Official: 2014 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 03:13 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Didn't want to make a new thread about the NFL.

Romo has a couple of fractures in his back, why even consider playing him? Save him for the playoffs. I think it would be a dumb move to put Romo in considering this is just a "pain tolerance" thing. Wouldn't even chance it, people get hit and they get hit hard, wouldn't want any permanent damage if somehow these fractures get moved around on another hit. Save him for the playoffs or the push late in the season. You got Murray and Dez, I'm sure Weeden can feed those 2 easily.

Tony Romo has fractures in transverse process - NFL.com
Old 11-01-2014, 05:21 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
That's because the Cowboys organization is retarded. Obviously a guy like Romo is always going to want to play. He doesn't lack heart but the coaches should tell his *** to sit and let Weeden go out and win the game. Their gameplan should be to use Murray like they have been and like they should have done last game when it was 2nd down and goal and they went with 2 consecutive throws.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
And if Weeden plays and they lose 4 in a row, while the Eagles potentially win 4 in a row. The division just got out of reach and there chances at a wildcard become scarce. So saving Romo for the playoffs may not be smart when the likely hood of getting to the playoffs is not guaranteed. Especially in that division.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:40 AM

Car Info: Nadda
^ True, but the Cowboys have a favorable schedule.

Arizona
Jax
NYG
Philly
Chi
Philly
Ind
Wash

Really the only competition besides philly is Ind + Arizona today. Hoping they grab one from Arizona so at least the 49ers gain ground.

I also know that just cuz it's a trash team doesn't mean they can't win (Wash won last game).
Old 11-02-2014, 09:58 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
They do have a bye after Jax so he'll probably be back after the bye and they should be able to go 1-1 without him.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
^ True, but the Cowboys have a favorable schedule.

Arizona
Jax
NYG
Philly
Chi
Philly
Ind
Wash

Really the only competition besides philly is Ind + Arizona today. Hoping they grab one from Arizona so at least the 49ers gain ground.

I also know that just cuz it's a trash team doesn't mean they can't win (Wash won last game).
WTF crack are you on?

Arizona. 6-1. One of the better run defenses in the NFL. Solid run game and Palmer doesn't get enough credit for at least being decent. He's averaging about 275 yards a start and is 8/1 TD/INT. Only loss is to Denver. They beat Philly and SF already.

Jax. Laugh all you want but they're not as bad as they look. If you sleep on them they can win. And their defense shows up from time to time. But in reality that should be a relatively easy win no matter who the QB is.

NYG. Not a very good team. But they do generally beat the bad teams. So if a bad Dallas team shows up they'll loose. But reality... with Romo I put them at 2-1 at this point (if he can actually do something). Without... 1-2 or 0-3.

Philly. 5-2. Barely lost to S.F. Should have won. Barely lost to Dallas. Probably should have won. They will DESTROY a Romoless Dallas.

So now we're talking about 2-2 or maybe 3-1 if they get hot with Romo. Possibly 0-4 but like 1-3 without him.

Chicago. 3-5 But they've had some good wins and bad losses. And Forte will stomp on them. I think they probably Dallas looses either way.

Then Philly again. They loose again.

Indy. 5-3 right now. They CRUSH a romoless dallas. Dallas can not stop their offense and without Romo they can't keep up.

Seriously. You smoked some good stuff before you posted that. If they decide Romo is down for any length of time they do not make the playoffs and they might as well just shelf him and go for a decent draft pick next year. Maybe consider taking Connor Cook.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:56 PM

Lol at Dallas not going with their bread and butter Murray on key short yardage plays and then the game finally gets out of hand.

As far as Cards go, they are seeming like the destiny team this year. All their losses and even having a backup for a while didn't stop them. Defenses continously playing soft on them and getting beat over the top. Its pathetic but looking very fate like. Oh and Palmer playing like his pro bowl year in Cinci is helping a ton and their O line seems to be stout as ****.

Also whats the deal with Jess getting a matchup every week where the other team scores ridiculously high. I mean who would've thought Tannehill or Miami defense would do well against San Diego. I know SD is 0-3 against Miami in Florida but still, coming off a loss to Peyton and a bye week and they are down 37-0... just lol @ her luck.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Lol at Dallas not going with their bread and butter Murray on key short yardage plays and then the game finally gets out of hand.

As far as Cards go, they are seeming like the destiny team this year. All their losses and even having a backup for a while didn't stop them. Defenses continously playing soft on them and getting beat over the top. Its pathetic but looking very fate like. Oh and Palmer playing like his pro bowl year in Cinci is helping a ton and their O line seems to be stout as ****.

Also whats the deal with Jess getting a matchup every week where the other team scores ridiculously high. I mean who would've thought Tannehill or Miami defense would do well against San Diego. I know SD is 0-3 against Miami in Florida but still, coming off a loss to Peyton and a bye week and they are down 37-0... just lol @ her luck.
Just how it is man. Justin and I aren't all that far behind really. Same happened to me last year. A lot of this crap really comes down to luck and injuries.

Doesn't really matter though. Barring a major injury Gagan is gonna win it all this year. He's not getting scored on, he's scoring well and he's going to have a healthy and fresh Gordon for the playoff run. That dude is gonna be in an entirely different league when he comes back in. Everyone else is going to be tired and beat up and he's going to be fresh and fired up. Screw the soft *** NFL for that move. Screwed me.

Kenny really bet the farm on McCoy waking up for the stretch because he's super shaky at QB now. If Cutler and Cameron have any issues he's toast.

Rizzo's record is a bit misleading. And I think he's got a team that's going to fade when it counts. They'll start tapering off how much Manning passes down the stretch if they've got the playoffs in hand to keep him fresh. Lynch is gonna fade. Etc. I think if I squeek into the playoffs I've got a shot at taking him down but more than likely it'll be FXT that does that.

Will has a scary team for the stretch run and I wouldn't be surprised to see Justin dig out of the gutter.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:46 PM

Yea I'm hoping to eek in. Figures I would play Asiata all his bad weeks and the week I take him out, he gets 28 points... lol. I've got a pretty balanced teams, just can't wait for this bye **** to be over so I can play all my great guys.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Yea I'm hoping to eek in. Figures I would play Asiata all his bad weeks and the week I take him out, he gets 28 points... lol. I've got a pretty balanced teams, just can't wait for this bye **** to be over so I can play all my great guys.
Yeah you're not bad man. I keep catching guys on their best weeks. Pissing me off. LOL!

This week I got a bit lucky in one league but in my other league I got crushed.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Miami has been good on D all year and with everyone roster two defs i had to roll with them after I did when they played Chicago n Jax. I was also happy going with Tannehill since get gets you 3-5 points with his feet each week

I traded Rodgers since I knew I needed an upgrade at RB n I sent him to a team I don't play again. Also he was on bye n McCoy has already has his. I'm also content with Cutler since he has had over 25 points every week but one and pits up points even when he is a dumpster fire.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:12 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
My team is finally laying an egg. I can see the end coming quickly
Old 11-02-2014, 08:34 PM
General Pimpin'

I seriously made zero mistakes this week. It didn't really matter in this league since the other team was a no show for the most part... unless Luck throws 9 TD's. And it didn't matter in my other league because I didn't stand a chance going in to it. I got the most out of my team and I think I scored like 88 points. Got smoked. That league is pissing me off right now. I was in first until these damned bye weeks. Now I'm catching everyone with bad match ups or people on the bench. Grrrrr. Now I'm out of the playoffs at the moment. I"m gonna have to run off 3 in a row.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Yeah, I'm noticing some guys aren't managing.

Once is okay guys, things happen, but you really need to keep up.

Its just not fun with people leaving guys on byes in when someone on the bench is there.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I'm really hanging on in like 3-4 leagues this week.

A good showing from Bradshaw should get me several wins.

And WTF Big Ben?? He's really on fire right now.

Quick Reply: Official: 2014 Fantasy Football League