Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
I was talking about Kickers. Trust me I like TEs I have gronk in 10 of my 12 leagues. But we disagree on kickers. The reason I do not like that position is it is the least predictive of all the positions. There are a bunch of models for all the other positions but kickers are very random. Look at Josh Brown last week and if you look at rankings, from algorithms and analysts, of them across the board they are all over the place. I'm just not a fan of a position that is so hit or miss.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:50 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I can see where you're coming from with kickers but to me it's part of the game and it should be counted in points.

Really good kickers do have bad games from time to time but in general you can figure out who's going to have the most opportunities and go with that. It's not that hard to figure out. Like dude from Denver. He was a solid guy to go for because they score points. He's gonna get a lot of extra points and a lot of field goal attempts because they don't have the best red zone targets any more. But then when Manning went down you kind of go... o.k. maybe not so much.

In reality you can't predict anything perfectly. I don't know about you but I didn't see Lacy coming in and being out played by Starks this year for most of the season.

I didn't see Brady's value getting hurt but loosing all of his targets in the same season.

I just look at it like a football game. Everyone on the field has value. That's also why I prefer PPR leagues. Not full point scores but partial. A guy that catches 12 ***** and gets say 85 yards but converts 7 first downs has just as much effect on the game as a dude that catches 2 ***** for 100 yards.

I play in both types of leagues and prefer the PPR leagues. Plus... in deeper 10-12 team formats it gives a bit more depth to the WR/TE/RB positions so it's not like... 3 guys have value and if you have those 3 guys you're good and everyone else sucks.

But like I said... that's just me.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:49 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Antonio Brown saved me vs Gagan. Bryant was ahead and then Brown got 2 more TDs, wewt!
Old 12-06-2015, 11:40 PM

Well I don't know if he saved you because now we play in round 1 with both of us in the top 3 for points scored and scored against. Kind of sucks too since our teams have been 2 of the best positioned teams for the playoffs. If I was you I would of thrown the game since I have 4 dangerous players and Rizzo and Ray have 2 or 3.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Damn it. I overslept on Sunday and didn't get my roster updates in. Gonna end up costing me the bye week and probably a shot at the championship game because I'm gonna drop and have a really tough week 14 game.

Grrrr.

Well.... Maybe Reed will get me a couple TD's and make this interesting.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:38 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Yea you had some bench guys that did better but honestly only Baldwin was a value play and that's rolling the dice. I wouldn't have started Andrews over Murray. As far as Reed going off today, I wouldn't be opposed to it as I have him in most of my dfs lineups
Old 12-08-2015, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Made it! weakest team in the playoffs haha wooo
Old 12-08-2015, 03:22 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
Made it! weakest team in the playoffs haha wooo
LOL! No you're not.

The 3 weakest teams in the playoffs are the same three teams that have been in the top 3 for most of the season and been **** on with this retarded waiver system.

Let me tell you how this goes... you beat me. Kenny beat iLogin on the back of his waiver stacked running back core.

Next week you play FXT and beat him.... and kenny plays justin and beats him.

After that... you and kenny play for the championship.

Funny thing is.... 3 best teams in the league right now.

Kenny with 37 moves.
iLogin with 25 moves.
Rizzo with 24 moves.

Worst 3 teams in the playoffs...
Me with 12 moves.
FXT with 17 moves.
Justin with 12 moves.

And I'd be willing to guess than at least 8 of those moves were not priority moves....

Interesting.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Well, by that logic I should be the best right? I was waiver #1 all the time, didn't get me enough wins. LOL
Old 12-08-2015, 04:58 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
When I say weakest I mean by points for. Ruehl's team has been putting up serious points recently.

Out of the 6 teams on top, I have the lowest points for. Technically iLogin has a negative point differential but has put down more than me!

We'll see how things shake up, I've lost 3 starters to injury and I don't have a single player on my bench from the beginning of the system. Played the wire a bit mid season
Old 12-08-2015, 05:10 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Ruehl's got me, explosive players. I need like HUGE games from my guys.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:19 PM

Don't try to reverse jinx it!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Well, by that logic I should be the best right? I was waiver #1 all the time, didn't get me enough wins. LOL

The way the current system is set up it's a HUGE benefit to people in that week 3-8 range. The people it benefits the most are people with pretty solid teams already but that are under performing and/or have people on suspension to start the year. So those people start out with some losses and look worse than they are. They get priority waivers and fill in the gaps. That's why the best teams are the teams that were in the middle of the pack.

I have no problem with reverse order systems but there has to be a rotation in place for when the number 1 person uses their waiver. Otherwise the same 4-5 people get waiver priority the entire season and the top of the pack gets ****ed. That's just how it is. It's as clear as can possibly be displayed in the way the season is playing out. I predicted this **** 2 months ago.

FXT started off great and caught some injuries and literally could not fill them because he had the 8-10 waiver priorities. It's amazing to me that he's as good as he is.

Justin had a pretty solid season but he lost his money man and has had a hard time filling it in.

I've had a good team but I literally had zero shot at fixing my RB situation because ... none of them made it through the top 5 or 6 waivers... ever.

Your team under performed the entire season. Picking up Rawls was huge but too late. You needed to fix your QB situation and never quite got it. But your team is full of waiver additions that are better than what you had... And you missed a few big ones where I went... wuh?

Your wife is WAY better due to some waiver additions. Rack is a freaking beast off of waivers. iLogin and Kenny did the best with the waiver system filling in gaps.

It's just how it is. I can't say it any clearer so we'll just see how it plays out and see if I'm right. Either way... call me what you will but if this same system is in place next year I've got an entirely different strategy.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ruehl
Don't try to reverse jinx it!
LOL... you guys are in a tough situation. I honestly see this as the championship game. Whoever has the bigger week this year from you two is gonna be champion. Tough loss for the one that doesn't make it.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Side note...

We just activated the friends and family sale.

If you want to buy Riddell stuff now's a good time. If you go to Riddell.com now though the 15th and enter (FRIENDS&FAMILY) when you check out you'll get 25% off.

Quick Reply: Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League