Whoops, bumping this one.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Uhh... draft in 50mins
Old 09-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Lets just do no money and play for fun this year. Way too late on this and NFL starts tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Sounds good to me!
Old 09-08-2016, 03:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Forgot about the damned draft. UG. Too tied up with other isht. Least I jumped on long enough to fill out my roster and not have any huge holes.

Draft wasn't horrible. I would have done it different but for the most part it's alright. Probably would have done it completely different. LOL.

I definitely would have drafted Reed over Hyde. Probably Forte over Luck and picked up a QB in the next round. Definitely woulda picked up Kelvin over Tate. I think people are sleeping on Tate falling that far. And I probably woulda picked Brady up over Arizona defense. That's a big big come up for Gagan that far down in the draft. Probably woulda picked Gordon over Sanders. Sanders is probably the safer pick but Gordon has way more upside.

All in all. I think I'll be able to work with it. Just gotta swap out a few guys and make some smart waivers.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:25 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I'll still play like it's for money... and now there may be a lot of folks just auto'ing and freebees =\. Alwell! See you in the playoffs!
Old 09-11-2016, 09:32 PM
General Pimpin'

We can still pony up.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:06 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Jess and I are still trying to play like theres money involved but holy **** did I get raped at the draft. Who was my first and second round pick? It might take me a couple of weeks before I can get a usable lineup.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Jess and I are still trying to play like theres money involved but holy **** did I get raped at the draft. Who was my first and second round pick? It might take me a couple of weeks before I can get a usable lineup.

Me too. The draft is my favorite part and I totally forgot about it. Ug. I jumped in and filled out my roster. My team is o.k. but there are some big big holes that I'm going to have a challenge getting past.

No way in hell would I have ever drafted Sammy or Gates.

I really need Hyde to stay healthy and have a really good year. Without him I'm gonna win maybe 4 games.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Your draft, starting with pick 8 in order,
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandon Marshall
Doug Martin
Jamaal Charles
Drew Brees
Jeremy Maclin
Julius Thomas
Carolina def
Connor Barth
Frank Gore
DeVante Parker
LeGarrette Blount
Marcus Mariota
Jared Cook
Buffalo
Old 09-16-2016, 12:34 PM
General Pimpin'

I don't think that's too bad a draft.

Brees/Mariota is pretty solid.
Thomas/Cook is good.
Hopkins/Marshall/Maclin is as good a top 3 as any team in our league. Parker is a bit of a reach but he might be o.k. for the bench. He's boom bust.
Carolina/Buffalo is a pretty good defense set up.

You're a bit hurting right now because of Jamaal but once he's back healthy he and Martin are plenty good. Blount/Gore are good depth. I probably wouldn't have chosen either but they're not horrible.

All in all it's not that bad.

At least you're not stuck with a really high choice on Sammy Watkins. I would have never chosen that dude. Not with Jordy Nelson, Cooper, and Jordan Reed on the board. I don't know wtf yahoo was thinking with their rankings in this draft. A lot of us had some really weird draft choices.

There is no way in hell I pass on Reed the way that draft was going. Worst case I would have gone Nelson/Reed. But knowing me I probably woulda gone Reed/Murray or something like that.

The folks that made it for the live draft have a HUGE advantage going into this season.

Murray going in the 5th round? Kelce in the 7th. Brady in the 8th. You'd have to be brain dead to not pick him that low. He's going to murder the second half of the season. He'll be healthy going into the tail end when everyone else is getting tired. D. Williams in the 10th! Ware in the 10th knowing that he was going to get a few starts... and more than likely will be the back at the end of the season when Charles gets hurt again.

I personally think Murray in the 5th round or Fitz in the 9th are my too biggest bang for the buck drafts in the draft. People got scared off by Murray last year and I think that was a mistake. He had the Randy Moss disease. Was in a system he hated and he saved himself.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:51 PM

My strategy has always been to take backs first unless I end up in position for Gronk. Backs and tight ends have a huge drop off. Wrs I usually like to throw on backburner unless they're Antonio Brown. Guys like Hurns, Baldwin, Snead and Bryant are just as good if not better since they're not covered by the #1 corner.

Just going to have to get used to this roster I suppose but its actually much worse than it seems

Your draft, starting with pick 8 in order,
DeAndre Hopkins -- QB problems
Brandon Marshall -- rather have Decker, health issues
Doug Martin -- not bad
Jamaal Charles -- coming off bad injury
Drew Brees -- good
Jeremy Maclin -- good
Julius Thomas -- hit or miss with robinson/hurns and that other te getting looks
Carolina def -- good
Connor Barth -- meh
Frank Gore -- good for a late pick but Indy blows and usually ends up in deficit meaning more throws
DeVante Parker -- meh
LeGarrette Blount -- usable only vs certain matchups
Marcus Mariota
Jared Cook
Buffalo

Not getting those RBs early really ****s up my draft and gets me a bunch of guys I feel are worthless. I'll struggle to break 100 weekly.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 09-16-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:20 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Well I sent you a trade FXT the solves the Charles problem and provides WR depth for a guy you are down on. Would also do a deal for Marshall but obviously not the same players since he is somewhat close to Cobb.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:37 PM

Ill have to take a look at the trade. To be honest, I dont think I've ever done a trade. Just waiver wire FAs.

Also Gagan has the entire Raiders roster on his squad. This should be interesting.

Quick Reply: Official: 2016 Fantasy Football League