Official: 2014 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Official: 2014 Fantasy Football League

Okay, by now everyone who played last year will have gotten an invite.

Anyone new want to join?

What rules changes do you want? (These are requests... I have sole discretion on changes, but I like to see a group decision on changes or rules)
Old 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Old School

Last years managers:

1ManArmy - Ray
bo0gzzzz - JayJay
bluwrxwgn - Justin MacGillivray
ruehl - Kenny
FXT - Amar
Steelcity11 - Jessie James
Bugeye86 - Jesse
Average Joe's - Vijay
Bollywoods Rambo! - Ricky
Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 2013 BRZ
I would be interested! I usually field 2-3 teams a year, but I think I've only got 1 team lined up so far this year.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by ChauntBRZ
I would be interested! I usually field 2-3 teams a year, but I think I've only got 1 team lined up so far this year.
I did 6 last year...

Maybe I'll go 6 again... or maybe I'll go 7 lol

Cool. We played for money last year and I feel like that worked out well. Last year was $20/person... maybe more this year?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:52 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm in again. I'll look for the invite.

I want to find some new leagues. I'm not sure if I'll do my other one this year. THose guys pissed me off the last couple years. Commish cheating and what not.

I like to run 2-4 leagues and I'm only in 1... this one.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I'll check for the invite.

I'm ok staying at $20. I don't like to gamble too much.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'm in again. I'll look for the invite.

I want to find some new leagues. I'm not sure if I'll do my other one this year. THose guys pissed me off the last couple years. Commish cheating and what not.

I like to run 2-4 leagues and I'm only in 1... this one.
The Commish was cheating? What was he doing?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by flukewrx
The Commish was cheating? What was he doing?
One year he changed some rules and didn't tell anyone. He's a bears fan. The bears happened to have one of the best return men of all time. So he pumped up return points quite a bit where there were no return points the year before. Making said players value much higher than it would have otherwise been... i.e. not even drafted.

I saw what he did as I read the rules the day before the draft and drafted said player. LOL!

And doing things like letting certain trades go through and certain other trades not go through. Helping certain people and hurting others. I think 4 of the guys in the league work together and/or are close friends. Lots of little things going on between them to help each other out. Like one team gutting itself and dumping players on another team. (no waivers)

A lot of that kind of stuff. I probably won't catch an invite this year. But if I do I'll play anyways just to try and beat them all.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
I'd be down if you had another spot, usually play in a league or 2 or a year!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Accepted the invite. Also, I'm down for any sum of money you guys want to play for. I just have to decide on how many leagues this year. Last year was 10 so I'm thinking 12-15 this year. Also, I'm down for any sum of money you guys want to play for.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:00 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I was in the first year, wasn't in the past year, and would like to get in this year.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Old School

PM me email addresses. There are 14 spots right now, and looks like we got 3 new guys already.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
It's going be an online or live draft right because right now it says auto pick but I'm assuming that's because you haver set a date right?
Old 06-02-2014, 03:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
PM me email addresses. There are 14 spots right now, and looks like we got 3 new guys already.
Damn...14 people.... that's a big league. Gonna be a 3-4 teams that end up just flat out sucking. LOL!

Was talking to justin earlier and here's what we were discussing...

Last year we had some folks fall off. One in particular that just stopped. We were thinking of ways to stop that from happening...

Everyone kicks in $40. $20 for the pot. $20 you get back if you manage the full season. If you bail... that $20 gets added to the pot.

How to handle the teams that bail? Well either Gagan agrees to manage the teams and just put in the highest projected team week to week... or the team gets gutted and the remaining teams waiver fight for who's on it. I'm not sure if you can set Waiver priority manually but maybe Gagan can set it according to how people are placed.... like a draft. Last place gets first waiver. First place gets last waiver. Etc.

As for dollars. $20-25 works for me. I'm not a big gambler. This is just for fun for me. Not a way for me to make extra money. I spend like 20 minutes a week TOPS managing ALL my teams.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Damn...14 people.... that's a big league. Gonna be a 3-4 teams that end up just flat out sucking. LOL!

Was talking to justin earlier and here's what we were discussing...

Last year we had some folks fall off. One in particular that just stopped. We were thinking of ways to stop that from happening...

Everyone kicks in $40. $20 for the pot. $20 you get back if you manage the full season. If you bail... that $20 gets added to the pot.

How to handle the teams that bail? Well either Gagan agrees to manage the teams and just put in the highest projected team week to week... or the team gets gutted and the remaining teams waiver fight for who's on it. I'm not sure if you can set Waiver priority manually but maybe Gagan can set it according to how people are placed.... like a draft. Last place gets first waiver. First place gets last waiver. Etc.

As for dollars. $20-25 works for me. I'm not a big gambler. This is just for fun for me. Not a way for me to make extra money. I spend like 20 minutes a week TOPS managing ALL my teams.
I don't really like that idea. I think we just need to drill it in that you are expected to play, and play hard the entire season.

It's okay to be on business or vacation and forget a week or two, but not week after week. But I think that being that hard is over the top, and just too hard to manage.

Quick Reply: Official: 2014 Fantasy Football League