Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Should've happened earlier, or at least in the 4th quarter when they were being blown out.

If Hyde's still injured, it's time to give Hayne some playing time. But knowing the 49er coaching staff, probably won't play him much.
That would've been better than on his birthday. Stay Classy Jed/Baalke!

-Brian
Old 11-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Time to get ****ed up
Old 11-04-2015, 04:31 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Bench Kap against the easiest defense this team has played all season. Yep makes sense when you look at all their other nonsensical moves. Clearly a full on rebuild now and we'll be in the ****ter for 3 years minimum. I just hope that we shore up that OL either in FA (hello $$$$ cap space) or start drafting OL if we do end up taking on someone like Goff. Personally I'd rather avoid drafting a QB and fill all the other holes while having someone like Gabbert or some other run down vet play QB.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 11-04-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:51 PM

Car Info: Nadda
No point in a QB draft unless you get good leadership, and what person would coach for this nutty place when Harbaugh did an excellent job and got kicked out.

44-19-1, 3 NFC Championship games games, 1 superbowl appearance, made Alex decent and Kaepernick 10 yards from a Superbowl win, and then he gets shucked midway through the 4th year. LoL, good luck with anyone wanting to come in.

Last edited by iLoqin; 11-05-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by iLoqin
No point in a QB draft unless you get good leadership, and what person would coach for this nutty place when Harbaugh did an excellent job and got kicked out.

44-19-1, 3 NFC Championship games games, 1 superbowl appearance, made Alex decent and Kaepernick 10 yards from a Superbowl win, and then he gets shucked midway through the 4th year. LoL, good luck with anyone wanting to come in.
QFT unfortunately. Hard to pinpoint what the most pressing need will be come draft time but it'll still be Baalke striking out time and again so I'm not sure it really matters.

So damn depressing.

-Brian
Old 11-06-2015, 12:09 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Personally I would try to trade for Manziel from the Browns. They seem to want to move on from him and he can clearly make all the throws. I doubt they want much for him and he'll come developed and ready to plug into our offense.

Given that we've always had OL issues, his mobility will help as well. Then we can use that 60m in cap space and draft to shore up the OL and LB/DE issue. Torrey Smith would get so much use if he had Manziel dropping him bombs.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:43 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
That would be the worst decision they could possibly make. They do not need a stop gap to fit in to a system that's not working. They need a long term solution. There are 2 of them in the draft. Or they could probably move on Stafford and draft an elite offensive lineman instead.

Beyond that... Johnny is a mess. It's not just that he's not that great of a QB... he's just a mess. The niners are already at a point where they have to clean up the perception of troubled players in a bad organization. It's like introducing pneumonia to someone with immune deficiency. You need a QB that's a leader on a team that's lost.

Look at Oakland. They had a guy step in with the right tools AND the right attitude and they're a different team.

If you wanted a mobile stop gap Tebow would be a better idea. He's a born leader and he's cheap.

Through 10 games.
Manziel: 71.9 rating. 4TD's. 3INTs. 5 fumbles. 736 yards. 102 rushing yards and a TD with a 4.4 average. Mind you they're not all complete games... but still... and mind you this is behind an offensive lineman with a HOF in it.

Tebow first 9 games.... as a rookie... Not over his first 2 years with 2 off seasons to prepare in...

82.1 rating. 5TDs. 3INT. 0 Fumbles. 654 yards. 227 yards rushing at a 5.3 clip with 6 TDs on the ground. And he helped carry a team into the playoffs.

Tebow gets flack for sucking and people are still on Johnny's nuts... I serious do not get it. The dude is not that good and he's a douche.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Tebow gets flack for sucking and people are still on Johnny's nuts... I serious do not get it. The dude is not that good and he's a douche.
I don't get it either and yes, he is bad and douchey. Definitely not someone that's going to be effective building a team up from the dumpster fire we're currently witnessing.

-Brian
Old 11-06-2015, 04:28 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
QFT unfortunately. Hard to pinpoint what the most pressing need will be come draft time but it'll still be Baalke striking out time and again so I'm not sure it really matters.

So damn depressing.

-Brian
When you are drafting for pretty much all positions it frees you up to take the "Best Available" player regardless of position (since they have needs basically everywhere now).
Old 11-06-2015, 04:38 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru

So damn depressing.

-Brian
*Double Post - Mods can delete*
Old 11-06-2015, 06:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by JelloChex
When you are drafting for pretty much all positions it frees you up to take the "Best Available" player regardless of position (since they have needs basically everywhere now).
They honestly could improve really really quickly.

The defense has proven to be pretty good considering there's only 2 returning starters. Pretty amazing really. They could pick up a couple free agents and be very competitive there.

They've got Hyde who's a good young talent but honestly.. they could use another real RB in the house. There will be some FA's available. Starks for example. He's shown capable of putting up numbers and he's not gonna want to play behind Lacy again.

They can solve a LOT of their issues in the next 2 drafts... and I say 2 drafts because it's gonna take 2 very smart years to get the key guys up to speed.

Here's what I see next year....

R1. Goff
R2. Henry or Tyler Johnstone. That'll give them a new target and blocker at TE or a potential immediate O line starter.
R3. Max Tuerk if they go Henry or Westerman if he's availble. Booker if he falls for some strange reason. O.J. Howard if they go Johnstone and he's available here.
R4-7. That's where they look for a WR/kick returner. A corner. Another O-lineman.

I think they can shore up the o-line. Get the QB position on lock and get RB ironed out... they're solid.

Then next year they look WR and D Line and they're in the money.

17 will be a big defensive line draft. And Rashard Higgins is coming out in 17. Dude's an instant starter.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Churro Aficionado

Well, that went better than expected.

Still need to catch *****!
Old 11-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Yea I'll take the win! Wasn't expecting that at all. Gabbert played pretty well, backup running backs were solid as well

Seemed like the team just all together rallied better.

I was mildly impressed with the secondary. Still gave up 300 yards but didn't give up big touchdowns
Old 11-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Churro Aficionado

And all the boos for CK7 as he came out to the field.. that surprised me a bit
Old 11-09-2015, 09:25 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
Yea I'll take the win! Wasn't expecting that at all. Gabbert played pretty well, backup running backs were solid as well

Seemed like the team just all together rallied better.

I was mildly impressed with the secondary. Still gave up 300 yards but didn't give up big touchdowns
The defense has been impressive for what it has available to it. Very impressive. 2 returning starters... it's like a college team out there. Doing way better than I expected.

The main issue has been 3 and out. When you have zero sustained drives your team gets tired and it gets frustrated. That is why CK7 is a terrible QB. Can he score some points... sure. But he does not sustain drives and that is what you need to do to win football games.

People always say defense wins championships.... well defenses with QB's that sustain drives win championships.... see Flacco or any of the other mediocre QB's that have played in and/or won superbowls. They're mediocre but they sustain drives and at least give you a chance.

Gabbert is a much better QB for this team. Is he the answer... nope.

BUt on the bad side... they're gonna win more games with him... and drop in the draft... and they need a top 5 or 6 pick this year to find the answer at QB. Their are 2 guys that have a high percentage of changing this team within 2 years... 4 guys worth picking up.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season