The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
bad as in what? blurry? small?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
I'm still on my original HTC Incredible with the low memory problem persisting. I've been holding off on upgrading due to the upcoming possibility of a Motorola Razr Maxx HD ("Fighter"?) or maybe a quad-core 4g phone. I need to get something to replace mine before the middle of June, because I'll be leaving on a long road trip vacation & need a phone that is reliable. My HTC is now having earpiece/speaker issues (apparently you can only throw the phone on the floor so many times when it acts up before hardware actually fails)...

So does anything with real processing power, HD screen, & strong battery life (like Razr Maxx) look like it's on the horizon for VZ in the next month or less? I know the HTC Incredible 4g just was announced, but it looks like the Rezound is a better phone, and the Razr Maxx has the better battery life, but if I got the Maxx when an HD version is around the corner, I'd kick myself if it came out just outside of the 30 day window.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 90 325is
The razr screen is pretty good as it is.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:39 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
bad as in what? blurry? small?
blurry and ghosting.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by $hane
The razr screen is pretty good as it is.
I agree. Mine has been just fine.

Originally Posted by sigma pi
blurry and ghosting.
you might of got a flawed one? Its the same screen as the Razr and ive had zero issues with mine. HD movies looks great. Take it in and ask about it
Old 05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
OK Ill go ask
Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Churro Aficionado

let us know how it goes/went
Old 05-21-2012, 08:47 PM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
Originally Posted by RALIWGN
I'm still on my original HTC Incredible with the low memory problem persisting. I've been holding off on upgrading due to the upcoming possibility of a Motorola Razr Maxx HD ("Fighter"?) or maybe a quad-core 4g phone. I need to get something to replace mine before the middle of June, because I'll be leaving on a long road trip vacation & need a phone that is reliable. My HTC is now having earpiece/speaker issues (apparently you can only throw the phone on the floor so many times when it acts up before hardware actually fails)...

So does anything with real processing power, HD screen, & strong battery life (like Razr Maxx) look like it's on the horizon for VZ in the next month or less? I know the HTC Incredible 4g just was announced, but it looks like the Rezound is a better phone, and the Razr Maxx has the better battery life, but if I got the Maxx when an HD version is around the corner, I'd kick myself if it came out just outside of the 30 day window.
14 Day return policy now
Old 05-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by lanz0r
14 Day return policy now
yea
Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

As long as you keep your unlimited data, just use google music. Thats what I use. I have a 32GB 2nd gen iTouch and I cant fit all my music on it. With google music, its a cloud storage that you can have youre first 20,000 songs for free. It will just stream your music (like pandora, but you can fast forward/rewind/pick the songs you want to listen to) and use data, but not storage.
i thought about that. i have a pseudo cloud based setup at home using my pogoplug setup.

but my "unlimited data" is capped at 3Gb before ATT will throttle the heck down per monthly period that it makes data usage ...well unusable.

at around 70-100 meg per "song" i might be hitting or get close to hitting the limit each time.

i am just wondering if HTC made the micro SIM so rather easily replaceable, why couldnt they include a similar feature with a micro SD card?

As for the removable battery, how big is it?
It wouldnt surprise me if someone comes along for an upgrade for it. Just like the Razr's battery isnt "removable", it still is. Its easy enough to take it out and swap in a Maxx battery if you have the basic common sense and are good with your hands
i did see one work around.

there are a few piggybackable battery packs that will connect to the micro usb port and charge the internal one...

but still, having lived with my dell streak the past year and half and having access to the micro SD card and the battery was just a joy over my previous iphone 3G...
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Churro Aficionado

ive got this and it works great!
Anker ASTRO 5600mAh External Battery for Smartphones | eBay

I could drain my phone and use that to charge it from empty to full just over 3 times off a single charge from the battery pack.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
I'm thinking of getting the 1100mAh one for my phone when I travel. I can run down my while battery in about 2 hours when I stream HD videos online.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
I still have not gotten the extended batt. I just got more chargers, one in the car, one at my desk and one at home. Thinking about making this solar charger. Probably does not work great but a fun little project.

ALtoids, USB Charger

Make A Cheap & Easy Solar USB Charger With An Altoids Tin : TreeHugger
Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Jodice112
I'm thinking of getting the 1100mAh one for my phone when I travel. I can run down my while battery in about 2 hours when I stream HD videos online.
I wouldnt even bother with 1100.. its less than stock capacity. and honestly for a few bucks more, you can get a lot more capacity
Originally Posted by queeg9k
I still have not gotten the extended batt. I just got more chargers, one in the car, one at my desk and one at home. Thinking about making this solar charger. Probably does not work great but a fun little project.

ALtoids, USB Charger

Make A Cheap & Easy Solar USB Charger With An Altoids Tin : TreeHugger
that could be kinda fun.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:47 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
I wouldnt even bother with 1100.. its less than stock capacity. and honestly for a few bucks more, you can get a lot more capacity

that could be kinda fun.
Whoops I meant 11000mAh. It's $75 on Amazon and there's a 10000mAh one for $55 too.

Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread