mod friendly dealer-reconfirmations

Old 10-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 2014 WRX DGM
mod friendly dealer-reconfirmations

hey guys! sorry for posting this but i have done my research and i just wanted to confirm you with you all!
so i saw posts from like 2011 and sooner about mod friendly dealers and i narrowed it down to this

Carlsen Subaru - Mod friendly
who to talk to: which service advisor/mechanic to speak to?

santa cruz subaru - Mod friendly
who to talk to: same as above

- they WILL do warranty work even if you are modded, correct?

dealers to avoid- capitol and stevens creek?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:46 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
driveway=anything friendly
Old 10-13-2014, 09:07 PM

LOL ^ in my situation - parking spot! lol!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:01 PM

It really depends on what mods are on your car. They won't mess with you if you don't have a problem. If you break something and you have related modifications you could be in trouble anywhere.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:37 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Short and simple. Pay to play.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
^lol dont bring it to this guy if you have mods.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy408
^lol dont bring it to this guy if you have mods.
I honestly hate dealing with iclub members when it comes to warranty work. Just cause I work there doesnt mean I can overlook EVERYTHING. My job is not worth the risk of overlooking fellow members mods when warranty repairs are needed. Does that mean i'll report everything? No. But dont expect me to say your car was completely stock when your motor blew up.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:22 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
^True that.

People forget one of the things is we drive what we work on, or in my case, used to in the case of my Fozzy. We have to follow the same set of rules as the customers, we just get price breaks because we have time and space to install it there or at home if we bring our tools back to the house. If I do something stupid to my current DD, the Ram, I HIGHLY doubt work's going to just suck it up and let it pass. Warranties are for legit issues.

That said Heng's a good guy, he knew I wasn't b.s.'ing about a stupid speaker housing issue and had it handled because I hadn't started the new job yet and didn't want it being an issue.

Last edited by TheFozz; 10-16-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
I honestly hate dealing with iclub members when it comes to warranty work. Just cause I work there doesnt mean I can overlook EVERYTHING. My job is not worth the risk of overlooking fellow members mods when warranty repairs are needed. Does that mean i'll report everything? No. But dont expect me to say your car was completely stock when your motor blew up.
when subaru makes the TSB to replace my block due to the ringland/oil consumption problem, I have to return it to stock?!
eek!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheFozz
^True that.

People forget one of the things is we drive what we work on, or in my case, used to in the case of my Fozzy. We have to follow the same set of rules as the customers, we just get price breaks because we have time and space to install it there or at home if we bring our tools back to the house. If I do something stupid to my current DD, the Ram, I HIGHLY doubt work's going to just suck it up and let it pass. Warranties are for legit issues.

That said Heng's a good guy, he knew I wasn't b.s.'ing about a stupid speaker housing issue and had it handled because I hadn't started the new job yet and didn't want it being an issue.
I think the real problem here is they have had cases of motor issues throughout the years, but dealers are inherently greedy so they often try to **** people over who at not at fault, and often have tried to deny work based on mods that clearly didn't contribute to a fault on the car.

As ****ing horrendously bad as subaru tunes are I'm surprised they have the gall to void anyones warranty who tries to have subaru malfunctions and inadequacies fixed.

If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure most of us iclub members hate going to the dealership more than you hate having us as customers.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:32 PM

Never said I hate having you guys as customers. I hate dealing with iclubbers because they think I can work wonders and magic to fix their car under warranty.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:46 PM

Short and simple. Pay to play.
understandable!
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
It really depends on what mods are on your car. They won't mess with you if you don't have a problem. If you break something and you have related modifications you could be in trouble anywhere.
well just TP stage 1(maybe) an AP(whenever i get to buy it), and just an exhaust.

ok i just caught up on this! ^ which dealer do you work at? lol! i didn't know you work at one! and no no! of course not! i wouldn't want you sacrifice your job just to overlook and have my engine fixed. not saying its broken. what i am saying is i would like to show up to a dealer where i can just flash back to stock and have my extended maint. work done and not be given a ton of questions like "why is your car re-flashed" and what not. not warranty work. just maint. work! sorry had to clarify that!
Never said I hate having you guys as customers. I hate dealing with iclubbers because they think I can work wonders and magic to fix their car under warranty.
understandable!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:34 PM

They won't bother checking your car for flash if your in just for maintance work. But if you have motor issues they will check for certain numbers inside of the ecu for proper map id. It'll be extremely obvious if you reflash at the dealer when bringing it in for an issue. Not only that but reflash will also delete any memory and check engine lights so the dealers won't have anything to go off of as far as figuring out what's wrong with your car.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:18 PM

They won't bother checking your car for flash if your in just for maintance work. But if you have motor issues they will check for certain numbers inside of the ecu for proper map id. It'll be extremely obvious if you reflash at the dealer when bringing it in for an issue. Not only that but reflash will also delete any memory and check engine lights so the dealers won't have anything to go off of as far as figuring out what's wrong with your car.
ohhh! ok thanks! that helps a lot on what i was looking for in my previous post! so its obvious if i reflash at the dealer when brining it in because isn't there like a count on it?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:24 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Almost makes me ponder if I do buy a new Subaru, buying a 2nd ECU online and having it set to the car. That way you swap it out before you take the car in for service/problems and they have NO clue (you run the 2nd one, keep the OEM one safe at home for swaps)