Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Old 12-10-2014, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Though Baalke has gotten some great defense guys, his offensive guys have been bad man.
This. Without knowing anything about the Jed/Baalke dynamic, I'd assume his head would be on the chopping block just as much as Harbaugh's.

-Brian
Old 12-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Even if the offense was terrible, you can still draft a good o-line and the rest will come with it eventually.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Though Baalke has gotten some great defense guys, his offensive guys have been bad man.
I would beg to differ.

-Delanie Walker gets 8 tds with us in 7 years compared to 10 with **** in 2 years
-Tedd Ginn gets 5 TDs in a year compared to 2 with us in 3 years
-A.J. Jenkins couldn't start with us but was serviceable with the Chiefs
-Kyle Williams.. **** that guy
-Crabtree.. Showed promise but fell off this year
-Boobie Dixon.. More ypc on the Bills than his entire career with us

Guys like Quinton Patton and Ellington are going to rot on this team just like LMJ did. This offensive coaching staff has no idea how to design plays that fit a players strength. Again that's not Baalkes fault. You put these same guys on the Giants/Steelers and they would be playmakers.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:36 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I'll be take 3 or 4 playoff years in a row. Even if he leaves us, I bet the team will be In a better place.

But I think he needs an owner and GM who don't get in his way... Davis and McKenzie could be that. And I think Roman doesn't come with him. And even if he does, well, he will have a great QB with Carr and a good RB with Murray. Rivera is shaping up to be a solid move TE. There are some good pieces there. Some good drafts and we will be set.

That's gotta appeal to Jim or Roman.

I think Roman is pushing Kaep to do something he's not good at. But I think that pressure come from York/Baalke cause they don't want Kaep to run.
Mark and Reggie comprehend that they are not the best Owner/GM out there. Harbaugh is exactly the kind of guy Oakland needs to grab the reins and set the franchise in the right direction and make Mark and Reggie's jobs a little easier.

As far as preventing Kaep from using his legs, why give him a contract if you don't want him doing what he does best? It's understandable to not want him to get hurt, but it became obvious pretty quickly that he is not a pocket passer. If they wanted a guy to nervously sit in the pocket and make errant throws, they may as well have hung onto Alex Smith.

They knew right from the start what kind of qb he is. Right after they resign him for a big deal (even if it's very team friendly), they decide to convert him into a pocket passer? I'm not buying into that.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I think getting rid of harbaugh would be a huge mistake. The team was **** before he came aboard. That being said, things are fubar. The team is not a team. You could see it in the past two or three seasons with the inconsistency. Inflated egos, exccesive partying, ****ed up play calling, injuries... It's too much to overcome. I agree the reign is done but I'd love to see otherwise.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:14 PM

What's hilarious is listening to idiots like Damon Bruce on 95.7 say teams need people like crazy Sio Moore...

No they dont, Belichick gets rid of people who mess with his system, period. 'Cept for Gronk cuz he's just a manimal.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:36 PM

Well Kap finally gave a good interview today. Sounds like he's listening. Hopefully he goes out in Seattle and has some fun this week knowing we're pretty much out of the playoffs.

Added bonus would be Shermans ACL.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:11 PM

Kaepernick is a downgrade from Alex Smith if he doesn't use his legs. He can't even throw the underneath stuff or dump it off, always trying to get a deeper pass and missing with accuracy.

What Kaepernick should do:
-Look at the playbook or ipad after each series
-Radiate confidence to his teammates instead of frowning on the sidelines. He looks so negative; he needs better body language, not just a haircut.
-Run with decisiveness if a play isn't there 10-15 times a game.
-Actually use his cadence to get people offsides.
-Read and snap the ball quicker.
-Throw the ball on time.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Kaepernick is a downgrade from Alex Smith if he doesn't use his legs. He can't even throw the underneath stuff or dump it off, always trying to get a deeper pass and missing with accuracy.

What Kaepernick should do:
-Look at the playbook or ipad after each series
-Radiate confidence to his teammates instead of frowning on the sidelines. He looks so negative; he needs better body language, not just a haircut.
-Run with decisiveness if a play isn't there 10-15 times a game.
-Actually use his cadence to get people offsides.
-Read and snap the ball quicker.
-Throw the ball on time.
Or just give the ball to Gore and Hyde.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:42 PM

*crickets chirping*

It's a big mistake to let Harbaugh go, but damn he would be just what Oakland needs.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:28 PM

Yea, we kinda knew the season would end, it was kinda inevitable. We kinda got what we got since Chicago, a team that can't finish and is not consistent. Kaepernick + Gore ran more, and wow, Niners were up 7-3. Then sustained huge injuries, Gore on a concussion and Borland on defense. Too much to overcome, once Borland was done (which sucked cuz it was at the end of the 2nd half) and all of a sudden Beast Mode was gettin 10 yards a carry.

In the end the Niners don't look dominant. Their defense gets gashed here and their, but really their offense definitely needs someone new... and I'd really really look at Hugh Jackson over in Cinci. I like Vic Fangio and hope he stays but the offense definitely needs to tweaks its game.

They aren't the Niners that won back in '94 where the offense would just burn folks, from behind with comebacks, and ahead making the point spread impossible to come back from.

Definitely an interesting offseason ahead.

Personally I want Harbaugh back, but unfortunately it doesn't look that way. Then I want the rest of the coaches back except for Roman.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Kinda what I figured as to what the outcome would be.

I was decently happy with the first few qtrs tho.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:03 PM

The play that changed the game imo. I guess Ed Hochuli had Seahawks -9.5 spread to cover. Ofcourse NFL comes out and says it was a botched call today. It really irks me that when we play hard, we end up getting flagged and sustain injuries. When Seattle plays hard, they're rewarded with picks and sacks and sustain no injuries.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
yea that was a BS call
Old 12-15-2014, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
It's a damn shame we are out but even though I had hope we all knew what the outcome was going to be

It'll be interesting to see what the offseason is like. Crabtree and Iupati's contracts are up I don't think they are coming back.

I really hope we sign Gore to some sort of light extension it would be wonderful for him to finish his career in SF even if we can't get him a ring.

Still going to make it to the Arizona/SF game at the end of the season when I'm back for the holidays! Never been to an NFL game before I'm excited regardless of our record

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)