughter my wife's old Incredible after doing a backup & factory reset. Any caveats about the current version of the RAZR (that's what you have, right?)?

Last edited by RALIWGN; 06-05-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
Thomas, the S3 will have HDMI out via an MHL Adapter thru the USB, just like the S2. They usually include it free in the box on the high end iconic devices.

Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread