Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Not even close. If Manning was a Niner, he'd be out of the league right now. Our OL can't protect dick and Manning would have been injured playing Seattle twice a year.
But Manning gets rid of the ball quicker than any other QB. 3 sec or less. Dude drops back and then it's out of his hands already. Kap takes well over 4 sec to get rid of the ball. That is why teams don't blitz Manning too much, because it doesn't work well against him.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:01 AM

Also like to add: Kap is so predictable in his snap counts, that defenses already know when he's going to snap the ball.

-He almost never snaps the ball with the play clock above 10 seconds.
-Always does a 1st hard count to get defenses to go offsides, but usually ends up messing up his own OL with it. "Red 80, hut!" Next count snaps the ball. Easy to pick up on for the defense and get a running start on blitzes.
-If play clock is below 4 seconds, Kap will yell "Hurry hurry! hut!" This cancels the 1st hard count.

Bottom line is Kap is just too predictable and he doesn't help the OL out with predictable snap counts and winding the play clock down to less than 4 seconds.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:51 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Yep, he ain't no Andrew Luck. The kid needs to use his legs more and the offense has to run the ball. The offensive system isn't for Kaepernick. Or he sucks running it.

If the Niners don't make the playoffs, I think Harbaugh walks and the Niners drain the toilet. Lol, maybe Gruden becomes the coach! Now that would be something.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Not even close. If Manning was a Niner, he'd be out of the league right now. Our OL can't protect dick and Manning would have been injured playing Seattle twice a year.

You have a very mobile QB who gets sacked 8 times in a game. Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers would be eating dirt too. This coaching staff is trying too hard to turn Colin into a pocket passer and without a decent OL. On top of that Roman is calling plays that take time to develop and Kaeps mechanics and reads are also nowhere near where they need to be to succeed as a pocket passer.
Nah man. Denver's OL this year is better, yes, but wasn't really that great his first two years there.

I'm talking about the protection of the last few years SF had... Manning behind that would be awesome.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Nah man. Denver's OL this year is better, yes, but wasn't really that great his first two years there.

I'm talking about the protection of the last few years SF had... Manning behind that would be awesome.
Manning would put the ball where it needs to be at the right time. This is why he's so hard to sack. Kaepernick can't see the coverage and put the ball where it needs to be. No touch, none.

We gotta bring it back to the basics and use Kaep to his skill set. Which is his legs (option) and a strong arm (deep ball).

1) Pound the ball power running game or option.
2) Play action with or without the option.
3) The deep ball. The kid has the arm for deep passes.

I mean this is the old school Raider type of offense. Run run run, play action pass. Get some speedster. Period. Why is this so confusing? Niners were bomb diggity when they pounded the crap with read option + play action.

I seriously think the Niners need to get rid of a receiver or two and get a Desean Jackson or Brandin Cooks. You only need a Boldin/Crabtree as the main guy, and then the other dude as the speed.

Kaepernick is not Brees'ing/Manning'ing/Brady'ing. That ain't his ****. This 3-5 wide out empty back set, 5 man block and let Kaepernick make reads and beat you AIN'T it! Someone in the front office needs to get ***** slapped for this stuff. Kaepernick isn't the typical drop back passer.

I'm about to get on the efff Harbaugh/Roman train and hire Gruden to bring some damn sense into the club. The defense is getting stronger and doing their job. Aldon will be back, so will Willis and Bowman later. Tank and Dial are ready to relieve Justin Smith. Borland played his *** off and I think will take over Wilhoite as the #1 backup.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Manning would put the ball where it needs to be at the right time. This is why he's so hard to sack. Kaepernick can't see the coverage and put the ball where it needs to be. No touch, none.

We gotta bring it back to the basics and use Kaep to his skill set. Which is his legs (option) and a strong arm (deep ball).

1) Pound the ball power running game or option.
2) Play action with or without the option.
3) The deep ball. The kid has the arm for deep passes.

I mean this is the old school Raider type of offense. Run run run, play action pass. Get some speedster. Period. Why is this so confusing? Niners were bomb diggity when they pounded the crap with read option + play action.

I seriously think the Niners need to get rid of a receiver or two and get a Desean Jackson or Brandin Cooks. You only need a Boldin/Crabtree as the main guy, and then the other dude as the speed.

Kaepernick is not Brees'ing/Manning'ing/Brady'ing. That ain't his ****. This 3-5 wide out empty back set, 5 man block and let Kaepernick make reads and beat you AIN'T it! Someone in the front office needs to get ***** slapped for this stuff. Kaepernick isn't the typical drop back passer.

I'm about to get on the efff Harbaugh/Roman train and hire Gruden to bring some damn sense into the club. The defense is getting stronger and doing their job. Aldon will be back, so will Willis and Bowman later. Tank and Dial are ready to relieve Justin Smith. Borland played his *** off and I think will take over Wilhoite as the #1 backup.
Sucks Raiders can't play you NOW. We have to wait until you get all your good players back... Ugh.... LOL
Old 11-06-2014, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Yea seriously after watching you guys almost come back against the seahawks (in Seattle no less!) I would not necessarily say its an absolute win now ha. It has been incredibly frustrating to watch.

Sometimes the 5 wides work, we have had scattered success with that. But thats not the niners offense. I feel like we get discouraged as soon as we can't get more than 4 yards a carry on like 5 touches then we give up and start throwing all the time. Just need to trust in Frank, get that O line to do its job and run the ball in the way that has continued to give us success
Old 11-06-2014, 04:39 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
Yea seriously after watching you guys almost come back against the seahawks (in Seattle no less!) I would not necessarily say its an absolute win now ha. It has been incredibly frustrating to watch.

Sometimes the 5 wides work, we have had scattered success with that. But thats not the niners offense. I feel like we get discouraged as soon as we can't get more than 4 yards a carry on like 5 touches then we give up and start throwing all the time. Just need to trust in Frank, get that O line to do its job and run the ball in the way that has continued to give us success
The Team's Winning Percentage when Gore touches the ball 20+ is crazy high. Personally I think Roman is the reason that the team is so "all over the place" with how they attack each game. He tries to be too cute with his game plan and tends to sway away from things that are working or not allowing the team to have a true identity on Offense. They could have won the Super Bowl if they just fed Gore the rock and let him get the yardage. Now this year they have all of these WR's that they are trying to feed, but forgetting that they still have one of the best RB's in the game. Go back to the formula that was winning for them previously (Give Gore the rock and let Kap use his legs as well as his arm instead of trying to be just a pure pocket passer).
Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 PM

Eh, the whole feed Gore and his touches isn't something I really don't buy into much. For one, Gore gets the ball more when the offense is ahead in the 2nd half to grind the clock if they're leading. Whole different ball game if they're behind. Really depends on the game, but yea, anything less than 15 is never good. Niners should keep the passing only if they're in need of points in a hurry. Just keep it there as capable, not used all the time. Also pair it up with no huddle stuff, which I think they need to do more.

All of this is nonsense if the Niners are 6-2 if they win Chicago and St Louis. But the fact that the offense added more and can't win and put up high 20s to 30s is an issue.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:34 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
We're at the same point Steelers were at a few weeks ago when they were calling for everyones head. Either we nut up or start back at scratch this offseason. Every game is a must win at this point to just make the wildcard.

Would be cool to see Rams beat Arizona on Sunday. They'll have beaten everyone in the division.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Really the big killer with everything is that O line. It's falling apart. Can run or pass effectively with an line that's constantly falling apart every play. Can't run block and can't pass defend. Defense seems to be doing decent considering all our injuries it's just that line that's killing us. Kap is not that great under pressure I'm sure its frustrating for him to have defenders in his face every play.

I hope we do better than the panthers did against NO in their matchup Saints D looks pretty good in that game
Old 11-08-2014, 02:23 PM

Hire Steve Young back if we're doing straight read and pass.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Not looking forward to tommorow. Would rather go into the game expecting us to get blown out than be optimistic.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Old School

Not looking forward to tommorow. Would rather go into the game expecting us to get blown out than be optimistic.
Welcome to the club!!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Welcome to the club!!
Haha

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)