Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 01:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Good win, could have lost too. Steve Smith was their only weapon and he dropped 2 TD passes. Shows their talent.

Niners easily should have lost that if Steve Smith scores and the Niners are pressured to score something.

Good to see shots down the field, really I think this is the strength. Torrey deep, Anquan everywhere and Patton on WR screens. the RB core is all bad after Hyde.

Trade V.Davis, he ain't doing jack.

Defense needs to tighten up. Better to blitz last play than sit back and let it come IMO. Also better to have a WR who can jump ball or someone athletic enough to jump ball vs a receiver.

No one is gonna trade for V.D. They'll have to release him or bring someone in to replace him and use him to block. Part of the problem is that CK has no clue how to use check downs and they don't have many plays designed for TE's in the current offense.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:26 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I was getting my wisdom tooth pulled in the dentists chair during the second half while watching the game. Gotta say watching the offense was more painful. I'm ****ing sick and tired of these run up the middle, run up the middle, pass offense. Its the same ****ing offense we dealt with in the Roman era.

Ravens have been beaten in the air in every game and we didnt even game plan to air it out? Letting teams hang in there is a recipe for disaster and if SSR didn't drop the first TD in the endzone, we'd have been the losers.

I still think Harbs/Roman had to go but so does this stop gap coaching staff. You have guys like Flacco throwing pick after pick after pick and guess what his coaching staff does? Let him continue to throw his way out of sucking. Meanwhile if Kap throws 3 ints, we go into full on run heavy ***** mode for 3 weeks. I know we're not making the playoffs but atleast make the games watchable. This offense has the ability to put up big numbers in the air but our gameplan every week is to run Hyde up the middle until he's injured.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 10-20-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:54 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I still do not believe Harbaugh / Roman were the actual problems that the 49ers Front Office made them out to be.

With that said, there were a lot of penalties for Delay of Game and penalties of the sort that could lead me to believe there was issues with Harbaugh's Game Management Skills (or with Kaepernick's understanding of the overall playbook), but the fact that he flat out Wins everywhere he has Coached and was the Best 49ers Head Coach since the days of Walsh / Seifert makes it a very poor decision ultimately to have forced him out of the building.

The issues with the 49ers Offense and anything really related to Kaepernick these past few seasons really should have you looking at who was directly tied to both of those areas (and he is STILL with the 49ers). Geep Chryst (the current 49ers OC) was the QB Coach from 2011-2014 and was the Coach that was calling the Red Zone Offense.

Roman was calling the plays between the 20's (which was really not a problem area for the 49ers over the past few seasons).
Old 10-20-2015, 09:38 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
I was getting my wisdom tooth pulled in the dentists chair during the second half while watching the game. Gotta say watching the offense was more painful. I'm ****ing sick and tired of these run up the middle, run up the middle, pass offense. Its the same ****ing offense we dealt with in the Roman era.

Ravens have been beaten in the air in every game and we didnt even game plan to air it out? Letting teams hang in there is a recipe for disaster and if SSR didn't drop the first TD in the endzone, we'd have been the losers.

I still think Harbs/Roman had to go but so does this stop gap coaching staff. You have guys like Flacco throwing pick after pick after pick and guess what his coaching staff does? Let him continue to throw his way out of sucking. Meanwhile if Kap throws 3 ints, we go into full on run heavy ***** mode for 3 weeks. I know we're not making the playoffs but atleast make the games watchable. This offense has the ability to put up big numbers in the air but our gameplan every week is to run Hyde up the middle until he's injured.
But Flacco is a THROWING QB. With rings.

Flacco is having a tough year with very little to throw to and no run game. And he's got 7 INT's in 247 passes. That's 1 in ever 35 or so passes.

CK7 is having a pretty normal year. He's got a decent running back. He's got a few decent guys to throw to. He's got 5 in 178 passes. That's one in ever 35 passes or so.

Fact is... niners should be running MORE. Hyde is averaging just under 18 carries a game. His 2 best games were with over 20 carries. They beat the Vikings in one of those and lost a bad game to the Giants in the other. Manning through for 441 yards in that game. WTF.

When they run a balance offense with sustained drives they do well. CK7 needs to learn how to run an offense and use all of the field. Dudes terrible. Best thing that could happen to the niners would be for him to continue to suck. Them to loose. They draft one of the 2 top end QB's in the draft and an offensive lineman.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Whats the bet?
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
$100? can't remember tbh. Its in this or the old thread.
Originally Posted by JelloChex
I still do not believe Harbaugh / Roman were the actual problems that the 49ers Front Office made them out to be.

With that said, there were a lot of penalties for Delay of Game and penalties of the sort that could lead me to believe there was issues with Harbaugh's Game Management Skills (or with Kaepernick's understanding of the overall playbook), but the fact that he flat out Wins everywhere he has Coached and was the Best 49ers Head Coach since the days of Walsh / Seifert makes it a very poor decision ultimately to have forced him out of the building.

The issues with the 49ers Offense and anything really related to Kaepernick these past few seasons really should have you looking at who was directly tied to both of those areas (and he is STILL with the 49ers). Geep Chryst (the current 49ers OC) was the QB Coach from 2011-2014 and was the Coach that was calling the Red Zone Offense.

Roman was calling the plays between the 20's (which was really not a problem area for the 49ers over the past few seasons).
I think the playbook was way too complex for Kaepernick. I've read several articles that it's way, way more simple and dumb down this year.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:17 AM

Was never Harbaugh/Roman's fault. You have to work with what you have. Kap has some severe limitations, and they had to work around that. Last season they tried to get Kap to stay in the pocket more so that they can see his ceiling as a passer. Clearly it wasn't very good and didn't work out. As for the delay of game/play clock management, again, not Harbaugh/Roman's fault. Play was always in on time, it's just that Kap kept calling audibles on pretty much every play because of defensive shifts/formations.

As for this season, the playbook was dumbed down because Kap cannot go through progressions, or checkdowns, or read defenses that well. So they simplified it. Kap's not allowed to call as many audibles as he did when Harbaugh was here, hence, better play clock management. Progressions/checkdowns: doesn't have any time to do that, because of the terrible offensive line. His bullet throws cannot hit receivers running cross routes in stride. He can only hit guys with high accuracy if they are near standing still (curl routes), not when they make their initial cut. Defenses know this, so he's had a hard time passing the ball.

Now, Geep has made it so he doesn't have to go through any sort of progression for 3/4s of the play calling. Designed pass plays for a single designated receiver/tight end. That's why he's throwing short passes as soon as the ball is snapped (usually screen plays, play action calls). I'm sure defenses are going to adjust to this soon, and Geep's gonna have to change it up again, if they aren't making progress.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:47 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Was never Harbaugh/Roman's fault. You have to work with what you have. Kap has some severe limitations, and they had to work around that. Last season they tried to get Kap to stay in the pocket more so that they can see his ceiling as a passer. Clearly it wasn't very good and didn't work out. As for the delay of game/play clock management, again, not Harbaugh/Roman's fault. Play was always in on time, it's just that Kap kept calling audibles on pretty much every play because of defensive shifts/formations.

As for this season, the playbook was dumbed down because Kap cannot go through progressions, or checkdowns, or read defenses that well. So they simplified it. Kap's not allowed to call as many audibles as he did when Harbaugh was here, hence, better play clock management. Progressions/checkdowns: doesn't have any time to do that, because of the terrible offensive line. His bullet throws cannot hit receivers running cross routes in stride. He can only hit guys with high accuracy if they are near standing still (curl routes), not when they make their initial cut. Defenses know this, so he's had a hard time passing the ball.

Now, Geep has made it so he doesn't have to go through any sort of progression for 3/4s of the play calling. Designed pass plays for a single designated receiver/tight end. That's why he's throwing short passes as soon as the ball is snapped (usually screen plays, play action calls). I'm sure defenses are going to adjust to this soon, and Geep's gonna have to change it up again, if they aren't making progress.

You'll never succeed as a team in the NFL if you have to dumb it down that far because of one player, especially one that's not dominating. His first few games starting he was dominating. He can't do that now that the cat is out of the bag that he's all arm and legs no brains.

I like him as an athletic back up. I like him as an athletic starter on a run first team.... maybe.

My question is this... if this dude is getting mad money thrown at him and is seen as a god among men by many sports writers... how the hell is Tebow not in the NFL. I'm sorry but that dude could come out and be a MASSIVE improvement for the niners... right now. He'd probably learn CK7's playbook in a week. He's just as athletic, has a pretty damned good arm and from the looks of it this year, is more accurate with better touch. And he's way cheaper. LOL!
Old 10-21-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
But Flacco is a THROWING QB. With rings.

Flacco is having a tough year with very little to throw to and no run game. And he's got 7 INT's in 247 passes. That's 1 in ever 35 or so passes.

CK7 is having a pretty normal year. He's got a decent running back. He's got a few decent guys to throw to. He's got 5 in 178 passes. That's one in ever 35 passes or so.

Fact is... niners should be running MORE. Hyde is averaging just under 18 carries a game. His 2 best games were with over 20 carries. They beat the Vikings in one of those and lost a bad game to the Giants in the other. Manning through for 441 yards in that game. WTF.

When they run a balance offense with sustained drives they do well. CK7 needs to learn how to run an offense and use all of the field. Dudes terrible. Best thing that could happen to the niners would be for him to continue to suck. Them to loose. They draft one of the 2 top end QB's in the draft and an offensive lineman.
Going to have to respectfully disagree. When we played Steelers, Ariz and Packers, they were all top 5 in defensive efficiency. Flacco has played 1 top 5 defense in Denver.

The difference between Flacco and Kap is PI call. One gets them, the other didn't. I have no issue with a balanced game plan but what we run isn't balanced, it's a predictable game plan which is the same reason Hyde continues to get stuffed.

Hyde runs best off the left side so why do we consistently force him to run up the middle or to the right side? We have screen passes and jet sweeps that have given great results so why don't we use them more often? Why do we consistently run our injured RB on first and second down up the middle and then force the throw on 3rd downs? The play calling is too predictable. If I can sit on the couch and tell what you're running before you do with 75% efficiency, something is wrong.

I think there was a huge kneejerk reaction after Kaps 2 bad losses. If anything I think the coaches are dumbing down the playbook and not giving him enough options to audible to. There is a trust issue there with his throws and I can't blame them but you don't shut down a QB when he makes mistakes. You let him throw his way out of it. This is the same thing that happened with Alex and our 9 OCs. Look at what Kelly is letting Bradford do. The guy throws 4 ints and Kelly lets him continue to air it out and win games. I'd be more content if they let Kap air it out all season and he falls flat on his face. Then atleast at the end of the season, I can back them up when they boot him. I'll even go on record and say that if they let Kap air it out more against the Giants, we win that game 100% of the time. Giants are bad and there is no reason why we shouldn't have scored a ton more on them.

I get it Kaps no Rodgers or Brady but very few QBs are. Even elite QBs are a product of their system and we have a pretty ****ty system here for a QB to succeed in. I can't wait until we draft Goff or Hackenberg and **** their heads up too.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 10-21-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:48 PM
General Pimpin'

knee jerk? I've never been on team CK. I've felt like he was over rated pretty much since day one and so far nothing has proven me wrong.

I've never been a huge fan of Flacco's. He's been a reasonable QB for good teams. He shows up in the play offs. But the fact that we're talking about CK even remotely being outplayed by him is evidence that CK7 is over rated.

They both are.

You can defend him all you want but he's just not a very good QB. He's an amazing athlete at the position. As good as there ever has been. But he's not a good QB.

He's no Brady or Rodgers... but he's also no all kinds of other guys. LOL!
Carr is better. Luck is better. Brees. Bortles. Dalton. Rivers. Palmer. Ryan. Stafford. Manning. Manning. Tyrod Taylor is already looking as good or better. Newton. Mariota is already looking better. Winton is looking as good on a worse team. Wilson. Big Ben. Romo. Hell, hoyer and weeden are playing as well.

Seriously. I'd take just about every QB in the NFL over CK.... when healthy.

You can't compare him to Alex Smith in any way shape or form. He's had good systems and good coaching in place. He's been given the world and the contract. Etc. He's just not as good as people like to think he is.... until he proves me wrong I'm sticking to it.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:54 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Kaepernick should spend time in the next off-season working with Randall Cunningham.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
My question is this... if this dude is getting mad money thrown at him and is seen as a god among men by many sports writers...
Pretty sure nobody is talking up Kap as a "god among men" unless they are paid 49er shills.

Kap can get cut after any season and the 49ers would owe little to nothing because of his non guaranteed contract.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:36 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Pretty sure nobody is talking up Kap as a "god among men" unless they are paid 49er shills.

Kap can get cut after any season and the 49ers would owe little to nothing because of his non guaranteed contract.
It was a very smart contract. The numbers were there to make him happy but nothing was guaranteed.

They've basically got a stop gap until they can get next years guy up to speed. A stop gap with big upside and marketability. I don't think they'll release him. If anything they'll trade him.

But many people since his first game have been talking him up as amazing. Can't deny that.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:02 PM

Car Info: Nadda
He's improving, but he's been playing against crap defenses... a good place and time to get back on track.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:42 PM

This coaching staff was gun shy on airing it out when we played crappy defenses the past 2 weeks. I don't see it changing this week. Seahawks own us and I fully expect us to get blown out tommorow night.

As far as Kap being the worst QB in your list OMA, I'm going to ask you to stop sipping on that haterade that most Raider fans do. You seem to have severe bias for pocket QBs and some that have had multiple seasons of going full potato.

Carr right now has a better team on offense, defense and coaching than Kap, yet he could only pull off 2 wins with an easier schedule. Again I think your Raider bias and maybe a little persona bias gets the in way of judging Kap. There are no QBs in this league that will succeed with an OL that's ranked last for the past 2 years. I don't think our OL even broke top 15 even in our successful years.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 10-21-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:34 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, My guess, a TD from Graham and Lynch. 20-6

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season